Metal Storm logo
National Day of Slayer

Original post

Posted by Conservationist, 12.04.2009 - 22:36
Http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

Never forget... the Slayer.

Anyone else going to celebrate? It's our only truly metal holiday.
06.06.2009 - 23:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Happy Avenged Sevenfold day!
07.06.2009 - 11:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I find it hilarious when people constantly toot their anti-religion horn, yet they try to turn a music genre into a religion with pointless ideas like these.

How about this? Fuck national day of Slayer, fuck International Heavy Metal Day, and fuck any other sort of effort to turn something that I see as an escape for myself into some sort of fucking institution. You know who I listened to on "National day of Slayer"? James Fucking Brown and Rancid.

I can out poser you all. Your move.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.06.2009 - 03:23
BuzzPhil

Written by Conservationist on 06.06.2009 at 22:39

Written by BuzzPhil on 06.06.2009 at 21:56

I prefer to see a national day of Metal music before a national day for Slayer...

They're one and the same. Slayer is the symbol, metal is the message...

So Slayer will be the spokesperson of metal?? Really intersting... it's suck because I discover the date of the National Day Of Slayer today, the June 7... I have to wait a year to celebrate!!
08.06.2009 - 05:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by BuzzPhil on 08.06.2009 at 03:23

Written by Conservationist on 06.06.2009 at 22:39

Written by BuzzPhil on 06.06.2009 at 21:56

I prefer to see a national day of Metal music before a national day for Slayer...

They're one and the same. Slayer is the symbol, metal is the message...

So Slayer will be the spokesperson of metal?? Really intersting... it's suck because I discover the date of the National Day Of Slayer today, the June 7... I have to wait a year to celebrate!!

Or you could do what I do, celebrate the music whenever the fuck you feel like it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.06.2009 - 14:57
Throne Dweller

I dislike slayer.
23.05.2011 - 02:09
Conservationist

The Inter-National Day of Slayer is coming up on June 6, 2011.

The International Day of Slayer is a worldwide holiday for metalheads by metalheads.

Slayer is an emblem of metal: fast, powerful, still alien to the mainstream after 28 years.

If every other religious, ethnic and political group gets their own holiday, we deserve one too.

On June 6th:

Who is Slayer

Slayer is a band from California. Their music has come to epitomize Satanic speed metal music in the latter half of the 20th century. Their 1986 album, "Reign in Blood" is one of the single most influential metal albums of all time, typified by the modern classic "Angel of Death".

How to Celebrate

* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.

DO NOT use headphones! The objective of this day is for everyone within earshot to understand that it is the National Day of Slayer. National holidays in America aren't just about celebrating; they're about forcing it upon non-participants.
Taking that participation to a problematic level

* Stage a "Slay-out." Don't go to work. Listen to Slayer.
* Have a huge block party that clogs up a street in your neighborhood. Blast Slayer albums all evening. Get police cruisers and helicopters on the scene. Finish with a full-scale riot.
* Spray paint Slayer logos on churches, synagogues, or cemeteries.
* Play Slayer covers with your own band (since 99% of your riffs are stolen from Slayer anyway).
* Kill the neighbor's dog and blame it on Slayer.

Visit the International Day of Slayer website for more information!

Where to purchase Slayer albums

If you don't already have at least one Slayer album in your collection, purchase from amazon.com:

Reviews of Slayer albums

* Slayer - Haunting the Chapel
* Slayer - Show No Mercy
* Slayer - Hell Awaits
* Slayer - Reign in Blood
* Slayer - South of Heaven
* Slayer - Seasons in Abyss
* Slayer - Decade of Aggression

Follow us on Social Networks

* Last.fm: National Day of Slayer
* MySpace: National Day of Slayer
* Twitter: NatlDayOfSlayer
* Facebook: International Day of Slayer
* YouTube: National Day of Slayer

Relevant Artists

If you like Slayer, also try:

* Massacra
* Mortuary
* Sepultura
* Bathory
* Vader

Thanks for reading!

- The International Day of Slayer team
23.05.2011 - 15:40
king_matt

Why Slayer?
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
23.05.2011 - 16:40
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
From reading the homepage I get the felling that this is just using Slayer as a excuse for moronic behavior, not actually honoring them.
I would also write some other issues I have with this, but i wont because i would probably get bashed ( not to mention that that they are insane conspiracy theories )
24.05.2011 - 12:41
Bulletdodger

Hm...
Interesting idea for a holiday.
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
25.05.2011 - 20:39
ANGEL REAPER

Fuck yeah ...slayer slayer slayer!
shit man,i dont even listen to Slayer.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
25.05.2011 - 20:45
(((O)))

We need a Torsofuck day.
26.05.2011 - 19:32
ADIresiduos

Written by Conservationist on 23.05.2011 at 02:09

The Inter-National Day of Slayer is coming up on June 6, 2011.

