Metal Storm logo
Question for an Answer

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 09.11.2007 - 00:48
This is a thread for any questions that are quick and that do not require its own thread. Questions can range anywhere as long as they are appropriate.

Please post in this format if there is a large amount of questions:

If you are asking a question, please label it a question as it will be easier for other users to recognize.
Quote:

Question: What is the best Metal site?

If you are answering a question, please QUOTE the question and label your answer as "answer".
Quote:

Quote:

Question: What is the best Metal site?

Answer: Metalstorm.ee is!

Rules:
- Please follow the rules of posting.
- This is NOT a discussion thread.
- Do not comment a question about it being a good one or a bad one, as there is no need to.
- Only post in this thread if your are asking or answering a question.
- If your question is not answered, give it a few days. Chances are if nobody answers it for a while, its because they do not know the answer. If your question needs immediate attention, PM someone who would have the knowledge to answer it.
- There is no room for being funny here, that means do not post false information, or asking stupid questions. Doing so will get you reported.

If you have a question that is site related, please post it here in the Quick Questions Thread!
14.12.2011 - 23:43
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.12.2011 at 23:38

Garlic helps prevent vomiting?

It gives you the freshest breath possible.

Now that you mention it, I have heard somewhere it helps prevent vomiting, although that might be a myth.
15.12.2011 - 09:47
Baz Anderson
Staff
I sometimes take a pack of mints to the club, but not for my breath... just because I'm slightly addicted to them.

You needed to know that.
19.12.2011 - 03:21
Snake? Snaaaake!
Account deleted
Why aren't there prizes in cereal boxes anymore? D:
19.12.2011 - 06:28
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=115335] on 19.12.2011 at 03:21

Too many of those "special" kids who shove rocks up their nostrils... They eat the toys and the parents file a lawsuit.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.03.2012 - 17:50
FOOCK Nam
Question: is theret any case that third parties entity outside of my country knowing my internet IP or my home address, can they track what what I surfing on internet ?
02.03.2012 - 18:22
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 02.03.2012 at 17:50

Question: is theret any case that third parties entity outside of my country knowing my internet IP or my home address, can they track what what I surfing on internet ?

Answer: Fully possible. Any specific entity you are referring to? Then again, why the fuck are you asking this? If you're ever used Google in your life, you're gonna get screwed by the NSA at some point.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
02.03.2012 - 18:34
FOOCK Nam
Written by vezzy on 02.03.2012 at 18:22

Answer: Fully possible. Any specific entity you are referring to? Then again, why the fuck are you asking this? If you're ever used Google in your life, you're gonna get screwed by the NSA at some point.

I mean if a hacker or a person who lives in France or whatever far-out of nation, knowing my IP address or my home country address (which is Vietnam),... Im quite surprised remember I asked about if my goverment staff knowing what I do... never expected that foreigner or any NSA could do that : (
02.03.2012 - 18:40
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 02.03.2012 at 18:34

I mean if a hacker or a person who lives in France or whatever far-out of nation, knowing my IP address or my home country address (which is Vietnam),... Im quite surprised remember I asked about if my goverment staff knowing what I do... never expected that foreigner or any NSA could do that : (

Yeah, but I don't know why they'd be interested in you (the hacker). If they somehow sneak in a RAT or rootkit, they can watch you (and maybe steal some $$$ of your credit card if they're at the brink of eviction).

As for your government, why the fuck not? Pretty sure everyone monitors this to some degree. Then we have the evil NSA bastards, that's a different story. That's pretty much their sole purpose (they also enjoy installing backdoors in your operating system in their spare time, and I'm pretty sure it's in Windows 7, even if it hasn't been discovered, which is kind of the whole point ololololo.)
----
02.03.2012 - 18:58
FOOCK Nam
Written by vezzy on 02.03.2012 at 18:40

Written by FOOCK Nam on 02.03.2012 at 18:34

Yeah, but I don't know why they'd be interested in you (the hacker). If they somehow sneak in a RAT or rootkit, they can watch you (and maybe steal some $$$ of your credit card if they're at the brink of eviction).

