Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Taktsekte, 23.05.2006 - 00:14
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
07.12.2008 - 14:33
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I Love their Mutter album its a masterpiece rock album. but theyve become worse nowaydas, specially with some sick in the head music videos!
08.12.2008 - 09:33
Berfones
They are my first metal band!!
first listened to them when I was 12 years old
I know you disagree, but I liked Ohne Dich, and Kiene Lust too but still their best album is Mutter
----
Thine truly,ancient evil overlord
08.12.2008 - 22:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Berfones on 08.12.2008 at 09:33

I know you disagree, but I liked Ohne Dich, and Kiene Lust too but still their best album is Mutter

Kind of weird since the last page Valentin and me were saying that it was a good ballad XD.
And Keine Lust is a blast IMO... really powerful riff.

Mutter is a great album but their best for me is something between Herzeleid and Sehnsucht.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.12.2008 - 23:26
Hamird
Lieutenant
I can never say which album of Rammstein is the best album. Because Rammstein is a band that have at least 4-5 great songs per albums.. For example for me:

Herzelied:
Asche Zu Asche
Du Riechst so Gut
Heirate Mich
Rammstein

Sehnsucht:
Sehnsucht
Engel
Bestrafe Mich
Buck Dich
Klavier

Mutter:
Mein Herz Brennt
Links 2-3-4
Sonne
Ich Will
Feuer Frei
Mutter

Reise, Reise:
Reise, Reise
Mein Teil
Keine Lust
Amerika
Morgenstern

Rosenrot:
Benzin
Mann Gegen Mann
Wo Bist Du
Stirb Nist Vor Mir
Te Quiero Puta

That's why I always like to listen to this band's albums.. And I can't say which album is best for me, because all albums by Rammstein includes nice songs as I mentioned.. But maybe Live Aus Berlin is the best stuff they've ever released.
08.12.2008 - 23:43
Berfones
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.12.2008 at 22:08

Written by Berfones on 08.12.2008 at 09:33

Kind of weird since the last page Valentin and me were saying that it was a good ballad XD.
And Keine Lust is a blast IMO... really powerful riff.

Mutter is a great album but their best for me is something between Herzeleid and Sehnsucht.

every album is a bit different than the one before so it is impossible to agree on one album, but I do agree that if you combine Herzeleid, Sehnsucht and Mutter you would get a perfect Rammstein album
----
09.12.2008 - 06:04
iaberis
Advice Troll
I wonder when Rammstein is coming to Greece... I hope with the new album they'll add a date
----
Bitch! Please
09.12.2008 - 19:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by iaberis on 09.12.2008 at 06:04

I wonder when Rammstein is coming to Greece... I hope with the new album they'll add a date

hahhah, let's hope they watch the news, they'd like it there: fire, riots, violence etc. Ramms+ein paradise
09.12.2008 - 20:26
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Valentin B on 09.12.2008 at 19:24

hahhah, let's hope they watch the news, they'd like it there: fire, riots, violence etc. Ramms+ein paradise

The anarchists got their asses kicked here in Patras by its angry citizens! They can come to Patras instead of Athens!
----
Bitch! Please
11.12.2008 - 08:50
Berfones
Written by iaberis on 09.12.2008 at 20:26

Written by Valentin B on 09.12.2008 at 19:24

The anarchists got their asses kicked here in Patras by its angry citizens! They can come to Patras instead of Athens!

but then they will not enjoy the riots XD
----
24.12.2008 - 16:09
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I have a question about the name a concert of Rammstein which I dont know. I have a "Iche Wih's" live track which Till has a a Punk hair. I want to know which concert is that. (and its captured from MTV)
24.12.2008 - 20:27
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 24.12.2008 at 16:09

I have a question about the name a concert of Rammstein which I dont know. I have a "Iche Wih's" live track which Till has a a Punk hair. I want to know which concert is that. (and its captured from MTV)

I think it comes from the Mutter tour. It must be on the DVD "Lichtspielhaus"

I'm not sure.. but that'sthe only Rammstein DVD I don't own so it must be that one.
----
Rod, let me love you.
25.12.2008 - 10:46
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.12.2008 at 20:27

Written by [user id=31891] on 24.12.2008 at 16:09

I think it comes from the Mutter tour. It must be on the DVD "Lichtspielhaus"

I'm not sure.. but that'sthe only Rammstein DVD I don't own so it must be that one.

I want the whole live! cause in like her face with punk hairs, he is really handsome in that show. tell me if u found the name. Ill take a look at "Lichtspielhaus", thanks.
25.12.2008 - 19:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 25.12.2008 at 10:46

I want the whole live! cause in like her face with punk hairs, he is really handsome in that show. tell me if u found the name. Ill take a look at "Lichtspielhaus", thanks.

Not her face... HIS face

Anyway, I don't own that DVD... Just Live Aus Berlin and Völkerball and Till doesn't have punk hair on those DVD's.
----
Rod, let me love you.
26.12.2008 - 01:49
Hamird
Lieutenant
I'm not sure if that's a official DVD.. I think that's a live captured as Black_God said. I have their Live Aus Berlin and a DVD which included videos until Mutter, and some live performances and making of the videos.

I think their best live song performance is for Heirate Mich.. Specially in Live Aus Berlin.
26.12.2008 - 11:01
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by Hamird on 26.12.2008 at 01:49

I'm not sure if that's a official DVD.. I think that's a live captured as Black_God said. I have their Live Aus Berlin and a DVD which included videos until Mutter, and some live performances and making of the videos.

