Metal Storm logo
Golf

22.11.2008 - 03:19
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I am an avid fan of this beautiful game, although I may not be very good, I feel that improving is part of the beauty in playing. Hitting the links with a few buddies, cracking open a few beers, just enjoying the scenery and light competitive spirit make this a great social activity for everyone. I was wondering if anyone else on MS partook in this pastime and feel free to share any golf stories or discuss anything at all!

22.11.2008 - 04:07
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Sorry, but I hate golf almost more than I hate Trivium. I'm just too impatient and I get frustrated easily
22.11.2008 - 04:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Mmm the last time i played golf was when i was in arizona at my uncles house like 2 years ago. i shanked a ball sharply to the left that went through the window of an undeveloped house. my bad.

since then its been to driving ranges. that picture above is MADNESS.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.11.2008 - 04:10
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'm pretty good at mini golf... One time on when it was my birthday my friends and I caused chaos on a course near were I lived. This guy asked me my name and I called him a MOOOOOK. I've never actually played golf. I'm sure its fun and relaxing. probably more fun if ur drunk
----
Coldgrits
22.11.2008 - 04:29
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by -DC-002- on 22.11.2008 at 04:10

I'm pretty good at mini golf... One time on when it was my birthday my friends and I caused chaos on a course near were I lived. This guy asked me my name and I called him a MOOOOOK. I've never actually played golf. I'm sure its fun and relaxing. probably more fun if ur drunk

You're all about mooks... that word is forbidden on the golf course... unless you are referring to the caddie boy.

And pyro... Trivium is anti-golf so where does that leave you?
22.11.2008 - 04:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
.with a little less hatred for Trivium lol
22.11.2008 - 06:35
Fhuesc
I can't think in anything more elitist and stupid than golf, it costs a lot of cash to play it, to create and maintain the courses tons of resources are wasted and destroyed, and watch a wash machine it's more fun than watch golf.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
22.11.2008 - 12:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'm too poor to play golf
22.11.2008 - 15:53
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 22.11.2008 at 12:22

I'm too poor to play golf

yeah, besides it's quite a boring sport. Mini golf is tolerable, I have played it during a Barcelona school trip last year and I was better then axpected
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
22.11.2008 - 16:08
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
It's definitely not elitist around my area, $8 to play on an ok course with people of every background and ethnicity.
As for it being boring, well that is a matter of opinion. The majority of Americans find football ("soccer") to be mind-numbingly boring... but that is mostly because few of them have played. Maybe if you give a sport a chance and try to play it you can respect it from a player's standpoint. I dunno...
22.11.2008 - 16:26
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Introspekrieg on 22.11.2008 at 16:08

It's definitely not elitist around my area, $8 to play on an ok course with people of every background and ethnicity.
As for it being boring, well that is a matter of opinion. The majority of Americans find football ("soccer") to be mind-numbingly boring... but that is mostly because few of them have played. Maybe if you give a sport a chance and try to play it you can respect it from a player's standpoint. I dunno...

Of course I say it without having really played it. And maybe I am wrong for this, but I figure me playing it, sending the little ball who knows where and losing my nerves to try to find the hole. As I said, mini golf was somewhat enjoyable, certainly because I plaed it with friends but also cause it lasts few minutes
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
25.11.2008 - 12:54
Judas
The Amputator
Watching golf is like watching paint dry, but playing isn't all that bad. I used to live like 4 houses away from a really nice golf course all through high school, but only ever played a few times. I'd have played more and gotten into it properly, I think, if I could have played at another time of year: I only had adequate holidays in summer to do something like golf, and I couldn't be bothered waking up early, so if I ever went to play it would be in the afternoon when the temperature was never less than 37C... I still go to the driving range once in a while though.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
25.11.2008 - 14:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Introspekrieg on 22.11.2008 at 16:08

wtf, i can understand people calling golf boring, but soccer boring?? then american football, rugby and basketball are also boring. there's a reason why in the rest of the world soccer is called "the king of sports" lol.
16.04.2009 - 00:23
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
Well, I've only played mini-golf in my life. I remember when my dad used to take me and my sister to play it and we enjoyed it very much. We always had fun and I remember my dad always let us win. So I'm very fond of mini-golf and I can't wait to play it again. I've never played golf though, but I would if I had the chance to. Indeed an intriguing hobby.
16.04.2009 - 08:06
tulkas
el parcero
I hate golf as well, i do find it boring and it really slow, so fall into despair. i barely enjoyed mini-golf, but i also sucked at it, so it sucks, haha. but playing it on Wii sports can sometimes be entertaing. sometimes being when you play with people that suck at it as much as you
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
16.04.2009 - 15:35
-Soulreaper-
I played a round of 18 holes for the first time about 2 weeks ago. Ive been to the driving range and putt-putt before but never an actual course. It was actually a lot more fun then I imagined it would be. Really relaxing out on the course and all around a good time. I may actually start going more often. Also, taking the course golf carts off roading was also a good time.
26.08.2014 - 06:48
EnterDeath24601
Account deleted
I'm not a fan of this game but I do play it. I'm on a high school varsity team, and the reason I'm part of it is a long story, but it wasn't really my choice. I must admit that I do enjoy playing golf sometimes, but only when I'm winning. Which doesn't happen very much, since I think I'm awful and I have a bad attitude.