Metal Storm logo
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter

09.09.2006 - 19:27
Destryphior
This isn't a band presentend on metal storm, still I think there should be at least a forum topic discussing them... I think they are one of the wierder and original bands ever, playing a combination of different genres. Still they're one of my fav bands, Especially I like the album "All you need is love"
10.09.2006 - 14:11
Basso
Account deleted
They are fucking awesome. And I do agree All you need is love is an incredible album
10.09.2006 - 21:16
Destryphior
Wonder what drugs they're on... would like to see them live, I just wonder what songs they play live nowadays, if it's only songs from Samurai or if they play older tarcks too... Wish I would've been at Wacken this year...
11.09.2006 - 21:59
Basso
Account deleted
I was at wacken this year, but Emperor and theese guys played simoultaniously, so I watched emperor. But I heard they put up a good show of both new and old material.
12.12.2006 - 01:58
Allegro Barbaro...
It's one of the albums with better melody and forces? him exempt merit to All you need is love it's great too.

bye Reitermaniacs
21.01.2007 - 07:22
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Beautiful guitar melodies, upbeat at times, that collide and switch to speedy riffing, vocals that dare to defy the conventional of what you could expect of a band with this similar style (I have to admit that the vocals didn't click for me at first though) and that come to be varied by adding screams to the offering, dynamic use of keyboards that alter from making a modified use of organs in order to accompany the music but also having a main focus when changing to create melodies, and also they have nice drum work in the mix that keeps the music entertaining and which marks the tempo of the songs... pretty good stuff this band comes up with.
----
Christless
21.01.2007 - 12:16
Basso
Account deleted
@ Darth: They are indeed a great band! Couldnt have said it better myself.
21.01.2007 - 13:54
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Destryphior on 09.09.2006 at 19:27

This isn't a band presentend on metal storm, still I think there should be at least a forum topic discussing them... I think they are one of the wierder and original bands ever, playing a combination of different genres. Still they're one of my fav bands, Especially I like the album "All you need is love"

They are actually on MS. They can be found here

Have only heard one track by them and I can't remember the name of it, but I remember that I found it quite good
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.01.2007 - 17:08
Destryphior
Well actually back then when the post was written it wasn't presented, but thanx for informing me 'bout the update wasn't aware of it yet...
26.01.2007 - 12:40
Larsson!
Account deleted
I have only heard one song from this band, and it is really weird! but it is good as well, listened to it a lot a while ago. I tried to get hold of more songs from them but couldn't find any :/
12.02.2007 - 06:03
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by [user id=5394] on 21.01.2007 at 12:16

Perhaps you could by adding curse words and by blaspheming.
----
Christless
12.02.2007 - 16:32
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Darth Satanious on 12.02.2007 at 06:03

Well then I will grimly excuse myself as I rape the holy mother maria and the vomit son of "god" from behind...
16.02.2007 - 14:59
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by [user id=5394] on 12.02.2007 at 16:32

Written by Darth Satanious on 12.02.2007 at 06:03

Well then I will grimly excuse myself as I rape the holy mother maria and the vomit son of "god" from behind...

First Virgin Mary is victim of the Divine Sodomy and now you want to rape her? hahah, poor woman. We better stop here before our heads get to roll as if we were kings of France.
----
Christless
16.02.2007 - 15:24
APOHAKC
The Bard
Great band, I like the new album a lot
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
16.02.2007 - 16:54
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Yeah, the best has to be their cover of "Dschingis Khan". They sound like pure fucking Folk black in that song.
24.02.2007 - 13:40
Falcon
awesome band, never boring
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
25.02.2007 - 14:06
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Putrid_Cadaver - I didn't hear that song, I will try to find it
----
03.05.2007 - 07:22
Dschingis! motherfucking! Khan!!!:banger2:
it's a great cover, like Ghostriders in the sky... this songs are greats covers.
cherrz
03.05.2007 - 15:09
APOHAKC
The Bard
All of their albums have great covers, but music is one that counts
Just joking, I like this band too
----
05.05.2007 - 13:16
AntaeusM
Elite
I am going to see them live upcoming Friday. I have heard one of their albums a week ago, and I think they are okay. However, probably I will listen to them again a few times after seeing them live, but forget about them after that. They never really impressed me that much with their music.
01.11.2007 - 15:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A trailer from "Live In Moscow - Upcoming DVD 2008" is available at this location. Enjoy.
01.11.2007 - 22:12
Baz Anderson
Staff
the new DVD isn't "Live In Moscow" - it will have the show from that show as well as the Wacken show they played a few of months ago

I am SOOOO looking forward to seeing it, Die Reiter were pretty much one of my top highlights of the festival
06.11.2007 - 23:06
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
That's what it says at the end of the trailer. Live @ Russia, live @ Wacken and - what I'm mostly looking forward to - live @ Party.San where they played material exclusively from their first three albums
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
13.12.2007 - 12:24
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Trailer of the upcoming DVD "Tobsucht" (Release date 01.02.2008) is now online at this location.

