Metal Storm logo
Ice Hockey

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 25.03.2010 - 16:20
Lets continue our discussion about this great sport
03.07.2012 - 07:23
Mattybu
Yeah, Ott was definitely a decent player for Dallas but Roy certainly isn't a bad acquisition! I have never really kept up with the Sabres but he has seemed to have a dynamic play style which would work well with Dallas.
03.07.2012 - 16:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Mattybu on 03.07.2012 at 07:23
Yeah, Ott was definitely a decent player for Dallas but Roy certainly isn't a bad acquisition! I have never really kept up with the Sabres but he has seemed to have a dynamic play style which would work well with Dallas.

Well Ott's penchant for getting under the opposition's skin and his forechecking ability will immediately help the Sabres, who had too many skilled guys last year and not enough grit. Shedding their roster of Roy eliminates a pretty soft floater, albeit a very talented playmaker. Not unlike Ribeiro to be honest, although possibly less gifted in the pure scoring department and he doesn't have half the dangles in his repertoire.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.07.2012 - 18:20
Mattybu
Good point, the Sabres could definitely benefit from a player like Ott. I don't know whether this trade will have a drastic impact on either team, but it will be interesting to see how the season plays out. Maybe one of these teams will manage to elevate themselves to top tier status.

And I know it's the wrong league, but Joe Johnson was traded to the Brooklyn Nets. Time to buy a new jersey....
04.07.2012 - 01:52
mcneely
Omg Jaromir Jagr .... I dunno whether to be excited or upset. One thing is obvious were not going after Parise or Suter
04.07.2012 - 01:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by mcneely on 04.07.2012 at 01:52
Jaromir Jagr

And at a 4.5m price tag. Really not sure where they expect him to fit in to their line-up... they already have a solid group of wingers. Maybe he and Whitney will hook up with some veteran chemistry and produce 100 points a piece.

Jagr, Whitney, Eriksson, Morrow, Ryder... Benn should be re-signed, and that still only leaves Roy as their playmaker. Maybe Eriksson makes the shift to center? Otherwise one of these guys is looking at a third-line role, and Morrow would be best suited for that given his playing style.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.07.2012 - 02:35
mcneely
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.07.2012 at 01:55

And at a 4.5m price tag. Really not sure where they expect him to fit in to their line-up... they already have a solid group of wingers. Maybe he and Whitney will hook up with some veteran chemistry and produce 100 points a piece.

I can hope

Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.07.2012 at 01:55

Jagr, Whitney, Eriksson, Morrow, Ryder... Benn should be re-signed, and that still only leaves Roy as their playmaker. Maybe Eriksson makes the shift to center? Otherwise one of these guys is looking at a third-line role, and Morrow would be best suited for that given his playing style.

Gully has said Benn is going to moved to a center and Morrow spent some time there last year, however it is kind of awkward to have your captain on the 3rd line
04.07.2012 - 02:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by mcneely on 04.07.2012 at 02:35
Gully has said Benn is going to moved to a center and Morrow spent some time there last year, however it is kind of awkward to have your captain on the 3rd line

Benn might be able to make the shift but I've never imagined Morrow as a natural center. With that said, there have been some good third-line captains in history. It may not be the most orthodox way to go about it though... the only other third-line type player to wear a C currently would be Horcoff in Edmonton, and he's a terrible guy to look to in times of need.
----
04.07.2012 - 19:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Looks like Parise and Suter are going home to Minny. For 13 years and just under 100m each. They'll never live up to those deals.
----
05.07.2012 - 00:17
mcneely
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.07.2012 at 19:41

Looks like Parise and Suter are going home to Minny. For 13 years and just under 100m each. They'll never live up to those deals.

lol great that is what the western conference needs another playoff contending team
11.07.2012 - 22:36
FinnishSammich
So, do you guys think that Columbus manages to trade Nash?
12.07.2012 - 17:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by FinnishSammich on 11.07.2012 at 22:36

Sure, when Howson realizes he's trading an all-star power forward and not the greatest player to ever lace 'em up.

He's done such a terrible job managing the Jackets he's trying to rebuild the entire team by trading one player.
----
18.07.2012 - 00:54
FinnishSammich
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.07.2012 at 17:01

Written by FinnishSammich on 11.07.2012 at 22:36

Sure, when Howson realizes he's trading an all-star power forward and not the greatest player to ever lace 'em up.

He's done such a terrible job managing the Jackets he's trying to rebuild the entire team by trading one player.

