Metal Storm logo
The Smashing Pumpkins

26.05.2008 - 03:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
For as long as I can remember, I've always really liked The Smashing Pumpkins. Well, I pretty much hate all the slow songs, but I love almost every upbeat song they've made. Billy Corgan's voice is very distinctive, which I think works well with the heavy distortion. They don't have an album that I thoroughly enjoy, but Siamese Dream and Gish has most of my favorites.

You can find all of their songs on YouTube, and I especially prefer the live videos.

Favorite songs: Cherub Rock, Quiet, Jellybelly, Siva, Geek USA
28.05.2008 - 03:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah I enjoy the Smashing Pumpkins...my favorite songs are 1979, Tonight Tonight, Ava Adore, Bullet With Butterfly Wings...
28.05.2008 - 09:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I remeber well that I had seen this tread here in forum I dont know but search dont works for me and some of members Im not shore but maybe we had tread about band

I hmm, i like some songs but leithly Im stuck whit metal, blues, jazz, folk and oldies, dont like anytting from nowdays
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.05.2008 - 00:40
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i love the smashing pumpkins, i listened to them alot before i got into metal big time...i love cherub rock especially on guitar hero 3 ive just mastered it on hard wooo! i love siamese dream and gish mostly
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
31.05.2008 - 04:25
Deus Ex Machina
My favorite songs are : Zero, Disarm, Today, Bullet With Butterfly Wings and 1979.
Also, I read the book Tristessa and then found out that they have a song called that <3
I love the way Billy Corgan looks in the Ava Adore video, CREEPY HANDS HELLO xD

And well yes, as most bands don't... they also don't have an album that I thoroughly enjoy. So I don't know which is my favorite. I mix and match I guess. Also I have no idea about this newer Smashing Pumpkins stuff. About this Zeitgeist album. I didn't hear anything off it. I'll give it a try though. You know how they always say that it's difficult when bands come back after a while, and it's been 7-8 years no? I have no idea. I hope I'll like it.
31.05.2008 - 05:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The one radio song they have from Zeigeist is good, but I previewed the album last year and nothing really stood out.
01.06.2008 - 06:05
I never really got into Smashing Pumpkins much after my Mellon Collie and Siamese Dream CDs were stolen, although they have one song called Eye on the Lost Highway soundtrack (which is a great CD i might add) that is excellent.
08.06.2008 - 09:49
Southern Wind
Account deleted
The same summer vacations I was introduced to metal by an old good friend, he introduced me to this band... some of their stuff makes me remember great times of my life, but I never really listened to them again.
08.06.2008 - 10:51
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I like The Smashing Pumpkins quite a bit. As somebody said, the nostalgic value is definitely there with these guys. I pretty much like everything off of Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie. Billy Corgan's pissed off voice reminds of Mustaine's sometimes Ha. Gish and Ava Adore are strictly OK. Haven't heard the new material yet though (I think I heard a clip or two somewhere, but don't remember it).

Favourite Song: Has to be Zero. That song oozes coolness.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
08.06.2008 - 23:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 31.05.2008 at 05:09

Zeigeist is good, but nothing really stood out.

I would have to disagree...I listened to this album a few days ago and it's quite a strong album...catchy hooks, strong lyrics and heavy guitar work from beginning to end...
20.03.2009 - 20:04
Elio
Red Nightmare
Only listened to their most famous two works...Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie. Both are very good but Mellon Collie is insanely too long and gets boring.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.06.2009 - 04:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Been a fan since Siamese Dream. that and Gish are my favorite albums... i agree with Elio's assessment of Mellon Collie - it was so overdone it got boring and i pretty much stopped following them around the time everyone was singing along with "Bullet with Butterfly Wings."
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.07.2009 - 06:19
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
They are not listed on this website
----
rekt
08.07.2009 - 11:06
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by tea[m]ster on 08.07.2009 at 06:19

Why should be they? Not metal enough not be in METALstorm man.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.07.2009 - 11:35
tulkas
el parcero
I only have a couple of songs from them, maybe the most known, but I like them a lot. I remember when the Tonight Tonight video came out, it kinda freaked me out for some reason, haha, but still liked it. I think they're an interesting band, and the vocals make them unique. Great band. I also liked when they appeared in The Simpsons
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
08.07.2009 - 11:46
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by tulkas on 08.07.2009 at 11:35

