Metal Storm logo
Oomph! vs Rammstein

Poll

which one is a better German industrial metal?

Rammstein
Oomph!

Total votes: 76
08.12.2008 - 19:16
Hamird
Lieutenant
I found these two bands from very first, I started to listen to Neue Dutsche Harte. In that time, both band had released two memorable singles. Oomph! with Augen Auf and Rammstein with Mein Teil. I watched both videos on satellite and I found them so interesting. Then I got the albums, and their previous albums.. And I found them really nice.
I like Rammstein for two main reason, first the powerful vocals of Till Lindemann and then nice guitar riffs thank to Richard Kruspe who is one of my favorite songwriters.
Then I like Oomph! because they always present good Industrial metal stuff. Musically they are better than Rammstein in my opinion..
After all, I would say Rammstein overcomes to Oomph! in my brain, because their stuffs were always more interesting than Oomph!'s..
08.12.2008 - 19:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
There no to add, because only Rammstain, but Im not into undutsrial metal , but from those bands Rammstain its much better and alo german language make it werry powerfull
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.12.2008 - 21:25
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Bad English on 08.12.2008 at 19:46

There no to add, because only Rammstain, but Im not into undutsrial metal , but from those bands Rammstain its much better and alo german language make it werry powerfull

Well much of Oomph! is in German as well so that's not really a valid argument.

Anyway I voted for Rammstein since I find Oomph! to be too inconsistent. They have some killer songs and some really shitty ones as well. Rammstein have killer songs and a few not so good, but not any really bad ones.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.12.2008 - 21:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Rammstein all the way... I never found Oomph! a very interesting band.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.12.2008 - 21:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 08.12.2008 at 21:25

Anyway I voted for Rammstein since I find Oomph! to be too inconsistent. They have some killer songs and some really shitty ones as well. Rammstein have killer songs and a few not so good, but not any really bad ones.

I mean such singing style in german how he Oomph I never realy understand this band
----

apos;'
[image]
08.12.2008 - 21:55
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Bad English on 08.12.2008 at 21:54

Written by GT on 08.12.2008 at 21:25

I mean such singing style in german how he Oomph I never realy understand this band

Ah fair enough. I just misunderstood you then
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.12.2008 - 21:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by GT on 08.12.2008 at 21:55

Ah fair enough. I just misunderstood you then

Rammstein they had good singints style in english it wont work, I cant say whats my fav band into german langauge, but Rammstein style and how it sounds sounds much better how many folk bands
----

apos;'
[image]
24.12.2008 - 16:16
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Rammstein with no doubt, cause they do have a Classic album IMO which is called Mutter.
24.12.2008 - 20:45
Sandarameth
Account deleted
I think rammstein is better..Oomph!s music is simple and silly
24.12.2008 - 21:34
Khaldi
Oomph! VS Rammstein ?? its funny ) surelly Rammstens are better , They are one of my favorite
Industrial nu metal bands , but Static X are better in this janre (in my opinion ) and i would like to
see the threed named "Rammstein VS Static X" and surelly i will vote for the Static X
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
25.12.2008 - 12:59
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I voted for Rammstein. Although I love both bands, I somehow feel that when Oomph makes an album they record one fantastic song, while the other songs on the album are pretty much unimpressive (with a few exceptions). Rammstein on the other hand always (yes, always) makes an album that has at least five or six songs that you can listen to all day long (at least I can ) Rammstein's live performances are also better than Oomphs, all in all, I don't think that Oomph can compete with Rammstein just yet.
----
26.12.2008 - 01:56
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Khaldi on 24.12.2008 at 21:34

Oomph! VS Rammstein ?? its funny ) surelly Rammstens are better , They are one of my favorite
Industrial nu metal bands , but Static X are better in this janre (in my opinion ) and i would like to
see the threed named "Rammstein VS Static X" and surelly i will vote for the Static X

Talking about Neue Deutsche Härte and not Industrial Nu Metal..
26.12.2008 - 02:38
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
My avatar surely gives it away who gets my vote: I'm a sucker for Oomph!'s old stuff which was the foundation for what we know as Neue Deutsche Härte today and which even Rammstein cite as a source of inspiration. While Rammstein have stayed true to only one formula, Oomph! were evolving and found their fans in three different scenes: the gothic/electro scene (e.g. performing at Amphi Festival), the NDH/metal scene (e.g. Wacken) and, and here comes the shame part, the pop/rock "scene" (e.g. Rock am Ring). Up to and including "Unrein" (1998) their albums were great from front to start - with "Plastik" they started moving more towards rock than metal which still worked well on them until "Ego" (2001). This was also the time when I got to know them. Three years later they released their infamous "Augen auf!" with its silly lyrics and soon after the album "Wahrheit oder Pflicht" which, unlike all of its predecessors, was an album with some chart hits and far too many fillers. And as they finally became successful after ten years of existence this is the formula they stuck to ever since: albums with only a few hits infused with a silly, pseudo-badass attitude. And the media just loves to embrace this attitude, for example when they got banned from performing the song "Gott ist ein Popstar" ("God Is A Popstar") at an award show as it would mock Christianity. Nobody gave a damn when they sang "Ave Satani et stupor et Christi" eight years earlier. And unfortunately most people only know the new Oomph!.