I like the jokes what people are making about Howson's demands on nhl.com. Though I feel bad for the Blue Jackets. They're going to have a long road ahead until they even make the playoffs, let alone win a cup.
26.07.2012 - 01:47
helofloki
I'm so glad Nashville matched Philly's offer for Weber. I hate when players I like go to the flyers. Also, turns out Nash is gonna be in New York. Atlantic division is gonna be a beast again... except for the Islanders.
12.08.2012 - 20:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 12.08.2012 at 20:41
Slovakia ha straditions from Cehoslvakia days in all sports only now they are weeker each team sport are weeker how Cz and level inb each team sports are much weeker ,

I never said they didn't have traditions, I said they've been putting more effort into their ice hockey development program. And while a Czechoslovakian team would be stronger than the teams being separated, I don't think it's fair to say the Slovaks haven't improved over the years. In 2006 they managed to place fifth and in 2010 they almost won bronze, losing to Finland.

They also won a silver medal in this year's World Championships, which is the first time they've received a medal since 2003. I'd say the country is taking the necessary steps to become a competitive ice hockey nation.
----
12.08.2012 - 21:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Troy best program make Suisse , where they were at 1994--- Now they are in TOP one of best nations, ppl say Europjan NHL is Finland, I say no in Suisse. Realy good job, every team who plays aganst Suisse its hard to play, new kids U 18, U 20 almsot every year kick big fish ass, once they won Russia, and Finland,
Zurich Lions won only Champions Leauge in hockey using mainly own players 2-2 in Russia 5-0 at home

denmark, simmialr speach how swedish only more fuck up foir my years cant get much, but sewdish school, cochest, sistem
same norvegian, simmilar speek, I cant get much in norvegian, and also big progress

Is ay Svk regreset in years , thay won WC gold because of old generetion who was comunistic and early inmdependece years producte, leatgly they play bad and bad, Cz is much stronger in hockey and finasal problems and less and less kids wanna play less NHL and wold class players , IMO Svk hockey regresion or stand still, nowdays
Suisse, Denmark and Norge .... Thay progressing
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.08.2012 - 21:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Bad English on 12.08.2012 at 21:11
Troy best program make Suisse

They have two Olympic medals in ice hockey since 1920. Please don't talk about them having one of the best ice hockey teams going. I'll concede to the fact their country has made leaps and bounds in terms of competing with the likes of the superpower nations, but in no way are they a top competitor.

I won't even bother with Norway and Denmark - no offense to anyone from there. They just aren't on that top competitive level, and it doesn't look like they're going to make any significant changes in the next decade.

Quote:
Is ay Svk regreset in years

How does a country regress by developing more elite talent and nearly winning international competitions? Players like Demitra, Hossa, Gaborik - these are the kinds of players that are idolized by Slovakian children who one day want to grow up and compete at that same level. Their goaltending situation is almost a thing of the past with Halak taking over, and he'll go on to inspire others much in the same way, just like Chara. You'll have ice hockey heroes in every position and their program will only develop more with more funding as a result of higher place finishes.
----
12.08.2012 - 21:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Troy - Their leuages has rise and hockey nowdays in Suisse and 15 years beck .... its black n white and I have watched Suisse leuage old days 5 years ago when it was possible hack n get seca 1 (encriptment sythem) codes , now bitches use seca 2 or maybe 3 Suisse, was zero and now team can bite and besides each WC they are higher how Svk,
Denmark and Norge growing, of corse trhey cant play whit BIG 8 but see last 3-4 WC results, where all is twisted whit those teams, so its growing and besides in Sweden band players dont play and we have many denish and norvegians so , after 20 years Den and Nor can be better if work write way

Those Svk players + Pfalfy , Satan, Bondra are old generation, Svk hockey is not like it was than, leuage are weeker, cz leuage also is not so good how it was , less money etc, and Svk U 18, 20 where are they in WC between A and B and in last 5 WC .... where was Svk, ok last WC final was non expected it to happen, it happened
Svk hockeys uffers like every east Europe due econimic fuck up after red deasise wanished , west ha sno such problems and besides UK leuage also ''grows'' thank's to Canadians and besides werry good celary for such level
----

12.08.2012 - 21:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Your argument that Slovakia doesn't have a strong hockey nation is that they weren't expected to win? Of course they weren't expected to win. Canada, the US, Sweden, Russia, Finland - these are the teams people expect to win. The fact is they have obviously been developing their talent appropriately for them to be able to compete against these top nations and come away second overall, defying expectations because they've quietly been grooming future talent.
----
12.08.2012 - 22:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.08.2012 at 21:41

Your argument that Slovakia doesn't have a strong hockey nation is that they weren't expected to win? Of course they weren't expected to win. Canada, the US, Sweden, Russia, Finland - these are the teams people expect to win. The fact is they have obviously been developing their talent appropriately for them to be able to compete against these top nations and come away second overall, defying expectations because they've quietly been grooming future talent.