I also liked when they appeared in The Simpsons

Uuh? Which episode? Can't remember.
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
08.07.2009 - 11:54
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Elio on 08.07.2009 at 11:46

Homer becomes an attraction at a music festival, Hallabalooza, by receiving cannonballs on his belly, and one of the bands that appears is The Smashing Pumpkins, and they rob Peter Frampton's fridge
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
08.07.2009 - 18:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

I only have a couple of songs from them, maybe the most known, but I like them a lot. I remember when the Tonight Tonight video came out, it kinda freaked me out for some reason

haha yeah I remember when the song from Batman Forever came out, and that video freaked me out cuz I was like 10 and the bald vocalist looked scary and brutal.
09.07.2009 - 01:02
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Elio on 08.07.2009 at 11:06

Written by tea[m]ster on 08.07.2009 at 06:19

Why should be they? Not metal enough not be in METALstorm man.

hmm,,,I think they are HEAVY enough. Siamese Dream is bonecrushing!
----
rekt
30.07.2009 - 00:07
Andresopeth
Written by Elio on 08.07.2009 at 11:46

I also liked when they appeared in The Simpsons

In one they are in Lolapalooza festival, Homer is also into the tour by being hit by a cannonball in his stomach and at the end he cannot receive one more strike or he dies.
23.11.2009 - 18:35
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage!
01.12.2010 - 21:46
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I even don't know why but I prefer Zwan, Corgan's other project, to Pumpkins. It's all about the sound, I guess. Zwan is one of my guilty pleasures these days, I can't put my finger on the cause of their appeal. It's not the kind of music I usually listen to.
02.12.2010 - 12:56
JD
Account deleted
Favorite songs: Bullet with Butterfly Wings, Zero, Quiet, Today, Ava Adore, Queek USA, Siva, very unique band thier music something between The White Strips and Stone Temple Pilots.
26.09.2011 - 15:35
livemusic
Old news but worth posting.

Smashing Pumpkins announced a 12 city US tour in August, 2011. The tour kick-starts on Oct 5, 2011 in Los Angeles, & ends on Oct 22nd in Philadelphia.

Oct 05 Los Angeles, CA Wiltern Theatre
Oct 07 Oakland, CA The Fox Theatre
Oct 08 Las Vegas, NV Cosmopolitan
Oct 10 Denver, CO Ogden Theatre
Oct 13 Milwaukee, WI Riverside Theatre
Oct 14 Chicago, IL The Riviera Theatre
Oct 15 Detroit, MI The Fillmore
Oct 17 Washington, DC 930 Club
Oct 18 New York, NY Terminal 5
Oct 19 Providence, RI Lupo's
Oct 21 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
Oct 22 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theatre
05.10.2011 - 11:14
livemusic
Ahh just heard that Smashing Pumpkins will be selling every show on a flash drive for this tour.. That is shhhweeett!!

It seems like a trend which is picking up rapidly. Saw a few other artists do the same last winter, and I know Alter Bridge would b doing the same for their upcoming European Tour.
12.10.2011 - 22:47
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
The Pumpkins were my first favourite band and I still love everything up to (and including) Adore. Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie in particular are masterpieces.

Really looking forward to the reissues out later this year.
08.01.2013 - 07:36
FinnishSammich
Been listening to Mellon Collie a bit lately. I think it's a good album, favorite tracks on there are Jellybelly, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, To Forgive, Bodies and Beautiful.
08.01.2013 - 07:55
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I well remember seeing The Smashing Pumpkins perform live at the Big Day Out in Sydney in 1994. They played a brilliant set - a lot of songs of the current album (then) which was Siamese Dream.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
14.04.2013 - 02:26
The Turbanator
Just getting into them now. Have been blasting "Machina - The Machines Of God" for the whole day. I still haven't heard the rest yet.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
20.09.2022 - 17:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
SMASHING PUMPKINS Announce New Album 'Atum', Share 'Beguiled' Single

https://blabbermouth.net/news/smashing-pumpkins-announce-new-album-atum-share-beguiled-single

Nja nothing special, but who still listen this band? Seems they days are over, while metal lives on.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing