10. Don't Let Me Go

Additional info
Release dates:
- 2011.03.25: in Japan (Avalon/Marquee)
- 2011.04.01: Europe (Edel)
- 2011.04.19: North America (Armoury)

Japanese bonus track:
11. I'll Find My Way Home (04:43)

Recorded at Jägarestudio, Transformers Studio, Studio Mega in Sweden and Studio Redhouse in Finland.
Drums engineered at Studio Mega, Sweden.
Mixed at Ithil World Studio in Imperia Italy.
Mix and Pro Tools assistance at Ithil World Studios, Imperia Italy.
Mastered at Maor Appelbaum Mastering, California, USA.

Staff review by
Doc G.
Rating:
Well, it looks like we get two Stratovarius releases this year. There really is no other way to describe this new Timo Tolkki project. Sure, calling it a "ripoff" would be far from the truth, as the main man from this band is the one who pretty much established Stratovarius' sound, so let's just go with "uninspired".

Read more ››
published 23.04.2011 | Comments (35)

Guest review by
Nemo Atkins
Rating:
I really hate to tear apart albums which helped shape my musical direction. I really do. This was my first power metal album and, when I was working on my dad's boat, it was one of the few albums I kept constantly replaying, just because of how much I enjoyed listening to it. If it wasn't for this album, my interest in metal would likely have not happened. But I feel I must be honest with myself and say that this album, with the benefit of over a year and a half worth of power metal listening, is really not that great.

Read more ››
published 25.01.2013 | Comments (1)

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 31   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 435 users
13.12.2010 - 06:13
Rating: 8
BMR Monkey
Cant wait what this awesome musicians can offer 3 of them ive been following them since their other bands and together i think that they can do something really really nice

andre matos on vocals its a 100% sure power and angelic thing
timo on guitar and writing 100% masterpieces to come
13.01.2011 - 01:40
Stratoman
I have more hopes on other composer than Matos and Tolkki since they left their former bands they have been writing nothing, it seems like they have lost their inspiration
----
Metal Is Made For All Men, But Not Every Man Is Made For Metal
18.02.2011 - 13:46
Rating: 7
Sword_Chant
Written by Irritable Ted on 13.12.2010 at 11:58

More interested to see that Uli Kusch is the drummer, he can write some brilliant stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCB6GDeaS4&feature=feedlik

-This is the first song ripped from a radio. From what I hear i'm preying that this is the albums worst song.
18.02.2011 - 21:14
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Stratoman on 13.01.2011 at 01:40

I have more hopes on other composer than Matos and Tolkki since they left their former bands they have been writing nothing, it seems like they have lost their inspiration

Maybe this bands formation and debut album is a result of them finding inspiration again? I for one can't wait to hear this, no doubt it's going to be brilliant.
08.03.2011 - 16:05
Sword_Chant
Written by [user id=107773] on 18.02.2011 at 21:14

Written by Stratoman on 13.01.2011 at 01:40

Maybe this bands formation and debut album is a result of them finding inspiration again? I for one can't wait to hear this, no doubt it's going to be brilliant.

Lets hope so... for many fans this is Tolkki's final chance to release something that sounds decent.
10.03.2011 - 23:32
RavenKing
Written by BMR Monkey on 13.12.2010 at 06:13

"Saana" someone?
Tolkki proved many times in the recent years that he can write crappy things. In fact, most people wonder if he can still write something decent.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
15.03.2011 - 14:37
Sword_Chant
Written by RavenKing on 10.03.2011 at 23:32

Written by BMR Monkey on 13.12.2010 at 06:13

"Saana" someone?
Tolkki proved many times in the recent years that he can write crappy things. In fact, most people wonder if he can still write something decent.

For me it's just that he just doesn't seem 'inspired' and therefore creating a lot of this Power/Symphonic same-ness thats already done to death. If theres one thing he should do, it's have a hiatus, to clear his head and find his feet in a different musical direction. But this is Tolkki were talking about - meaning theres at least 1 album every year..
15.03.2011 - 15:38
Yavanna
I simply cant wait for this
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
24.03.2011 - 20:39
Rating: 9
leo85
I've just had this album today, and guys it's simply insane it reminded me so much with Stratovarious album Visions
25.03.2011 - 00:02
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Written by leo85 on 24.03.2011 at 20:39

I've just had this album today, and guys it's simply insane it reminded me so much with Stratovarious album Visions

Absolutely! Amazing album! Visions Pt.2! \m/
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
25.03.2011 - 23:46
Sword_Chant
Written by Kallis Helmi on 25.03.2011 at 00:02

Visions Pt. 2...exactly, an album we DON'T want. What about originality? It's basically non existent (and i'm a long time Stratovarius fan). It's not an aweful release, but it's not THAT good..it's such a waste of the new line up. The vocals sound aweful and forced, Jari is a wasted musician. Mikko shines the most and even he isn't used that much. I hope their future albums sound better than this, and not exactly the same as every other RR and Stratovarius release. Far too many fillers...this sound has simply been done to death. That said... it has some cool moments. But what I don't understand is WHY Tolkki's making this type of music if he knew he was going to continue rooting his new music in the old trademark of Stratovarius' sound?
26.03.2011 - 07:42
leo85
Written by Sword_Chant on 25.03.2011 at 23:46

