Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall

10.08.2007 - 00:27
Infurnace
I'm pretty amazed, because there wasn't any thread about Hammerfall before this one. Anyways, Hammerfall is a Power Metal band from Sweden. They have released quite some albums now and they will release a new compilation cd, this year. I re-discovered them lately. I used to like them very much, but I forgot about them for a while. As I said before, I re-discovered them, and I wanted to make a thread about them, because I'd like to know what you guys think.
10.08.2007 - 00:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its good band one of power metal bands what I realy ENJOY, hehe werry good one its lil Swedish copy of Iron Maiden, specely first 2 albums so good and amazing, I enjoy it, some good old school metal in new age
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.08.2007 - 01:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm not amazed that there were no Hammerfall thread before this one... they're one of the worst Metal bands and THE most ridiculous Metal band out there!
----
11.08.2007 - 02:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 11.08.2007 at 01:40

I'm not amazed that there were no Hammerfall thread before this one... they're one of the worst Metal bands and THE most ridiculous Metal band out there!

well that are better about a lot of bands in MS and world wanna examples ok overated Sabbaton are more worst how thay, wanna more hmmm new Helloween, Blind Guardian last album, so thay(Hammerfall) still kick ass
----

apos;'
[image]
15.08.2007 - 22:46
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Warman: don't be a deuchbag man.

most rediculous Metal band? COME ON! they must be the best modern band out there. Their sound is absolutely solid and perfectly good! They never release the same album twice. They're like a combination ov Judas Priest, Helloween and Accept but with a modern twist . The guitar riffs are simply stunning!

Amazing band! Mother Gaia only knows why Warman being so harsh on them . Definately one ov the best.
16.08.2007 - 13:03
Eternal Flames
First four albums were pretty good. After that Hammerfall began to slowly go down hill for me. Crimson Thunder wasn't too bad but it's not an album that I can listen to over and over again for very long periods of time. As for Chapter V, I found it a sub par album. I thought that it got a bit repetitive and boring. Honestly, I disagree that they do something different on every album. For me, it's gotten quite repetitive and their newer albums just don't seem to have me in awe.

I've heard the new Threshold album and it's a bit of step up but still nothing amazing. I just don't find myself enjoying them as much as I used to. I can still regularly listen to the earlier albums without getting bored but the newer stuff has me yawning most of the time. I still need to listen to Threshold a bit more, but I think I've got my opinion on it set.
16.08.2007 - 13:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 15.08.2007 at 22:46

@Warman: don't be a deuchbag man.

most rediculous Metal band? COME ON! they must be the best modern band out there. Their sound is absolutely solid and perfectly good! They never release the same album twice. They're like a combination ov Judas Priest, Helloween and Accept but with a modern twist . The guitar riffs are simply stunning!

Amazing band! Mother Gaia only knows why Warman being so harsh on them . Definately one ov the best.

Good sad man
----

apos;'
[image]
16.08.2007 - 17:35
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: i'm sorry, what did you say
16.08.2007 - 19:32
Imraghil
really great band! The album Threshold is verry, verry good. Rebel inside is the best song. Rebel for life!
16.08.2007 - 21:32
APOHAKC
The Bard
I love them, first three are great, fourth and fifth, fine and last one boring. I really like their style and looking forward to see them alive again soon.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
18.08.2007 - 03:25
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Threshold was like their only album so far with no ballad / love song.

Ever since Renegade , they've had a kick ass instrumental for every album !
18.08.2007 - 18:31
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by [user id=160] on 18.08.2007 at 03:25

Threshold was like their only album so far with no ballad / love song.

Ever since Renegade , they've had a kick ass instrumental for every album !

But I like their ballads/love songs

Anyway, Trashold is their weakest album by my opinion, they lost that sound they had on Glory To The Brave and earlier releases, although, I enjoyed Chapter IV.
----
18.08.2007 - 20:14
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Oh I like their love songs and ballads too! I was just making observation

I like Threshold alot, i think thier weakest effort was probably Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken . Joacim just doesn't really apply himself as a vocalist on that release.
18.08.2007 - 20:25
Alex Smith
I didn't know, that HammerFall is from Sweden. I thought, that they are from Germany. Anyway, I like their music and I have almost all their albums. They are realy cool!
19.08.2007 - 22:46
Remus
I own "Chapter V" and love it to bits! The fact that these guys are so cheesey is 1 of the reasons why i like them! The video of "The Fire Burns Forever" - you know , where they get stuffed up by the athletes - is quite entertaining. "Hearts on Fire" and "Bloodbound" are acomplished vids and the corresponding songs kick ass. I'll soon be getting 'Threshold' looking forward to it. Yeah, the riffs are really good and so are themelodies.

Man i love these guys!!

