Metal Storm logo
Behemoth

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 03.04.2007 - 16:58
Old thread reached the max, so a new one is on it's way!

@Dream Of Hate: Awh thanks man for letting me open this thread.

I am going to see them live on the 8th of April in Belgium, Antwerp together with Obituary, Napalm Death, Anaal Nathrakh and some others.

I can't wait, hope to hear some Apostasy stuff.

Besides that, I say: Discuss!
25.06.2009 - 11:46
terrorist
I'am not realy amazed with this new song.I expected a better song.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
26.06.2009 - 03:59
danielllewis
I thought the new song was badass. I got chills listening to it hahaha.

Anyways, I think this album is going to be more atmospheric than their last few and maybe going back to blackened death metal.
----
26.06.2009 - 04:18
Got Mayhem?
I liked the new song. Nergal's vocals have changed slightly, as they do every album. Its definitely gonna be more atmospheric and epic. The last song, Lucifer, is 9 minutes long and Nergal himself said he was very excited and pleased with how it turned out.

Can't wait
----
26.06.2009 - 08:24
Throne Dweller
I like the new song, actually. The riff structure is somewhat more mellow, which blends well with the precision drumming and background opera/clear singing [it's VERY quiet].
05.07.2009 - 13:24
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
Written by Throne Dweller on 26.06.2009 at 08:24

I like the new song, actually. The riff structure is somewhat more mellow, which blends well with the precision drumming and background opera/clear singing [it's VERY quiet].

That is like the only song on that album like that. The rest is completely different. (The album leaked btw.)
07.07.2009 - 01:47
Got Mayhem?
So it is true...how would you describe it my friend?
----
07.07.2009 - 05:13
MetalSpider
Ive also got the leaked version (Ive also got it pre-ordered).

Ive listened to it about 4 times so far...and so far I love it. The first listen through, I actually wasnt to impressed with most of the songs, but after more listens Ive definitely come to really enjoy it more...a lot more.

I'll start with the bad, which really is only one thing that I find a bit bothersome. Some of the guitar solo's, personally, are pretty weak imo. Almost like they just dont go with the song. The song Transmigrating Beyond Realms ov Amenti comes to mind. But this is really minor in comparison to the greatness of the album as a whole.

There are a lot of brutal songs on the album thats for sure. Ov Fire and the Void is definitely the "softest". Inferno is simply a monster! A lot of the songs have a really dark atmosphere to them. The song Lucifer is like the Reign ov Shemsu-Hor...epic (although I think the Reign of Shemsu-Hor is still more epic). I think the version of Lucifer I have is a minute short at 8:06 (it ends somewhat abruptly).

I personally like Evangelion more than the Apostasy because it reminds me of Demigod (which I still think is a more brutal album as a whole). I guess I would describe Evangelion as Demigod with the epicness of the Apostasy.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
07.07.2009 - 23:49
Got Mayhem?
Hm, I think that Lucifer is better than Reign...
I just listened to the album and I love it. It sounds like a combination of Demigod, Thelema 6. and The Apostasy. Inferno has kicked up his drumming to the speed seen in Azarath and the drum tone is much better overall.

The album is definitely less riff driven than Demigod and The Apostasy, though this isn't really a bad thing. Vocals are a bit rawer than the last two albums too.

Evangelion is more epic than The Apostasy for sure. The biggest gripe I have right now is that the songs don't seem to stick in my head because the album is less riff driven. But i'm sure this will pass with repeated listens.
----
22.07.2009 - 01:49
wormdrink414
Elite
I got to meet Nergal and Seth outside their show in Portland the other night and had to bite my tongue so as not to talk about Evangelion. I was going to compliment it, not because I'm a major kiss ass but because it's brutal shit. Granted, I don't know if I like it as much as the Apostasy, but its still fucking fantastic. I'd say its slightly more blackened than post Zos Kia releases, which is cool I guess. Less guitar centrism, which I don't necessarily like, but the vocals and the drumming seem to have, unbelievably, improved. They definitely aren't stagnating.
01.08.2009 - 12:04
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=71317847&blogId=503311205

