Metal Storm logo
Best "so bad they're good" films?

10.08.2014 - 03:06
Ruchesko
If any bad film connoisseurs have yet to see The Dead Pool (AKA Dirty Harry 5), do.

You will be treated to such delights as Clint Eastwood in a high-speed chase with a remote control car, a cockney Liam Neeson, and Jim Carrey as a washed-up glam rocker miming to Guns N' Roses (see below).

12.08.2014 - 11:40
raveneffect
A mockumentary by the name of Kayfabe.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104079/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

worth checking out
12.08.2014 - 14:11
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Ruchesko on 10.08.2014 at 03:06

If any bad film connoisseurs have yet to see The Dead Pool (AKA Dirty Harry 5), do.

You will be treated to such delights as Clint Eastwood in a high-speed chase with a remote control car, a cockney Liam Neeson, and Jim Carrey as a washed-up glam rocker miming to Guns N' Roses (see below).

oh fuck yeah! i love this one!
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
12.08.2014 - 14:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
This reminds me, I still need to watch The Room.
12.08.2014 - 15:12
Ilham
Giant robot
Haha. You're in for a treat.
12.08.2014 - 18:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
If you like so bad they are good movies, RedLetterMedia pits trios of awful movies against one another on their "Best of the Worst" series. some absolute gems in there, and some absolute garbage.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.08.2014 - 22:12
no one
Account deleted
Basically all Troma films
12.08.2014 - 23:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Anything distributed by The Asylum or Arrowstorm Entertainment, off the top of my head.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.08.2014 - 03:39
Ruchesko
A little-seen treasure from the Orient: Executive Koala.

13.08.2014 - 03:51
Slayer666
Needs moar Troll 2 (sorry if everyone knows about it already):

13.08.2014 - 04:33
no one
Account deleted
Yeah trolls a good one

peter jacksons done some good ones too before he lost the plot and done lord of the rings
brain dead and bad taste

13.08.2014 - 05:23
MetalDoomMaster
Tokyo Gore Police, gonna have to second the vote on any Troma movie as well.
13.08.2014 - 05:23
MetalDoomMaster
Written by [user id=136611] on 13.08.2014 at 04:33

Yeah trolls a good one

peter jacksons done some good ones too before he lost the plot and done lord of the rings
brain dead and bad taste

Both of those movies are excellent.
13.08.2014 - 07:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Brain Dead (aka Dead Alive) is undoubtedly the best movie ever made. Anyone who tells me otherwise is dead to me.

Also this:
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.08.2014 - 08:43
MetalDoomMaster
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.08.2014 at 07:33

Rubber

Watching Rubber was the most Bipolar I have ever felt. I watched it two years ago and I still don't know whether I loved it or hated it. I do know that it was probably brilliant though
13.08.2014 - 17:19
TrollandDie
Honestly if someone gave me a tv guide and I randomly picked something off the Sci-Fi (sorry Syfy) channel, it would be my answer.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
13.08.2014 - 18:08
Ilham
Giant robot
Anything by Quentin Dupieux (aka Mr Oizo), the guy behind Rubber, is either considered extremely bad or genius or both.
13.08.2014 - 18:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Slayer666 on 13.08.2014 at 03:51

Needs moar Troll 2 (sorry if everyone knows about it already):

RedLetterMedia, who I linked above, also do another segment called "Half in the Bag" where they review current movies. Earlier episodes mixed in some bad movies - enough so that it gave rise to Best of the Worst.

They did one on Troll 2, along with Best Worst Movie, the documentary made bout the cult of Troll 2.

Other crap movies reviewed in the original show format:

Black Ninja
Zaat
Samurai Cop
Galaxy Invader - their review was very early in the format, but they showed it in it's entirety during their annual streamfest... great flick.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.08.2014 - 18:12
Jiri
Garbage Pail Kids. All the way.
13.08.2014 - 20:52
Zap
Written by Ruchesko on 10.08.2014 at 03:06

That sounds like the best movie ever...
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 13.08.2014 at 08:43

Watching Rubber was the most Bipolar I have ever felt. I watched it two years ago and I still don't know whether I loved it or hated it. I do know that it was probably brilliant though

Completely agreed.
13.08.2014 - 21:13
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.08.2014 at 07:33

Brain Dead (aka Dead Alive) is undoubtedly the best movie ever made. Anyone who tells me otherwise is dead to me.

