Metal Storm logo
Leaves' Eyes - Liv Kristine Out, New Singer Announced

Leaves' Eyes just announced that Norwegian singer and founding member Liv Kristine is not part of the band anymore. This is a major change as she was always the frontwoman and a songwriter of the band. She is being replaced by Elina Siirala, a Finnish vocalist living in London. They have announced her as their new singer without much explaining about why they part ways with Liv Kristine.

The band said: "Liv was the female voice of the band since the beginning in 2003. Together we toured through 50 countries and 5 continents, moreover we recorded 6 studio albums with outstanding singer Liv. We are full of pride in what we have reached together! From the bottom of our hearts we want to thank Liv for amazing 13 years of being our front lady, the work we have done together and all the passion for music that we shared all these years! We wish Liv all the best for the future, her solo career and other projects! Liv will always be an important part of the Leaves' Eyes history but now we are looking forward to a new chapter and the new musical adventures of Leaves' Eyes!"

Liv Kristine commented briefly: "I am highly proud of having been founding member and front lady of Leaves' Eyes, which has played a vital role in my life since 2003. Good luck guys, thank you for the amazing music, outstanding moments with our worldwide audiences, moreover, the passion we all share. Love, Liv."

Liv added on her personal Facebook page: "It's with sadness I see the latest news reaching you. That this chapter in my life would have to end so soon was not my intention. Life must go on. For all of us. I wish Leaves' Eyes with their decisions and plans all the best for the future. I will keep you posted with good news soon!"

Elina Siirala comments: "I can't quite express how grateful and honored I am for being asked to join Leaves' Eyes, one of the most iconic bands in symphonic metal! I have the utmost respect for Liv and the band and what they've achieved over the years! I take on this challenge with a huge excitement and look forward to the new chapter in my career. It's truly thrilling to be working with such talented musicians who also are some of the nicest people I've met. My biggest passion is to make music and perform, so right now I can't wait to see what the future will bring!"

Leaves' Eyes will be touring around the globe with the new singer Elina Siirala. The live world premiere will be in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Moreover, there will be an Earbook tour edition of their latest album King Of Kings released in June, including a new version and video clip of "Edge of Steel" featuring new singer Elina.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leaves' Eyes
Posted: 16.04.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 56   Visited by: 286 users
16.04.2016 - 20:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
It does not make sense, how founding member can leave? she can fire rest of band, but then where Alex goes, he needs re start Atrocity... maybe soon rigs will be taken of, to me weird when wife leaves band and husband is there.

I wanna know more and details, where are goddamn paparazzi when we need those?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.04.2016 - 21:17
Kais
The hell? This makes no sense whatsoever...
Guess it's another symphonic band to the grave. Sad.

EDIT:
Written by Bad English on 16.04.2016 at 20:47
...where are goddamn paparazzi when we need those?

Yeah, well, paparazzis don't review metal artists unless they're an old overrated band (e.g. Metallica, Megadeth, Deep Purple etc), or a pop boy band that attempts to be metal (e.g. Bullet For My Valentine, Asking Alexandria etc). This is actually a good thing, what metal artist (or any other normal humanbeing) today wants to be followed around and have pictures himself in private enviorments spread across the network?
16.04.2016 - 21:45
Lord_Regnier
Strange. Even the band's name was related to her.

I've always thought she was a beautiful woman but I never liked her voice, to be honest. Don't know how she is in life but she looked cool in her videos.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
16.04.2016 - 22:02
WorpeX
Made of Metal
What the hell? That was a move I never thought i'd see. Wont be the same band without Liv.... are they going through a divorce or something? Strange since Alexander is still in the band. Kind of interested how they will sound with her out.
16.04.2016 - 22:18
YourRequiem
Riparoonie.
16.04.2016 - 22:30
Polaria
Wait, what???
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
16.04.2016 - 22:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kais on 16.04.2016 at 21:17

The hell? This makes no sense whatsoever...
Guess it's another symphonic band to the grave. Sad.