The DVD will feature complete shows on Wacken and Party.San Open Airs 2007, Roadmovie Russia/Ukraine-Tour 2007, exclusive Backstage documentation with band interviews. Limited edition will be released in luxury book-box and included 2 bonus Live-CDs with the complete Reiters shows at Wacken and Party.San.

I can't wait to get it on my hands

Also there will be exclusive cinema previews of the DVD in the following German cities (in cooperation with UCI cinemas):

Jan. 21 - Leipzig (UCI Kinowelt) Nova Eventis
Jan. 23 - Berlin (UCI Kinowelt) Colosseum
Jan. 24 - Hamburg (UCI Kinowelt) Mundsburg
Jan. 28 - Bochum (UCI Kinowelt) Ruhrpark
Jan. 30 - Kaiserslautern (UCI Kinowelt) Centrum
19.01.2008 - 16:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
there are two tracks on their myspace from the DVD here:

http://www.myspace.com/reitermania

"We Will Never Die" from Wacken, and "V.A.D.E.R." from Party.San

they both sound amazing.. big contrast between the songs as well being from the first and last albums. hahaha.. wow, it is so weird to think though - that I was actually there watching them do the one at Wacken (pictures )
I can't wait for the DVD!
17.02.2008 - 22:16
Gegers
Account deleted
I've been a fan of this band since their 2003's Have a nice trip, which is still in my opinion their best album (Ride on, Terra Nola, Baila Conmigo, the cover of Master of the wind..., each song on that album is perfect!). Samurai is also really great, but Riders on the storm disappointed me a little bit, as there are some bad songs on it (like Himmelskind). I've tried their old albums, like Allegro Barbaro, but they're too violent for me, I think only their albums from Have a nice triop onwards are worth buying for people who like great and varied folk/heavy/metal.
19.02.2008 - 04:00
iaberis
Advice Troll
They're a pretty cool band. I like their mix of folk in their music. I'd like to see them live one day too.
----
Bitch! Please
20.02.2008 - 01:15
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by iaberis on 19.02.2008 at 04:00

They're a pretty cool band. I like their mix of folk in their music. I'd like to see them live one day too.

If you can try their DVD for waiting. The content is brillant. I bought the strictly Limited Edition DVD-Digibook (DVD + 2CD), if you're a Reitermania addict, it's the perfect object .
20.02.2008 - 01:18
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by White Winter Sun on 20.02.2008 at 01:15

If you can try their DVD for waiting. The content is brillant. I bought the strictly Limited Edition DVD-Digibook (DVD + 2CD), if you're a Reitermania addict, it's the perfect object .

I'll give it a try then...
----
Bitch! Please
20.02.2008 - 02:12
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by [user id=30414] on 17.02.2008 at 22:16

Samurai is also really great, but Riders on the storm disappointed me a little bit, as there are some bad songs on it (like Himmelskind).

For me it was rather the other way round. Always associated them with bands like InEx and Subway To Sally, so didn't feel the need to check them out. One day I saw Samurai in a record store, gave it a try and didn't like it. Two years later a friend introduced me to Riders on the Storm and I was entangled from front to start! In particular "Friede sei mit dir", the title track, "Der Adler" and "Himmelskind" are awesome, the latter having great lyrics, a nice epic feeling during the chorus and an awesome eruption towards the end.

Afterwards I tried getting into their older stuff and got totally stuck on All You Need Is Love, which IMHO is their very best album. Tracks like "Geopfert" and "Die Schönheit der Sklaverei" are good friendly violent fun with the piano setting em apart from the rest of the extreme metal flock. "Rausch" with its didgeridoo buildup is awesome as well and "Reitermania" is pretty much the epitome of what the Reiters are about.

Btw, if anyone misses the good ol' days of pre-2000 Reiters, the second vocalist of those days Skelleton has a band called Disaster KFW which plays death metal pretty much in the vein of the first two Reiter albums. Reiter frontman Fuchs was part of the band up to 1995 as well and Dr. Pest still occasionally plays keyboards for them. Check it out: http://www.myspace.com/disasterkfw
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26