I've just had this album today, and guys it's simply insane it reminded me so much with Stratovarius album Visions

Visions Pt. 2...exactly, an album we DON'T want. What about originality? It's basically non existent (and i'm a long time Stratovarius fan). It's not an aweful release, but it's not THAT good..it's such a waste of the new line up. The vocals sound aweful and forced, Jari is a wasted musician. Mikko shines the most and even he isn't used that much. I hope their future albums sound better than this, and not exactly the same as every other RR and Stratovarius release. Far too many fillers...this sound has simply been done to death. That said... it has some cool moments. But what I don't understand is WHY Tolkki's making this type of music if he knew he was going to continue rooting his new music in the old trademark of Stratovarius' sound?

I'm a long time Stratovarius fan too, and u r right with ur point especially the vocal one, but about originality man it was Timmo who made Visions not anyone else from the Stratovarius band and this is his type of music, for me I find the Album more than good at least it reminds me with some old stuff we didn't hear for a long time.
Well to be more honest I really really wish that the old Startovarius group back in line again.
Please accept my respect.
26.03.2011 - 21:40
Sword_Chant
Written by leo85 on 26.03.2011 at 07:42

Written by Sword_Chant on 25.03.2011 at 23:46

I've just had this album today, and guys it's simply insane it reminded me so much with Stratovarius album Visions

I'm a long time Stratovarius fan too, and u r right with ur point especially the vocal one, but about originality man it was Timmo who made Visions not anyone else from the Stratovarius band and this is his type of music, for me I find the Album more than good at least it reminds me with some old stuff we didn't hear for a long time.
Well to be more honest I really really wish that the old Startovarius group back in line again.
Please accept my respect.

I agree dude.. but about Visions, without the other remaining 4 members of Stratovarius then Tolkki wouldn't have ever released music like Visions. To me this album sounds like he's trying to mimic all these original members. My biggest example is the drummer, how much does he sound like Jorg? Alot!!!!

Sure, this is definately the Tolkki style thats cool. But it's also Stratovarius. I guess what i'm trying to say is that every single song sounds like Timo Kotipelto should be in it.. and it sounds like Tolkki's come back to his old band and tried to turn it around for the better. The trouble is he's too late and this is a different band. One last note for me is that Visions is way better than this anyway. This album has more mid-tempo songs and nothing near as inspiring as 1997. It's just a rehash on what he's already done before about a million times.
27.03.2011 - 12:14
wty789
Sounds like old stuffs too much.You can find many things similar from them(Or I can say from visions)....I hope next time the other 4 guys will bring something different to us...
27.03.2011 - 12:35
rasto
I have this album. vote 7
28.03.2011 - 14:49
leo85
Quote:
Quote:

I agree dude.. but about Visions, without the other remaining 4 members of Stratovarius then Tolkki wouldn't have ever released music like Visions. To me this album sounds like he's trying to mimic all these original members. My biggest example is the drummer, how much does he sound like Jorg? Alot!!!!

Sure, this is definately the Tolkki style thats cool. But it's also Stratovarius. I guess what i'm trying to say is that every single song sounds like Timo Kotipelto should be in it.. and it sounds like Tolkki's come back to his old band and tried to turn it around for the better. The trouble is he's too late and this is a different band. One last note for me is that Visions is way better than this anyway. This album has more mid-tempo songs and nothing near as inspiring as 1997. It's just a rehash on what he's already done before about a million times.

That's totally true my friend, I really feel that every song needs Timo Kotipelto to be in it, but the thing is ... for me this band is way better than any of other Tolkki's bands/projects like "Sanna - The Warrior of Light (thing!!!!)" - and even Revolution Renaissance. At least it reminded us with the old Stratovarius style. and I really think with some little improvements, and if they'll replace the vocal .... it will be something amazing.

and btw I have the perfect vocal match for this band ... check on youtube for James Durbin (American Idol Season 10) and tell me what u think about him
29.03.2011 - 20:00
BMR Monkey
Quote:
Quote:
Written by leo85 on 28.03.2011 at 14:49

That's totally true my friend, I really feel that every song needs Timo Kotipelto to be in it, but the thing is ... for me this band is way better than any of other Tolkki's bands/projects like "Sanna - The Warrior of Light (thing!!!!)" - and even Revolution Renaissance. At least it reminded us with the old Stratovarius style. and I really think with some little improvements, and if they'll replace the vocal .... it will be something amazing.

and btw I have the perfect vocal match for this band ... check on youtube for James Durbin (American Idol Season 10) and tell me what u think about him

c'mon, are you serious? andre matos is one of the 5 best singers in the power metal scene

i agree on everything else that you say but give andre matos a chance, hear him stuff on angra old days, avantasia and AINA, he is that great that there was a time that iron maiden was considering him to replace bruce dickinson
01.04.2011 - 19:47
Luneth
Account deleted
Sounds like a combination of Visions and Episode, nothing spectacular.
06.04.2011 - 20:53
Iriki
I've never seen, for a long time, a vocal harmony gayer than the "Fields of Avalon" album version, and It seems that I predicited every minute of this album.

