Metal Storm logo
Classical Music

22.05.2006 - 02:56
Icewings
La Luna
Well as you might know , I love and respect music to the fullest ... I think that classical music is one of the most important types of music , thanks to them many forms and kind of notation develope , and well the influences even in modern music are clear ..I think classical music is amazing .. and well I love the all from early early classical music to modern , I think there's great composer :Mozart,Vivaldi,debussy,Monteveri in others ...

So let's discuss your opinions on classical music ..
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
22.05.2006 - 04:17
LethargyMan
Indeed. Classical music is very involved for the listener - so many layers acting together, with the greatest compositions never sounding the same with every listen.

Also, Classical music is rather cheap to purchase.

While I don't listen to Classical as often as I ought to, I do manage to listen to some in my car's CD player every now and then. My favourite composers are Tchaikovsy, Rachmaninoff, Stravinski, Sousa, and Holst.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
22.05.2006 - 05:31
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Hi my dear, excellent thread, I think that if you like a great variety of music, but good music, then you should appreciate classical music, it's just amazing, it's the most tallented music, it inspires so many things to me... , every note is placed in their correct place, well, I just love this music, although I don't listen to it so often, and I agree with you in the fact that this music has influenced in many kinds of music, even modern
My favorite composers are Mozart, Vivaldi, Chopin, Albinoni
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
22.05.2006 - 20:54
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I listen to classical music quite often. It´s a great way to relax and also when I´m reading for exams classical music helps me concentrate. When I was little, my father used to put some classical music to the record player instead of reading a tale for me. It helped me to get sleep. My favourite composers are Mozart, Beethoven, Sibelius and Albinoni.
----
You'll never walk alone.
22.05.2006 - 23:08
Lupas
Maximus
Yeah i agree that classical music helps you to relax. It is a type of music that never dies , it's "eternum".
My best composers are Bach , Mozart and Beethoven
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
23.05.2006 - 14:27
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
Emmm I love Vivaldi.
Bach "Air on G" is amazing if you takle the right performing.
And like a few more ongs by Bach.

Mozart and Beethoven are pretty kitchy and nice 2.
I have a great CD at home, all but that i dont really know Classical Music :S
23.05.2006 - 19:15
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I have huge collection of classical music (over 200 cd's) masterpieces,collections,operas,chamber music and such.
I listen these classics quite regularly

I played classical guitar 14 years it was mind wrecking

My favs are:Tchaikovsky
Beethoven
Liszt
Sibelius - of cource
Borodin
Mozart

and list goes on ...
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
26.05.2006 - 07:39
Icewings
La Luna
Hey guys ..thanks for the comments ..so yeah I must say that in order to appreacite other styles of music one must apreciate all the roots of it ; Music had been a live forever ... in the beggining it was used more like a way of comunication but then it develope and I just think is amazing to see that in those times composers so amazing were alive and compose so many beautiful things ... you know whenI was young I used to think well as years passed then music will be better and better but I was wrong , I mean today music is awesome but I don't think is anything compare as classical where they use not computer /machine to make their music better ... it was pure music and it is amazing to see composers like Beethoven ....

Great Composers and music all of you have mention ....
----

26.05.2006 - 17:08
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
im dying to go see the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, it is one of the top orchestras in the world, and considered the best in Asia.

Never seen live Classical musc.

has any body seen any Classic music live?
28.05.2006 - 04:20
Icewings
La Luna
Written by [user id=5321] on 26.05.2006 at 17:08

im dying to go see the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, it is one of the top orchestras in the world, and considered the best in Asia.

Yes I have , and I must tell you is amazing , is an experience you will nevr forget and ahh it's like ahh god is difficult to describe and even that you are sitting down and there's some people in front that's if you are nto able to buy the expensive tickets , but just the loud violins and the conductor ..ohh I hope you can make it ....

Something nice I found here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzeQxU9jIUQ&search=vivaldi

So even Laiho plays Vivaldi .. see what you think ...
----

28.05.2006 - 08:07
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
Written by Icewings on 28.05.2006 at 04:20

Written by [user id=5321] on 26.05.2006 at 17:08

Yes I have , and I must tell you is amazing , is an experience you will nevr forget and ahh it's like ahh god is difficult to describe and even that you are sitting down and there's some people in front that's if you are nto able to buy the expensive tickets , but just the loud violins and the conductor ..ohh I hope you can make it ....