Yes, yes and yes!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
15.08.2014 - 12:07
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
How about Guitar Wolf: Wild Zero and Strippers Vs Werewolves?
And while I wouldn't call it a bad film, I recommend watching (if you can find it) Hercules Returns.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
15.08.2014 - 19:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Good-bad Hercules movies? This is where it's at.
----
02.09.2014 - 04:30
Desert Father
I'm a MST3K and Rifftrax fan, so these kinds of movies are my favourite...

This is the Holy Trinity: The Room, Birdemic, Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny

Honourable mentions to Plan 9 From Outer Space, The Guy From Harlem and the Twilight films.
----
"Truly, my child, if I were allowed to see my sins, three or four men would not be enough to weep
for them." - Abba Dioscorus
13.11.2014 - 13:21
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by deadone on 11.08.2014 at 06:34

The Dead Pool wasn't that bad...

My vote goes for "Plan 9 From Out Of Space." Beyond shit with the worst special effects in human history and no sense of continuity. So shit it's good:

Dude, I came here to mention this freaking film! This film is one of my favorite films, I have watched it like three times and that is a lot considering the time I can put up for re-watching stuff.

I love everything about it: the garbage poetry, the bloopers, the effeminate alien antagonist, the fucking wooden tables inside the fucking spaceship lol, the bad acting, the fucking police officer scratching his head with the end of a revolver, and Bela Lugosi's cut repeated over and over again each time he comes out of his tomb, he comes out the same fucking way over and over again. XD

I am a frustrated director and one of my hopeless dreams is to buy the rights to this film and make a sequel: Plan 10 from out of Space, and make the film by hiring random people out of the streets and putting them to act. XD It's gotta be shitty.
----
Christless
27.11.2014 - 04:18
JayMo4

I only wish I could find a link to the fight scene, but this two minute clip is more than enough to give you an idea of what you can expect from Cool As Ice.
27.03.2015 - 22:49
ADIresiduos
Sharknado, Killer Tomatoes, Troma films, several japanese gore/splatter films with very long and silly titles liek "big titted zombie chainsaw girls"...... ....... Boa vs Python, Sharktopous, classic Godzilla movies... well, almost all Godzilla movies. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Godzilla fan since the 70's, but we cannot deny that those movies have some shitty special effects, but lots of people like me like them nevertheless. I said "almost all" because the giant Iguana Godzilla from this century had a more serious appeal to it (didn't like that nor the giant Iguana), same as the newest Godzilla movie. I liked this new version only because the monster did look a lot like the original Godzilla, but this monster was never meant to be taken seriously, it was meant to be funny, awkward..... and portrayed by a guy wearing a monster suit.......

In Mexico, almost all the movies from El Santo; he was (in the 70's, 80's) a real life professional mexican masked wrestler and was number one and hugely popular, even to this day (almost any kid in Mexico will know who El Santo was). The special effects were very, very low budget and badly performed, but that was the movie's trademark I guess and what made him even more popular. But back in the day he was the shit!
02.07.2015 - 16:27
Belegûr
Arise In Might!
"The Room". I've never had a more fun experience watching a bad film than watching The Room with people who have never seen it. It's an absolutely shockingly bad film, but watching it with friends just makes it hilarious.
10.12.2015 - 12:48
Geist
Posted about this flick in the 'Recently Watched'. "Hands of Steel" is one I caught a couple of months back. Recommended for anyone into 80's Cyborg/Sci-Fi cheese.
10.12.2015 - 12:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Geist on 10.12.2015 at 12:48

Posted about this flick in the 'Recently Watched'. "Hands of Steel" is one I caught a couple of months back. Recommended for anyone into 80's Cyborg/Sci-Fi cheese.

Never heard of it, but damn, the guy in it should be hired to play Solid Snake in a Metal Gear Solid film.