@Lowelas OF FIRE : don't be a smart ass, you know Kariasakis7 meant to say "well said", he's dyslexic , not his fault
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
21.08.2007 - 14:48
Stalker
Lone wanderer
I like them, they were one of the first metal bands I listened, but i listen them rarely these days... Now I think that they are little overrated (which doesnt stop me to like them at all), but they create some pretty simple music, and lots of songs are similar to each other.
----
21.08.2007 - 21:42
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Alex Smith: An easy mistake to make, they even call themselves "True German Metal From Sweden".

@Remus: I wasn't being 'smart' : , i seriously didn't get it. Now that I do, i thank K7
22.08.2007 - 23:06
Remus
@Lowelas OF FIRE : Hey, it's all good .

So, today i got my hands on "Threshold" and i'm listening to it right now. Was it Lowelas that said there were no ballads on this one? "Rebel Inside" sounds kinda ballady. Oh well, i'm still deciding wether i like it or loathe it but i will come back to you on dis one fello Hammer-fans!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
23.08.2007 - 02:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, i was thinking the same think about Rebel Inside, anyway, few days ago when I read everything about Threshold on this forum, I give it another listen, and now, I hate it even more
----
23.08.2007 - 13:33
Infurnace
I don't think Threshold is that bad. It has some pretty good songs on it, although I like the older albums more.
23.08.2007 - 13:39
APOHAKC
The Bard
I just don't like it, I don't say that it is shit and that no one should like it, just, it is not my style. I preferred they all work where they knew how to create great concept of the song, somehow, I miss it now, since Renegade and some moments on Crimson Thunder and Chapter IV
----
25.08.2007 - 23:45
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Remus on 22.08.2007 at 23:06

@Lowelas OF FIRE : Hey, it's all good .

So, today i got my hands on "Threshold" and i'm listening to it right now. Was it Lowelas that said there were no ballads on this one? "Rebel Inside" sounds kinda ballady. Oh well, i'm still deciding wether i like it or loathe it but i will come back to you on dis one fello Hammer-fans!

nice

and yeah it was me......Joacim Cans [vocals] also said the same thing in a recent interview also haha. Rebel Inside isn't a pure ballad I think......Like It isn't really comparable to Always Will Be , or Glory To The Brave .
15.09.2007 - 00:06
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Hammerfall performed live on the Swedish TV morning show "Nyhetsmorgon" on TV4 on Thursday, September 13. The band played two songs: the new single, "Last Man Standing", and "Hearts on Fire". Watch the performances at the TV4.se web site by clicking on the following links: "Last Man Standing" and "Hearts on Fire".
15.09.2007 - 00:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Alex Smith on 18.08.2007 at 20:25

I didn't know, that HammerFall is from Sweden. I thought, that they are from Germany. Anyway, I like their music and I have almost all their albums. They are realy cool!

When I didnt know Hammerfall and iN-net when I saw video "ranegate' first time I thought thaya re from Swe or Nor same whit sentenced I thought tahy are from Nor
----

apos;'
[image]
15.09.2007 - 03:06
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
"Last Man Standing" Never heard that one.
16.09.2007 - 21:54
Mystic Ice
Account deleted
I really like Hammerfall but I can get a little bored of them if I try to listen to too much at one time. Threshold is an exception though, I love it. Dark Wings, Dark Words is one of the best ballads I have heard in years. I can't get enough of it and the harmonies give me goosebumps every time I listen to it.
17.09.2007 - 01:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=3012] on 16.09.2007 at 21:54

I really like Hammerfall but I can get a little bored of them if I try to listen to too much at one time. Threshold is an exception though, I love it. Dark Wings, Dark Words is one of the best ballads I have heard in years. I can't get enough of it and the harmonies give me goosebumps every time I listen to it.

But I get bored of Helloween, neve rof them, ok one song 100 times replay meybe but otherside thay are great, one of rear PM bands what can not bored you
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2007 - 17:49
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
It kinda sucks living in America and being a fan of Hammerfall, espcially in Illinois, because they never come here and all of their bad ass shirts aren't available for purchase here in America.
17.09.2007 - 21:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=21954] on 17.09.2007 at 17:49

It kinda sucks living in America and being a fan of Hammerfall, espcially in Illinois, because they never come here and all of their bad ass shirts aren't available for purchase here in America.

Same about Latvia man but you can dounloud them or order in i-net andso on
----

apos;'
[image]
18.09.2007 - 17:15
Infurnace
Written by [user id=3012] on 16.09.2007 at 21:54

I really like Hammerfall but I can get a little bored of them if I try to listen to too much at one time.

I have to agree a little bit on that. Hammerfall is a really great band, with a lot of awesome cd's, but when I listen to them a lot, it get's a little bit boring. But when I haven't listened to them in a long while, it doesn't really bore me.