As for your government, why the fuck not? Pretty sure everyone monitors this to some degree. Then we have the evil NSA bastards, that's a different story. That's pretty much their sole purpose (they also enjoy installing backdoors in your operating system in their spare time, and I'm pretty sure it's in Windows 7, even if it hasn't been discovered, which is kind of the whole point ololololo.)

I've got trouble from some hacker doing hacknet-cide for pleasure damn them lol...

Oh I really never heard of backdoors installation on client computer from NSA, very stunning, if they can do that either for fun or else, totally illegally... luckily I havent upgraded to windows 7 : D,... To the NSA my country, no respect, they intervene too much of personal freedom, my country and China banning bunch of stuff that makes me change virtual IP oftenly.
02.03.2012 - 20:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 02.03.2012 at 18:58

I've got trouble from some hacker doing hacknet-cide for pleasure damn them lol...

Oh I really never heard of backdoors installation on client computer from NSA, very stunning, if they can do that either for fun or else, totally illegally... luckily I havent upgraded to windows 7 : D,... To the NSA my country, no respect, they intervene too much of personal freedom, my country and China banning bunch of stuff that makes me change virtual IP oftenly.

Goddamned script kiddies.

It's probably in Vista too, although no one seems to talk about NSA backdoors in Vista in particular. If they have it in XP and 7, most likely it's there too.

Now this ranks up in the paranoia scale, but hey, governments and ca$h-hungry corporations are always doing kooky stuff, so...
----
31.03.2012 - 21:50
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.12.2011 at 06:28

Written by [user id=115335] on 19.12.2011 at 03:21

Too many of those "special" kids who shove rocks up their nostrils... They eat the toys and the parents file a lawsuit.

I remember they used to give away ps1 games in cereal boxes.

Man those were the days.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.04.2012 - 23:07
yumishami
Question:where should i look for concept behind album's lyrics?cause sometimes it is hard to understand whats on songwritters mind
07.04.2012 - 00:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by yumishami on 06.04.2012 at 23:07

Question:where should i look for concept behind album's lyrics?cause sometimes it is hard to understand whats on songwritters mind

http://www.songmeanings.net
13.04.2012 - 23:47
yumishami
Question:First of all cheers for making such threads like this ,it is really useful and second...whats the point of making music/playing with guitar or any other instrument when we can make music via computers? i have started to play guitar about 2 years now and ever since my friend asked me this question it turned to an annoying bug in my mind i feel like im doing something pointless..help me out please
14.04.2012 - 00:11
Ernis
狼獾
Written by [user id=35732] on 14.04.2012 at 00:05

Because gigs would turn into computer meetings.

Not exactly. For sure, there won't most probably be any musicians on stage (if yes, then just for the sake of posing...)
There will be some aging woman (who's had plastic surgeries) in an awkward outfit that leaves most of her body exposed. She shouts something to the microphone every once in a while but otherwise she's busy being humped by her gay-looking back-up dancers (her vocals are autotuned and pre-recorded anyway)...

At least that's what you already have when you have a look at what's happened with the best-selling pop music artists...
14.04.2012 - 01:59
Ernis
狼獾
Written by [user id=35732] on 14.04.2012 at 00:42

Afterparties in a church? That's new to me. I'm fine that people go watch what they want, but that cruch afterparty sounds quite odd.

It was an "exclusive" afterparty held by some Estonian "celebrities" led by Anu Saagim who's famous for being married to Ristomatti Ratia. She's one of those "famous for being famous" celebrities. Every once in a while she poses (semi-)nude to some magazine or stirs up some scandals...
After the afterparty in the church she was publicly condemned even by the atheist majority of Estonians to which she replied with a photoshoot of her crucified, semi-nude, to the cross of the war monument, which appeared on the front cover of the main gossip magazine.

Written by [user id=35732] on 14.04.2012 at 00:42

Russia this year is coming up with some old ladies, which might have some cultural thing in their performance, not sure about it though.