Well before those bad years Svk played well I remebver crazy final whit Russia and crazy last minutes and goals, before it and after it I was expected Svk to win, all games n results was good quate OK, but then was fuck up years , ok OG was awesome all their best men one ice and well it pays beck, but other last 4 WC more close to relegation how, medal, even whit all those good men what thay have
Youth program there is not how it was, Sui, Den and Nor youth program works better, we have no crisies, Svk and Cz was crisis in every level same like it happen in each East Europe country every sport products and sythem and infastrure + finases what was left from comies days was over and crisise came, now seems its over but you never know, there was lost years in whole eats block what west never had
And how you explain 4-5 bad WC years for Slovakia one year yes quoncidenst but 5
I cant explain it even team has great players
In Europe TOp U 18 and 20 nowdays are Swedem Russia, Finland and Suisse, then follow rest
----

22.08.2012 - 22:12
FinnishSammich
Looks like lockout's coming...
22.08.2012 - 23:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FinnishSammich on 22.08.2012 at 22:12

Looks like lockout's coming...

Where does NHL finns will go any guesses, can you make some list where they will play?
----

23.08.2012 - 15:21
FinnishSammich
Quote:
Written by Bad English on 22.08.2012 at 23:14

Where does NHL finns will go any guesses, can you make some list where they will play?

Only thing I know for sure is that Granlund's going to play in the AHL if the lockout happens. Selänne probably will play for his local team, Jokerit, and I'm guessing lots of other guys will return to their local teams aswell (Kiprusoff and the Koivu's to TPS and so forth)
Some will go to Elitserien, like Jesse Joensuu who made a contract with the Isles on summer returns to HV-71.
Some of the older guys, like Salo and Timonen, could possibly have a break if the lockout happens.

So basically, SM-Liiga,Elitserien,AHL,Few European leagues like DEL which get one or two finn(s) and possible gap years. Well, didn't exactly turn into a list but I hope it helps a bit.
23.08.2012 - 16:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by FinnishSammich on 23.08.2012 at 15:21

Written by Bad English on 22.08.2012 at 23:14

Only thing I know for sure is that Granlund's going to play in the AHL if the lockout happens. Selänne probably will play for his local team, Jokerit, and I'm guessing lots of other guys will return to their local teams aswell (Kiprusoff and the Koivu's to TPS and so forth)
Some will go to Elitserien, like Jesse Joensuu who made a contract with the Isles on summer returns to HV-71.
Some of the older guys, like Salo and Timonen, could possibly have a break if the lockout happens.

So basically, SM-Liiga,Elitserien,AHL,Few European leagues like DEL which get one or two finn(s) and possible gap years. Well, didn't exactly turn into a list but I hope it helps a bit.

I hope KHL wont get, KHL ruins all hovckey whit overpaying money and steeling best players and dont pay anyththing
Same whit swedes to local teams
----

30.08.2012 - 13:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Article about Luleå in NHL home page

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=640638
----

01.09.2012 - 02:03
helofloki
All this lockout shit, no matter what sport, is always so ridiculous. Really hate that it's coming to hockey again, hope it's short like the basketball one, or even better, inconsequential like the football one. Hockey's been getting some good momentum recently in popularity, I'd hate to see it all pissed away again.
01.09.2012 - 02:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by helofloki on 01.09.2012 at 02:03

All this lockout shit, no matter what sport, is always so ridiculous. Really hate that it's coming to hockey again, hope it's short like the basketball one, or even better, inconsequential like the football one. Hockey's been getting some good momentum recently in popularity, I'd hate to see it all pissed away again.

its money money and always money
----

12.09.2012 - 01:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anybody can confirm in KHL players troth was cut whit skate eysterday
try to fin info in Russian sites is like try to find reindear in Sahara
----

12.09.2012 - 15:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

17.09.2012 - 10:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
You want the best players in the world, but you dont want to pay them...thats what you got
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.09.2012 - 17:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Actualy russians fuck up all ) Ovie said if theyw ont play us we dont play, Bryzgalow said we will shut down NHL more, fuck sake Bryzgalow run to rus get piss went to NHL; skip seaspn due ban etc
Why swedes play for playinmg not money 7milj per yera or 4 milj is not diference , NHL be better whit out those players
I wanna see best swedes beck home, but agan KHL try steel our players agan
Good Jagr went beck home to Kladno
----