Saturday, August 01, 2009

BEHEMOTH: ENTIRE NEW ALBUM NOW AVAILABLE FOR STREAMING HERE ON MYSPACE!
Category: Music

"Evangelion", the ninth full-length studio album from Polish extreme metallers BEHEMOTH, is available for streaming in its entirety on the band's MySpace page. Due on August 7 in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records and August 11 in North America through Metal Blade, the CD was mixed at Miloco Studios in London, England by Colin Richardson, who has previously worked with MACHINE HEAD, SLIPKNOT, NAPALM DEATH and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, among many others.

"Evangelion" track listing:

01. Daimonos
02. Shemaforash
03. Ov Fire And The Void
04. Transmigrating Beyond Realms Ov Amenti
05. He Who Breeds Pestilence
06. The Seed Ov I
07. Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
08. Defiling Morality Ov Black God
09. Lucifer

The digipack edition will include a bonus DVD with behind-..the-scenes footage and expanded artwork. The material on the DVD was shot while the band forged "Evangelion" between January and May of 2009.

Fans can check out a sneak preview of this footage below (courtesy of MetalInjection.net).

BEHEMOTH's "Ov Fire And The Void" video was shot in Wroclaw with director Dariusz Szermanowicz and Grupa 13.

BEHEMOTH is currently on the road as part of the second annual Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival. The band is performing on the Hot Topic stage alongside CANNIBAL CORPSE, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, JOB FOR A COWBOY and WHITECHAPEL.
----
The force will be with you, always.
01.08.2009 - 13:28
TheBigRossowski
I've listened to two new songs and I wasn't too impressed, they were actually a bit boring. Maybe that's just the stress talking. Now, what we have here, is what appears to be a series of victimless crimes (songs). What about the toe? Forget about the fucking toe.

Time to listen to the whole streaming album!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
02.08.2009 - 21:15
wormdrink414
Elite
The new album is growing on me. I didn't like it at first but once I stopped focusing solely on the lack of Apostasy-grade riffs, I really enjoyed it. It is currently up there with Demigod and Thelema as my favorite non-Apostasy Behemoth album.
12.08.2009 - 09:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just bought Evangelion and I like it quite a bit. I was only able to hear the first seven or so songs on the way to work, but it sounds fucking perfect on my sound system. It's so much better than The Apostasy, which from what Nergal was saying, was a rushed album anyways. Sure, it's not as catchy as their past work, but on a brief first listen, it seems to be their most brutal (not best) album that they've made drum-wise, but I could be wrong.

Transmigrating Beyond Realms Ov Amenti is currently my favorite on the album, but the first two are also awesome.

Edit: I just finished listening to it on headphones at work and, while I still like it, I wasn't as into it as I was in my car. I mentioned that it's not as catchy, and that's definitely the case. There isn't a lot that stands out to me when the album is over - I remember liking it, but not able to remember it.
13.08.2009 - 13:59
AbdelioR
I'm listening some songs of the new album (I havn't it yet) and I find it so brutal, just what I expected. I can't wait to hear the full album...
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
14.08.2009 - 02:57
Ur-Drago
I got my copy of Evangelion today. It's no Demigod of course, but it's not half bad all. Another kicked up notch for occult Death Metal.
17.08.2009 - 06:42
dEAthB3D
Dissapointing album from behemoth

demigod sounds a lot better....
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
17.08.2009 - 09:41
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dangerboner on 12.08.2009 at 09:26

I remember liking it, but not able to remember it.

This is definitely true. While they are as tight and technical as ever, nothing really stands out to me. Granted I've only heard it probably less than ten times and have yet to go buy it, which I may do tomorrow. The only thing that really sticks in my head is "Ov Fire and the Void" and that's because of it's chant-like song structure, which reminds of "At the Left Hand of God," which is, in my opinion, one of Behemoth's best and catchiest songs. Only time will tell.