I think their best live song performance is for Heirate Mich.. Specially in Live Aus Berlin.

There was a live performance on MTV Awards in Frankfurt, I think it was in 2001, that's where Till had that haircut, they played Ich Will. And Heirate Mich, yeah, it was pretty good back then, especially when Till appeared to have forgotten the lyrics at the beginning of the song
----
26.12.2008 - 11:13
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Øyvind on 26.12.2008 at 11:01

There was a live performance on MTV Awards in Frankfurt, I think it was in 2001, that's where Till had that haircut, they played Ich Will. And Heirate Mich, yeah, it was pretty good back then, especially when Till appeared to have forgotten the lyrics at the beginning of the song

yes man, I mean that show. u mean they didnt do any other songs in there?
27.12.2008 - 16:29
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by [user id=31891] on 26.12.2008 at 11:13

Written by Øyvind on 26.12.2008 at 11:01

yes man, I mean that show. u mean they didnt do any other songs in there?

I'm not sure. From what I remember (I watched it back then), they only played Ich Will, although some recordings on Youtube and elsewhere suggest that they played Sonne as well It's a bit strange
----
27.12.2008 - 16:40
Kanto
And why there are people saying that those guys are Nazis?
I think I just know the most famous songs, Du Hast, Onhe Dich (it was sooo[...]ooo long), and one that they were driving (the video obviously) a huge truck in the city.
But...he has an interesting voice, I must say
----
...Dude.
27.12.2008 - 17:06
VPeter
Written by Kanto on 27.12.2008 at 16:40

Aperently some black people complained about the cover of Herzeleid, that they promote themself as the new race and that they fell intimidated by it. It's quite funny, so more or less these black people admit to it that they are lesser humans then everbody else. They also said as reason because Rammstein is German, can you see the irony of that?
27.12.2008 - 17:23
Kanto
Written by VPeter on 27.12.2008 at 17:06

Aperently some black people complained about the cover of Herzeleid, that they promote themself as the new race and that they fell intimidated by it. It's quite funny, so more or less these black people admit to it that they are lesser humans then everbody else. They also said as reason because Rammstein is German, can you see the irony of that?
Oh, I see, so...it doesn't matter what do you think, if you born in Germany, you're nazi, interesting. And I just have seen the Herzeleid song (and the lyrics), I didn't find anything like "We are the best race!" or something...
----
...Dude.
27.12.2008 - 17:46
VPeter
Written by Kanto on 27.12.2008 at 17:23

Written by VPeter on 27.12.2008 at 17:06

Oh, I see, so...it doesn't matter what do you think, if you born in Germany, you're nazi, interesting. And I just have seen the Herzeleid song (and the lyrics), I didn't find anything like "We are the best race!" or something...

I searched it up again, it may also be because of the clip "Stripped" which contained footage of the infamous Nazi Olympics movie, but even then it doesn't make sense. Many people like the movie because Hitler really tried to create Olympics how it should be and Rammstein only took that part of the footage and left the nazi parts out.
27.12.2008 - 18:19
Kanto
Written by VPeter on 27.12.2008 at 17:46

Written by Kanto on 27.12.2008 at 17:23

I searched it up again, it may also be because of the clip "Stripped" which contained footage of the infamous Nazi Olympics movie, but even then it doesn't make sense. Many people like the movie because Hitler really tried to create Olympics how it should be and Rammstein only took that part of the footage and left the nazi parts out.
Looking for the Stripped video in YouTube, yeah...it has some of that "Perfect Body" and stuff, but...that's a greek concept, the same with the olympics. And yeah, I didn't feel anything nazi on that video, except (obviously) that period of time. I think if you try to find something nazi on that video/song you will probably find it...

I found interesting one of the comments in YouTube about the song:

avnboeg (2 days ago)
If I am not worng, I think that Leni Riefenstahl mayed this video to the nazi regime, may it be from two part film Olympische Spiele ("Olympia")Proberly a Goebbels idea?, gloryfing the arian race, much like the Greek and Romans gloryfied the human body. But anyway, she was a gifted film maker/producer.
----
...Dude.
28.12.2008 - 18:34
Coté
I think is so idiotic that people still believe that everything and everyone that comes from Geramany is in some way nazi. They'll never grow up from that.

But fortunally there are people like us with brains
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
28.12.2008 - 22:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Coté on 28.12.2008 at 18:34

yeah, and we can always blast "Feuer Frei" while running them down with panzer tanks.. damn, that song is EPIC.
29.12.2008 - 01:46
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Valentin B on 28.12.2008 at 22:33

yeah, and we can always blast "Feuer Frei" while running them down with panzer tanks.. damn, that song is EPIC.

Oh, Keine Lust works even better than Feuer Frei, for me...
29.12.2008 - 03:32
VPeter
Written by Hamird on 29.12.2008 at 01:46

Still the keys are awesome in Feuer Frei.
30.12.2008 - 01:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by VPeter on 29.12.2008 at 03:32

Written by Hamird on 29.12.2008 at 01:46

Still the keys are awesome in Feuer Frei.

And the lyrics suits better than Keine Lust.

I mean... Feuer Frie.... BANG BANG!!!!!
----
Rod, let me love you.
01.01.2009 - 02:09
Coté
Those lyrics would certainly send our message

Die MTF Die !!!
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::