Tolkki made a flaw in Matos' discography
08.04.2011 - 07:02
Rating: 10
mikeprado30
Excellent album! I never thought Tolkki came back to the roots of purest Melodic Metal, but HE GOT IT! That's the way he never should abandon. What came into his head when he compose the Stratovarius album and the 2 first RR albums? And also André Matos surprised me with so many high-pitched vocals. Undoubtedly one of the best albums of this year until now (I write as LOVER of the Melodic Metal, or Euro-Flower or whatever you call it ). I'm sure fans of the roughest, rawest, uncleanest, hardest, growlest and deathest metal won't hesitate to get away and/or piss, spit, barf and crackle over this album; because is just for the melodymaniac guys (as myself )
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
14.04.2011 - 05:48
Rating: 3
farfaramir
Written by mikeprado30 on 08.04.2011 at 07:02

Excellent album! I never thought Tolkki came back to the roots of purest Melodic Metal, but HE GOT IT! That's the way he never should abandon. What came into his head when he compose the Stratovarius album and the 2 first RR albums? And also André Matos surprised me with so many high-pitched vocals. Undoubtedly one of the best albums of this year until now (I write as LOVER of the Melodic Metal, or Euro-Flower or whatever you call it ). I'm sure fans of the roughest, rawest, uncleanest, hardest, growlest and deathest metal won't hesitate to get away and/or piss, spit, barf and crackle over this album; because is just for the melodymaniac guys (as myself )

Eeeem... Im a "melodymaniac" and this album it's just predictible. You should excect something much better with names like those on it. It has good performances, yes, but besides of that there is not a single song I can recall right now...
14.04.2011 - 06:23
mikeprado30
Written by farfaramir on 14.04.2011 at 05:48

Written by mikeprado30 on 08.04.2011 at 07:02

Eeeem... Im a "melodymaniac" and this album it's just predictible. You should excect something much better with names like those on it. It has good performances, yes, but besides of that there is not a single song I can recall right now...

Everything is in the tastes of everyone. To yourself it could be predictable, but for me not, because Tolkki has become so unpredictable, as long as he could do a masterpiece (ejem, Destiny, ejem) he could do a piece of crap (ejem, Age of Aquarius, ejem).
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
15.04.2011 - 17:19
Rating: 6
Mountain King
K i K o
I don't like Andre Matos here! He used to be better. That's my only criticism to this album...
19.04.2011 - 09:30
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
I've only heard clips on their website and it's so predictable and stupid musically. Every song, every melody, every fill, everything was already written by the same guy in Stratovarius. I've heard NOTHING new. Can't understand why its average rating is 8...
19.04.2011 - 16:01
Akke920
Quote:
I agree on everything else that you say but give andre matos a chance, hear him stuff on angra old days, avantasia and AINA, he is that great that there was a time that iron maiden was considering him to replace bruce dickinson

He is great and he is one of my favourite power metal vocalists. BUT check your facts before you post them, Iron Maiden did not consider replacing Bruce Dickinson with André Matos, they had this ''contest'' thing and André Matos sent in a couple of recordings just to show his qualities and see how far he could make it in the contest.
21.04.2011 - 18:38
Angra
This is the best song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND1Wihd5dxw
23.04.2011 - 12:51
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 22.04.2011 at 10:19

Its fast, melodic and a return to form for me after years of disappointment. If you don't like it, then tough, I think you have missed the point. It is supposed to sound identical to Strato.

That's right. Tolkki, being a celebrated musician, decided, with the help of some of the biggest names in European Melodic Metal, that he would create a Stratovarius clone. The other band members were content as they always wanted to be in Stratovarius. The End.

25.04.2011 - 05:45
IDieForMetal
To say about this album, is a celestial album. This band has great power metal artists. I've heard and although their sound is quite similar to stratovarius, is a very good training.
19.05.2011 - 22:30
Savior
I'm getting tired of all these complaints about Tolkki that his songs are rip of or sounds too much Stratovarius... big deal... first people wish he does music more like Stratovarius, then starts to say that there sound too much like Stratovarius... try to decide. For me it this album is awesome... it's great that Tolkki returns to do something what he does best... if Stratovarius has changed it's style it is not his problem... And if people just listen one time or just a couple of minutes from every song, then they have just lost great experience... learn how to listen songs couple times trhough and then you can only say that it's crap! Not every great song open in just one listening time
02.08.2011 - 17:22
AXA
Good album but i dont like the vocalist voice normal voice ... this band need some awesome vocalist to be completely and amazing band ,,,

Hits total: 11866 | This month: 24