Oh yeah, here's a good list of videos of Behemoth's live performance at the 2008 Hovefestivalen in Norway. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS2bXEdZrV4&feature=related
----
The force will be with you, always.
21.08.2009 - 02:31
So I'm new to this forum. I fucking love Behemoth, so brutal..

I've seen them live twice, last time (about a month ago) I met Nergal, Orion, Inferno and Seth, got all their signatures along with Paul, Corpsgrinder, and Websters on the other side.
It was a fucking sweet show! I was up front the whole time except CC's last two songs. I was just getting beyond brutalized against the guard rail so I just went into the mosh. Anyways, seems like a cool forum!
----
23.08.2009 - 03:17
wormdrink414
Elite
'Transmigrating Beyond Realms Ov Amenti' is Behemoth at their best. I am really really enjoying Evangelion now.
23.08.2009 - 06:51
Whats up George? ready to party tonight! you better be
----
23.08.2009 - 17:25
terrorist
I am not satisfied with Evangelion.Demigod and Apostasy has more interesting parts like riffs and drums parts,this album is more like Black Metal with awesome production even if they call themselves black metal band a think they have a little bit Death Metal influence and that is what i can't hear on this album.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
24.08.2009 - 19:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

There isn't a lot that stands out to me when the album is over - I remember liking it, but not able to remember it.

I can agree with that. loved listening to it in the truck, sounded really good, got me going. but after the fact, not too terribly much really stuck with me.

it's a really good album, all-in-all, ridiculously well executed death metal, but it's nothing legendary or anything.

maybe i just need to give it a few mroe spins and watch the dvd.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.08.2009 - 20:23
Genghis Kal
Account deleted

There isn't a lot that stands out to me when the album is over - I remember liking it, but not able to remember it.

You described it perfectly there. I agree and lots of others seem to have the same opinion too.

A lot of the album sounds the same, same pace, same notes and similar riffs/structures. The musicianship is amazing but apart from that there isn't much to say.
26.08.2009 - 08:58
I really like Evangelion...
A lot.

You know they aren't going to release another record for more than three more years? Better start liking it lol
----
27.08.2009 - 22:34
Got Mayhem?
Got Evangelion awhile ago at Mayhem. Got it signed, shook hands with the band and all that stuff. It really is an amazing album. The performance is incredible. There is really no doubt in my mind that these guys are one of the best bands in Death metal today. They just work so well together and grow off eachother musically.
----
13.09.2009 - 20:33
Baz Anderson
Staff
If anyone has any sensible questions they'd like me to ask in an interview, PM them to me!
13.09.2009 - 23:46
Galar
Wicked Mung
Just never could get into this band
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
18.09.2009 - 15:47
Guib
Thrash Talker
I heard Lucifer, Ove Fire and the void, Daimonos... and right now, from what I can hear, Its nothing really impressive
In my opinion this is not behemoth at its best...

I'd rather put my Thelema -_-
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.09.2009 - 23:42
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Baz Anderson on 13.09.2009 at 20:33

If anyone has any sensible questions they'd like me to ask in an interview, PM them to me!

i imagine Nergy's been pummeled with the whole Poland/tour nonstop/recording process angles, so moving away:

1. Favorite newer metal acts that he's into.
2. Favorite music/artists outside of metal (I've seen him sporting a Johnny Cash shirt in an interview.)
3. touches on touring - favorite places (country/city) to play?
4. ask for an amusing (but printable) road story.

shit, i should have pm'd. i guess i cannot claim baz's post was "TLDR"...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.09.2009 - 05:57
MetallicA
Didn't see any links so here's a link to their new video for the song Ov Fire and the Void...be warned, it's rather graphic and if you don't want to see it, then don't go to the first link. Go to the second one...it's at youtube and this one is censored. Enjoy!

graphic:
http://www.vimeo.com/5986449

non-graphic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wotaEqL2mzI

oh, just cut and paste these links...I'm not internet savvy, sorry!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.