The International Day of Slayer is a worldwide holiday for metalheads by metalheads.

Slayer is an emblem of metal: fast, powerful, still alien to the mainstream after 28 years.

If every other religious, ethnic and political group gets their own holiday, we deserve one too.

On June 6th:

Who is Slayer

Slayer is a band from California. Their music has come to epitomize Satanic speed metal music in the latter half of the 20th century. Their 1986 album, "Reign in Blood" is one of the single most influential metal albums of all time, typified by the modern classic "Angel of Death".

How to Celebrate

* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your car.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in your home.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast at your place of employment.
* Listen to Slayer at full blast in any public place you prefer.

DO NOT use headphones! The objective of this day is for everyone within earshot to understand that it is the National Day of Slayer. National holidays in America aren't just about celebrating; they're about forcing it upon non-participants.
Taking that participation to a problematic level

* Stage a "Slay-out." Don't go to work. Listen to Slayer.
* Have a huge block party that clogs up a street in your neighborhood. Blast Slayer albums all evening. Get police cruisers and helicopters on the scene. Finish with a full-scale riot.
* Spray paint Slayer logos on churches, synagogues, or cemeteries.
* Play Slayer covers with your own band (since 99% of your riffs are stolen from Slayer anyway).
* Kill the neighbor's dog and blame it on Slayer.

Visit the International Day of Slayer website for more information!

Where to purchase Slayer albums

If you don't already have at least one Slayer album in your collection, purchase from amazon.com:

Reviews of Slayer albums

* Slayer - Haunting the Chapel
* Slayer - Show No Mercy
* Slayer - Hell Awaits
* Slayer - Reign in Blood
* Slayer - South of Heaven
* Slayer - Seasons in Abyss
* Slayer - Decade of Aggression

Follow us on Social Networks

* Last.fm: National Day of Slayer
* MySpace: National Day of Slayer
* Twitter: NatlDayOfSlayer
* Facebook: International Day of Slayer
* YouTube: National Day of Slayer

Relevant Artists

If you like Slayer, also try:

* Massacra
* Mortuary
* Sepultura
* Bathory
* Vader

Thanks for reading!

- The International Day of Slayer team
26.05.2011 - 20:12
ADIresiduos

WTF!!?? Slayer day!!?? OMG, this is total BS....
Don't get me wrong, I love Slayer but, a holiday?? holidays are institutionalized days, and metal music (music in general) doesn't have to do with institutions, religion, beliefs, etc. Music is art, expression, it's for us to appreciate it, to feel it, to enjoy it.
And what are all those plans to create riots? to not go to work?........ damn guys, you should really get a life!
P.S.: I still love SLAYERRRR!!!, but my way to appreciate them is buying their merch and attending their concerts, that's what any artist is thankful for
06.06.2011 - 04:08
Conservationist

Quote:

Heavy metal is a type of culture. It's an elective culture, meaning that we choose it and are not born into it. But it has its own values. We love heavy fast riffs. We think evil is as important as good. We think ugly sound can be beautiful.

Our values clash with a lot of other cultures and philosophies.

Since all of them get protection and their own rules because they are officially recognized, it's time we get recognized. The International Day of Slayer, which occurs on June 6 every year, is our chance to be recognized as a type of culture: the heavy metal culture. - Examiner

Of all the metal since the genre started in 1970, Slayer stands alone for being creative, intense and dark but powerful. Listening to Slayer won't make you feel good about life, but it will make you want to kick life's ass.

This is why Slayer is the symbol of heavy metal. There are none more capable of expressing the pure metal spirit. This June 6, celebrate the International Day of Slayer by blasting the first five albums at neighbors, family and authority figures.

The International Day of Slayer -- June 6, 2011
06.06.2011 - 04:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Nobody cares about "Slayer Day" outside of the ANUS community.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.06.2011 - 05:01
Void_Eater
Account deleted
It's funny how some people get so pissed at this. It's just a bit of fun; nothing more nothing less. If I knew any metalheads in real life, I would do something, but as I don't, I'll probably just listen to Reign in Blood and Hell Awaits.
12.06.2011 - 14:02
Conservationist

I got through all Slayer recordings up until 1992.

Most of the internet has no sense of humor, takes itself too seriously, and is false "humble" in order to seem cool.

It's really transparent, lame and stupid.

But instead of dwelling, we just have a good time, which really pisses them off...
12.06.2011 - 14:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Ya the internet is way too serious.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.06.2011 - 12:31
yumishami

I think it is slayer cause it kinda rhythm with prayer in "national day of prayer" they wanted to make it sound similar
20.07.2011 - 09:19
Plague

Very insulting. why do we need this?
----
Darkness is part of your nature...embrace it and emancipate your evil wickedness!
Infernal soldiers demonized,
Fucked up angels sodomized,
Face of the earth dechristianized
The universe...SATANIZED!