Something nice I found here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzeQxU9jIUQ&search=vivaldi

So even Laiho plays Vivaldi .. see what you think ...

lol now I even more wnat to go...
--
Summer Presto
28.05.2006 - 08:08
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
About a classical music concert: In the city where I live there are not many cultural events What a pity!
Once I went with my father to a classical guitar music concert, It was just great, everything was great, but I've never been in a concert with conductor and lots of musicians.

About this page, it's great that even extreme metal musicians like the most talented music which is the inspiration of many kinds of music, I'm really surprised that even in extreme metal classical music is important!
----

Sensorium - Epica
29.05.2006 - 08:41
Ridden Disease
Account deleted
If talking about Classical music already...

CAn somebody bring up Good conductors?

Im start with Karajan, the most famous probably. I love his work.
01.06.2006 - 05:19
Icewings
La Luna
@The alchemist : Well my dear it is great , and I'm sure one day we'll go to any concert classical music or Opera .I also like guitar concerts I love them classical guitar is beautiful , so is not that bad don't worry ...and yes about what you said of other artist I agree with you ....

@Ridden Disease : Indeed this guy is great ,well about other conductors , I really enjoy Mohammadreza Amirghasemi he is from Iran or somewhere around and I think he is just great ...I like the way he conducts and well he has study music for a long time ...anyways I hope to see more conductors and show you more ...

Thanks
----

01.06.2006 - 06:27
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Icewings: It'd be really great, sure it'll happen
About the classical guitar: yes, it's awesome, the music is really beautiful, when the concert which I went was finish, I just felt so good, full of culture...
But anything equals a concert with conductor and around 60 musicians
----

Sensorium - Epica
01.06.2006 - 08:33
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I have alot of respect for classical music, though i dont actually listen to it on a regular basis, its easy to see the influence on many modern metal bands.
01.06.2006 - 18:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I listen this music in intrenet radis, tv and ... but I dont by CD's I listen it sfter hard exame, hard day, or when Im mentaly tired to listen metal, or after heavy drinking when, you know it helps relaxe and its great, I dont hawe any fav composers, I lsitan all, I dont care what composer it is, I only enjoy it

P.S. BTW soem metal bands use clasical msuic elements
Therion, Asma Deava, The Summoring........................
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.06.2006 - 06:44
Icewings
La Luna
The Alchemist: yEAH I understand you ..and it must have been great ... I know the feeling after a concert .. so well like I said one day we will go so you can see all the 60+ musicians and the conductor ...

@\Frost/bitten: Well maybe you should try more , there's wonderful pieces , and yes it has so so so much influences in not only metal but a lot of types of music ....

@Kariasakis7: well is good that you listen to it , it opens your mind more to music , which is good .... even that you don't buy cd's I admire the you listen to it with what you can ..

and yes not only those bands but since I study music , there's times sit down and listen to so many bands that have so many classical music elements , it's amazing , I always speak with my teachers about this ..and it's great ...

Thanks guys
----

02.06.2006 - 16:31
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Icewings I think the guys on that video aren´t Laiho and Latvala from COB... But Laiho has played violin, when he was something like 5 years old. And also Tuomas Holopainen from Nightwish started with clarinet.

Many metal bands get their inspiration partly from classical music. And for example Apocalyptica is a great combination of classical and metal music.
----
You'll never walk alone.
03.06.2006 - 07:42
Icewings
La Luna
Written by Ernotar on 02.06.2006 at 16:31

@ Icewings I think the guys on that video aren´t Laiho and Latvala from COB... But Laiho has played violin, when he was something like 5 years old. And also Tuomas Holopainen from Nightwish started with clarinet.

Many metal bands get their inspiration partly from classical music. And for example Apocalyptica is a great combination of classical and metal music.

