Metal Storm logo
ELP

17.05.2006 - 20:21
Horlequism
Account deleted
ELP is another innovator in the progressive rock genre...a lot of keyboard players have Keith Emerson to thank for what he did in this band...truely a genius of the keys and organs...ties are found with King Crimson because Greg Lake was in that band because he realized that ELP was his true calling I suppose...ELP composed a discography of very experimental and spacy soundscaping progressive rock music until 1977s Works, Volumes 1 and 2 ultimatly sealed their fate...these two albums showed that there was a growing split in the band's creativity...they were really all over the place on these two albums...after this was realized, broke up...1978's Love Beach was the last album recorded by the trio only because they owed it to their label...after 14 years, ELP got back together and recorded Black Moon in 1992 which wasn't such a great album...
26.05.2006 - 04:34
Danielazo
Account deleted
I used to own "Live At The Royal Albert Hall" and found it killer back in the years (lost it then)... very blissful and talented, perfect songwriting and a very strong performance... good shit.
06.06.2006 - 08:18
Horlequism
Account deleted
@Southern Wind: Well then...I recommend Brain Salad Surgery and Tarkus then...
17.08.2006 - 08:50
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by [user id=2084] on 06.06.2006 at 08:18

@Southern Wind: Well then...I recommend Brain Salad Surgery and Tarkus then...

I agree with you on your recommendations bro,except perhaps I would also recommend Trilogy
17.08.2006 - 20:04
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Trilogy is also a good recommendation...that song blew me away when I first heard it too...they're one of the innovators of technical-minded progressive rock you might say eh?
19.01.2007 - 01:35
marillionfan
Account deleted
Don't forget ELP's debut album which is really great.
17.02.2007 - 03:15
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@marillionfan: Yes, I highly enjoy their debut album...it's flawless the entire way through...it's a damn shame that ELP aren't around anymore, really...