EDIT:
Written by Bad English on 16.04.2016 at 20:47
...where are goddamn paparazzi when we need those?

Yeah, well, paparazzis don't review metal artists unless they're an old overrated band (e.g. Metallica, Megadeth, Deep Purple etc), or a pop boy band that attempts to be metal (e.g. Bullet For My Valentine, Asking Alexandria etc). This is actually a good thing, what metal artist (or any other normal humanbeing) today wants to be followed around and have pictures himself in private enviorments spread across the network?

well she still looks good, in that case they might
----

16.04.2016 - 22:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.04.2016 at 21:45

Strange. Even the band's name was related to her.

Liv - band name is a bit of English pronunciation of her 1th name
----

16.04.2016 - 22:56
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Liv is invaluable to this band. Who in their right mind would think this is a good idea?

Unless it was her decision, of course, which doesn't seem like it from what she said and all the secrecy. If it was a personal decision, they could have just said so.

Now, excuse me while I listen to Lovelorn, my favourite Leaves' Eyes album. Liv shines btw.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.04.2016 - 23:04
Polaria
Hypothesis 1:
Alexander and Liv are getting divorced.

Hypothesis 2:
Theatre of Tragedy is getting rebooted (remember Raymond was a guest on Liv's last solo tour) and Liv got an ultimatum from the Leaves' Eyes guys.

Either way it is dishonest to 1) announce that news so casually while peeps have already bought tickets for the upcoming tour and 2) keep the band's name. The fans won't probably forgive that kind of deception, even if Elina proves to be a suitable replacement.
----
16.04.2016 - 23:05
Ismarmlp
What!!!! Noooo!!! :'(
16.04.2016 - 23:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Polaria on 16.04.2016 at 23:04

Hypothesis 1:

Hypothesis 2:
Theatre of Tragedy is getting rebooted (remember Raymond was a guest on Liv's last solo tour) and Liv got an ultimatum from the Leaves' Eyes guys.

Either way it is dishonest to 1) announce that news so casually while peeps have already bought tickets for the upcoming tour and 2) keep the band's name. The fans won't probably forgive that kind of deception, even if Elina proves to be a suitable replacement.

1 I told it 1th , and also commented Ana knows what I said when submied

Nr 2 I did not thought about it , and more sense would be hiatus, or broke up

I believe they will broke up
----

16.04.2016 - 23:25
The Evergreen
It is also possible that Liv just didn't want to do as much as the rest of the band. She has a kid, after all, and I could totally understand wanting more family time. I know I don't see my family enough and I'm just some working man. The fact that they already had a singer lined up kind of points to some planning for this that goes back a long time. Who knows.

I wish all concerned the best. I love Liv's voice and I love Leaves' Eyes.
16.04.2016 - 23:30
HyperDrifter
No disrespect to Elina, but I just can't imagine Leaves Eyes without Liv Kristine....
16.04.2016 - 23:34
Polaria
Written by Bad English on 16.04.2016 at 23:16

Hypothesis 1:

Hypothesis 2:

Do you mean that you think Leaves' Eyes is contractually tied to do the tour, so they had to find another singer then they would disband or going on hiatus after the tour?
----
16.04.2016 - 23:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Polaria on 16.04.2016 at 23:34

Written by Bad English on 16.04.2016 at 23:16

Hypothesis 1:

Hypothesis 2:

Do you mean that you think Leaves' Eyes is contractually tied to do the tour, so they had to find another singer then they would disband or going on hiatus after the tour?

She can fire whole band and even start law suit if band use such name
----

16.04.2016 - 23:45
Polaria
Written by Bad English on 16.04.2016 at 23:40

Written by Polaria on 16.04.2016 at 23:34

She can fire whole band and even start law suit if band use such name

I would assume this depends on any contract concluded between her and the band. It seems that she cannot prevent the tour from happening nor force a change of name.
----
17.04.2016 - 00:12
Lord_Regnier
Was Liv Kristine the only founding member left or is there still a founding member in the band?