Well my dear , I really thought it was Laiho , and at first I didn't pay attention that is doesn't look like them but I see again and maybe you are right , I don't know but it's a good cover I like it a lot and yeah They started with the classical influence just like Tilo ..who more than Tilo from Lacrimosa , you can see the influence all over it ....

and about Apocalytica ..great combination , I always dream of music like that ..they are great ....I love those combinations ..well my dear thanks for the comment
----

03.06.2006 - 20:28
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Another band which has a great classical music influence is Epica, specially in "Consign To Obvilon" album, in songs like Trois Vierges, Solitary Ground, The Last Crusade and Quietus
----

Sensorium - Epica
14.06.2006 - 14:46
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
I was once into the habit of listening to classical music on the internet raido, however they never announced the name of the song/composer so found it frustrating when i found a song i liked.

Now i just listen to an assortment of songs that i actually DO know who they are by
15.06.2006 - 00:47
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I am a composer and pianist myself, and I know quite a bit about Classical music.

Did you hear about György Ligeti's death? He passed away last Monday in Vienna. Ligeti is one of the most important contemporary Classical composers, and his works will be remembered throughout the centuries together with other geniuses like Toru Takemitsu, Olivier Messiaen or Luciano Berio. Rest in peace
15.06.2006 - 20:45
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Ligeti?. Same guy who composed that brilliant monolith music to the Stanley Kubrick's movie 2001 Space odyssey?
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
15.06.2006 - 21:48
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by heresiarch on 15.06.2006 at 20:45

Ligeti?. Same guy who composed that brilliant monolith music to the Stanley Kubrick's movie 2001 Space odyssey?

The same. Inventor of micropolyphony, developer of Béla Bartók's school and composer of all-time classic soundtracks like "2001 Space Odyssey" or "Eyes Wide Shut". RIP.
17.06.2006 - 09:52
Icewings
La Luna
@The Alchemist :Ohh yes my dear a lot a lot of influence ...my teacher and I we were listening to Rhapsody and there is so much influence is amazing ....heheheh I got my opera teacher to listen to Lacrimosa, Therion,Rhapsody and she liked it ...

@ Ba'al Peor: OOhhh yes my dear I know ...that happened to me but but with the Jazz or experimental music , but well I like what you are doing now , so you can see what songs is it that you like ...

@ Taktsekte :How cool , I really admire that my friend , well yes if you study any indtruments you have to know a little of classical music and well is good to know some roots and all of that and about Ligeti , well he was great rest in peace ..

@heresiarch: He was great !
----

17.06.2006 - 18:23
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Icewings: yes, how could i forgot Rhapsody, Therion and Lacrimosa of course!

I've heard someone saying that Mozart and Beethoven were the metalheads of classical music because they make some dark music, similary to metal and maybe if electric guitar had existed at that time, metal would exist since long time ago, what do you think?
----

Sensorium - Epica
17.06.2006 - 21:56
marinBG
Respect
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
20.06.2006 - 04:59
Icewings
La Luna
@The alchemist : Ohh dear don't worry there is so many music to see that has been influence by classical that I'm sure we weill stay the whole night ...but anyways ...just to mention a few ...

about the other thing , jejejej this sounds cool , but well yeah they had dark stuff , but there were other composers even in the romantic era and they had even more darker stuff ...so well a lot of them had a life that today they don't show but yeah maybe ...and well about the guitars and metal probably , but we also have to see the periods of time which has a lot of influence on the music ..anyways my dear i HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON ....

@ marinBG: Oh yeah it deserves more than respect but a lot of admiration .....
----

22.06.2006 - 19:29
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Icewings on 20.06.2006 at 04:59

@The alchemist : Ohh dear don't worry there is so many music to see that has been influence by classical that I'm sure we weill stay the whole night ...but anyways ...just to mention a few ...

about the other thing , jejejej this sounds cool , but well yeah they had dark stuff , but there were other composers even in the romantic era and they had even more darker stuff ...so well a lot of them had a life that today they don't show but yeah maybe ...and well about the guitars and metal probably , but we also have to see the periods of time which has a lot of influence on the music ..anyways my dear i HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON ....

Ok, thanks my dear, but well, what period had dark stuff exactely? I'd like to know this dark stuff which could inspire many modern music. Hope to see you soon
----

Sensorium - Epica