These old ladies aren't even Russian. They're Udmurt and the song is in their Finnic language except for the English chorus.
21.04.2012 - 02:20
Vikingr
Is there such a thing as sex withdrawals?
21.04.2012 - 02:20
Vikingr
21.04.2012 - 05:52
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Vikingr on 21.04.2012 at 02:20

The wife's in a different city for another week. She's only been gone for three days as of tonight.

I can't answer with scientific evidence, but I can tell you I'm experiencing personal withdrawal myself.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.04.2012 - 07:08
Vikingr
I haven't had sex in 3 months man, it's brutal D: I'm almost envying virgins, at least they don't know what they're missing xD It sucks, your all tense and on edge all the time and you feel like fucking someone at random or beating the shit out of another person xD I only sleep like 5 hours a night now too, so I concur, there is such a thing as goddamn sex withdrawals
21.04.2012 - 07:25
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Beware from Julian Assange. He do lot of crazy shit on Internet.
21.04.2012 - 10:28
FOOCK Nam
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.04.2012 at 07:25

Beware from Julian Assange. He do lot of crazy shit on Internet.

I googled that guy, he looks really like a computer nerd freak with his appearance.
21.04.2012 - 22:40
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Vikingr on 21.04.2012 at 07:08

I haven't had sex in 3 months man, it's brutal D: I'm almost envying virgins, at least they don't know what they're missing xD It sucks, your all tense and on edge all the time and you feel like fucking someone at random or beating the shit out of another person xD I only sleep like 5 hours a night now too, so I concur, there is such a thing as goddamn sex withdrawals

I think it's awkward... sex is not food nor water so that the absence of it is hardly going to cause death. You probably have sex addiction because it's one of those things that can be described by the phrase "the more you eat, the more your appetite grows..."
Trust me... if you stop thinking about it, you'll feel a lot better... Use the excess testosterone in order to do sports or work or do something constructive because, after all... sex demands energy... You don't want to spend all that energy on loose girls and jacking off...

I've lasted months without any sexual activity (not even masturbation)... It is possible... usually if you're busy enough or have loads of work to do, you need all that energy for more important things... Then again, you're only 18... many people have an untameable sex drive during that age...

And then... when you meet a very hot chick with a pleasant personality who actually likes and wants you... then you can release all the energy and you feel so good because you feel that it's been saved for some time just for her and then she feels special and all that jazz...
It's just me... I always want to give ladies the reason to like me...
22.04.2012 - 01:03
Vikingr
Agreed bro;)
22.04.2012 - 01:04
Vikingr
And I've gotten into the habit of exercising alot so I think I can manage, still sucks though:P
22.04.2012 - 01:21
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Vikingr on 22.04.2012 at 01:04

And I've gotten into the habit of exercising alot so I think I can manage, still sucks though:P

As the Germanic peoples did... heavy workout must be the first thing to do, sex can wait...
22.04.2012 - 07:28
Vikingr
Exactly, I tend to take most of my values and such from ancient European cultures, being a history nut:) I'd rather have sex, but maintaining a physical condition at which I can kick ass at sex is always good too xD
23.04.2012 - 21:15
yumishami
Written by Vikingr on 21.04.2012 at 07:08

when it comes to sex u better let things happen in its own natural order if you feel like humping then you have to hump find someone and hump:D i dont think sex is like salty water or something ...,your body will tell when you need and when you had enough(just like food etc..)problem is our modern fruit-less sex relationships deceive some people that it may not be that much important anymore but truth is it will relief you of unnecessary stress and put your hero back in it is stable state
23.04.2012 - 21:20
yumishami
Written by Ernis on 22.04.2012 at 01:21

Written by Vikingr on 22.04.2012 at 01:04

As the Germanic peoples did... heavy workout must be the first thing to do, sex can wait...

i think nowadays even empty sex makes more sense than "heavy workout".. vik dont listen to him unleash the beast within!
23.04.2012 - 21:43
FOOCK Nam
Workout day, sex in night, buuuut I find sex is easier than hard workout