If there is still a founding member in the band, it's possible that she could leave or be fired and the band could continue without her (though they might have to pay her a compensation). However, if she was the only founding member left, then the rights on the name should belong to her (unless she agreed to renounce to it).
----
17.04.2016 - 00:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lord_Regnier on 17.04.2016 at 00:12

Was Liv Kristine the only founding member left or is there still a founding member in the band?

If there is still a founding member in the band, it's possible that she could leave or be fired and the band could continue without her (though they might have to pay her a compensation). However, if she was the only founding member left, then the rights on the name should belong to her (unless she agreed to renounce to it).

I think she is only one, rest of guys is just atrocity, she asked husband fix that probably
Those 2 bands tour together and play together
Band was formed in 2003... other what jopined 2003 left long ago, so she and Alex and Thorsten Bauer and he is in Atrocity since 1992
----

17.04.2016 - 00:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

There are bands around without any founding members in them. First one that springs to mind is Asphyx.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.04.2016 - 01:28
Lord_Regnier
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.04.2016 at 00:51

There are bands around without any founding members in them. First one that springs to mind is Asphyx.

I know. But I believe in this case, if she was the only founding member left and there is a dispute about the rights, chances are she would win the case probably.
----
17.04.2016 - 02:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lord_Regnier on 17.04.2016 at 01:28

I know. But I believe in this case, if she was the only founding member left and there is a dispute about the rights, chances are she would win the case probably.

If there are, indeed, disputes over the name she should win it, I would say. But never underestimate judges

IN the case of Asphyx there was no dispute whasoever when Bob Bagchus as last remaining founding member left the band. But I still find it weird, especially since I saw the original founding formation all the way back performing live (so with Theo Loomans on vocals), that this band is still called Aspphyx.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.04.2016 - 02:31
Lord_Regnier
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.04.2016 at 02:10

IN the case of Asphyx there was no dispute whasoever when Bob Bagchus as last remaining founding member left the band. But I still find it weird, especially since I saw the original founding formation all the way back performing live (so with Theo Loomans on vocals), that this band is still called Aspphyx.

When there is no founding member left in a band, it's usually because the last founding member left on his own (and was not kicked out, which would most likely end up in a dispute) or died. But yeah, it's weird to see a band with no founding member left or at least no long-time member still in the band.

In the case you mention, I think there was no money to make with the band, so it probably helped. I don't think a band like Asphyx has ever been a moneymaker.
So, no dispute ensued. When it is a popular band, with lots of money in the balance, things get quickly much more complicated, surprisingly.
----
17.04.2016 - 04:17
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.04.2016 at 00:51

Stratovarius and Holy Moses are another 2.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.04.2016 - 04:19
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by BloodTears on 16.04.2016 at 22:56

Liv is invaluable to this band. Who in their right mind would think this is a good idea?

Unless it was her decision, of course, which doesn't seem like it from what she said and all the secrecy. If it was a personal decision, they could have just said so.

Could be personal reasons they want to keep private, too.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.04.2016 - 05:26
Polaria
Written by M C Vice on 17.04.2016 at 04:19

Seeing how things are developing on Facebook, that will not stay private for long...
----
17.04.2016 - 05:46
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Lol, awesome. Just on f*cking time for me to get to see them this autumn with Sonata Arctica... sigh.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
17.04.2016 - 07:00
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Written by YourRequiem on 16.04.2016 at 22:18

Riparoonie.

I thought I was the only person in the world who used that term.

Between that and your favorite bands list, we might be long lost brothers
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
17.04.2016 - 10:55
Polaria
Some comfort here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvZ8llmVMSQ
----
17.04.2016 - 12:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by M C Vice on 17.04.2016 at 04:19

I would understand that. They could just say it was "for personal reasons" like so many bands do and don't disclose them. Here, they didn't even address it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 7082 | This month: 3