And Rammstein? Rammstein have released hit album after hit album which all are more or less consistent quality-wise, pretty much like Oomph! in their old days. Just with lower quality. Especially when it comes to ballads. And for some reason "Adios" is the only song that ever did something for me. I mean they are alright and one can just put on their discography on shuffle and be sure to get a pretty consistent mix, but somehow they never really captivated me. So my verdict reads as follows:

Oomph! (1994-2001) >>> Rammstein > Oomph! (2004-today)

And thus my vote goes to Oomph!.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
28.01.2009 - 00:48
spoonerX
I voted for Rammstein since Oomph! got rly popish with time... :S

I still like Oomph! though.. but I listen more to R+ .. and they're concerts are better since they use fire,
seriously, there's flammes of 20 feet long that I felt the heat of!
----
its when you travel that you realise that man will never really belong to a country...

Attending:
Rammstein - Paris, Bercy: 8th of december
28.01.2009 - 01:19
Ragana
Rawrcat
I voted for Oomph!, 'cause I've never liked Rammstein. Although few songs are good, I like Oomph! better - they have 2x more great songs.
07.03.2009 - 04:09
spoonerX
Well duhh... they have more songs than Rammstein...
----
its when you travel that you realise that man will never really belong to a country...

Attending:
08.03.2009 - 14:23
Krankheit
Account deleted
Haven't seen anything special in Oomph! These days they sound to popish. But still, they have some good songs. My vote goes for Rammstein. Musicwise, the lyrics and of course their pyro show.
29.03.2009 - 22:43
spoonerX
In the end I thinl I like R+ as an industrial metal band...
and Oomph! as one of the only pop band I listen to...
----

Attending:
29.03.2009 - 23:11
Wonderlost
Account deleted
Rammstein.
29.03.2009 - 23:25
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I voted for Rammstein because I know them for a longer time than Oomph! and overall I like them a little bit more
30.03.2009 - 00:42
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by [user id=36320] on 29.03.2009 at 23:11

Rammstein.

Mind explaining your choice?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
30.03.2009 - 01:05
Wonderlost
Account deleted
Written by Promonex on 30.03.2009 at 00:42

Written by [user id=36320] on 29.03.2009 at 23:11

Rammstein.

Mind explaining your choice?

I just don't like Oomph!, and also Rammstein was one of the bands that got me into metal in general.
01.04.2009 - 04:41
spoonerX
Lol me too.. at what age??
----

Attending:
01.04.2009 - 20:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Same here as well.
Along with Opeth I started to listen to metal in a more serious way.

That would be when I was 12 and I still love Ramsmtein to this very day
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.04.2009 - 00:28
Wonderlost
Account deleted
Written by spoonerX on 01.04.2009 at 04:41

Lol me too.. at what age??

Umm it was 4th grade, so I was like 10 years old or so, along with Nirvana, Apulanta and a Russian rock band.
02.04.2009 - 04:15
spoonerX
Me too it was around 10.. along with Oomph! and other german bands.. I never got into those until one year ago.. when I moved to Canada..
now its making me nostalgic about my chilhood... lol

did you ever see R+ in concert..?? they are amazing!!
----

Attending:
06.04.2009 - 02:21
TormentoR.
Rammstein ofc! Oomph has NO chance againts Rammstein!
Rammstein will always stay the best industrial band!
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
19.08.2009 - 02:15
Razorback
Rammstein,nothing compares to them .
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
09.12.2009 - 19:44
macraigma
I enjoy them both, after listening to rammstein forever I've recently gave oomph! a chance and they're great!
----
"Now for the weak an abortion
Celebrate perfection that grows
The flesh, a gift of science
The soul a fault of a god"
26.06.2010 - 00:13
ExtraHachse
For me it's of course Oomph! I mean they made the first Neue Deutsche Härte(german Industrial) album and because of them bands like Rammstein, Eisbrecher and Megaherz could be like now. That's why you should respect them because they were the beginning. I am not really a big Rammstein head. True Oomph! changed with time. From Industrial Metal to Dark and Industrial Rock but i tink they are still good. Their chorus is still good and they said they don't plan to do always the same. So Oomph! was the very beginning, inspirated Rammstein, could changed while Rammstein is still the same and oomph! can sing about poor people in germany. Rammstein sings about things like cannabilism. So OOmph!!!!!!
----
I like Powerwolf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!