Metal Storm logo
NFL

Original post

Posted by Dangerboner, 04.10.2006 - 06:52
Well, instead of limiting our football talk to just the American Metalstormers thread, I decided to just make a topic about it so that everyone can be included.

My favorite football team is the Seahawks and my favorite player is either Lofa Tatupu or Ken Hamlin. My team got bitch slapped by the Bears recently, but we did suffer from significant injuries.

Anyways, who's your favorite team and player?

Who do you guys see going to the Superbowl this year? It's kinda hard to predict because if a key player gets an injury, the team is basically screwed. I think the Colts have a good chance of finally making it, and will either play the Seahawks or the Bears. I doubt that the Steelers will repeat this year because they haven't looked all that great. Well, I can only hope.
29.12.2009 - 07:14
Hey...

I'm a kiwi and get three games per week of NFL, which I really enjoy. But at this stage I'm really confused about how the playoffs work...

And by really confused, I mean I don't have a clue how they work...
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
29.12.2009 - 07:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The NFL has two conferences with four divisions each comprised of four times in every division. The best team in each division makes the playoffs. Each conference gets two Wild Card teams, which is decided upon which teams have the best records overall, no matter what division, but within the conferences. Teams with the best records also clinch home field advantage.

One loss, and you're out.

Also, the Super Bowl is played at a pre-determined location every year so supposedly no team has a crowd advantage, but that's obviously not true...
29.12.2009 - 07:33
Written by Dangerboner on 29.12.2009 at 07:27

The NFL has two conferences with four divisions each comprised of four times in every division. The best team in each division makes the playoffs. Each conference gets two Wild Card teams, which is decided upon which teams have the best records overall, no matter what division, but within the conferences. Teams with the best records also clinch home field advantage.

One loss, and you're out.

Also, the Super Bowl is played at a pre-determined location every year so supposedly no team has a crowd advantage, but that's obviously not true...

Sweet.

Whats the difference between the best teams in the divisions and the wildcard teams with the best records? For my thinking the best teams will have the best records.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
29.12.2009 - 07:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This link for the 2007 standings should help. The key on the bottom shows the teams that have made the playoffs.
30.12.2009 - 07:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
No Seahawk made the Pro Bowl :'(
05.01.2010 - 17:51
Stigmatized
A lot of people who should have made the Pro Bowl didn't and it will always be like that too.

No Pittsburgh Super Bowl this year. As long as New England and Dallas lose I won't really care.
25.01.2010 - 14:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
27.01.2010 - 15:03
Stigmatized
Haha, maybe Favre will actually hang it up this time.......or maybe he'll make a big deal about it again.

Who's going for who in the Super Bowl?
27.01.2010 - 15:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I dunno, but I bet Madden 11 won't have him... again lmao
26.04.2010 - 06:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Damn, what a draft!

The Seahawks couldn't have done any better this last weekend. By picking up Okung and Thomas, we perfectly addressed our needs, and even got better by stealing trading for Leon Washington and LenDale White. It's kinda funny how Carroll is getting his old players back - besides White, he also signed Mike Williams, the badass USC WR who hasn't done shit yet in the NFL lol, as well as Anthony McCoy, a former USC TE. I can't fucking wait for the season to start now
06.09.2010 - 06:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Some really fucking weird cuts were made this weekend, like us cutting TJ Houshmanzadah and JP Losman, along with the Cardinals cutting Matt Leinart, which sucks because I was really looking forward to see him start. He's much better than Derek Anderson.
06.09.2010 - 18:12
ß
Problem?
I was quite surprised to hear that Houshmanzadah was cut. I haven't heard any mention of Losman for quite some time, last time I knew he was still playing for Buffalo and that was 2 years ago lol.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
07.09.2010 - 06:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, he kept whining, but for good reasons. He signed to Baltimore, so their offense is stacked now.
08.09.2010 - 01:24
Stigmatized
It seems like every American sports league will soon have a couple of super teams, haha.

I didn't really understand the Derek Anderson over Matt Leinart thing either, though neither are exactly MVP caliber.
08.09.2010 - 06:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm just going to put it out there that I don't think Arizona will win more than 5 games this year. They lost too much and gained too little.
09.09.2010 - 01:43
ß
Problem?
The only real offensive threats they have are Fitzgerald and Hightower to a lesser extent. Them trading away Boldin, and cutting Leinart sure didn't help matters either, for Derek Anderson of all people.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
12.09.2010 - 16:12
Stigmatized
Yeah, Fitzgerald's stats will probably slip quite a bit, unless he's an even better receiver than I thought.
13.09.2010 - 08:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Wow I'm glad I started Beanie Wells on my fantasy team -_- (but at least I had already picked up Arian Foster )

Lions game was fucked up
13.09.2010 - 13:31
Stigmatized
The Lions are cursed I swear. That was a touchdown by all means, Johnson was robbed. I don't know if I've ever seen a worse rule put into effect like that.
14.09.2010 - 06:10
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 13.09.2010 at 13:31

The Lions are cursed I swear. That was a touchdown by all means, Johnson was robbed. I don't know if I've ever seen a worse rule put into effect like that.

The guy I'm playing in fantasy this week had Johnson so I kinda feel like I'm getting a cheap win... I've never seen a team get cheated as much as the Lions have.
14.09.2010 - 10:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
N. Suh for ROTY. Seeing that guy get doubled while pushing everyone back, allowing Vanden Bosch to get 11 tackles was remarkable. Just sucks that his personal stats won't be amazing
11.02.2011 - 15:07
Mad Mike
This thread seems a little inactive, but I'll post anyways....

GO PACK GO! Been a fan of them since before I even knew what football was, and to finally watch them win it all (and be old enough to fully enjoy it and celebrate it) is awesome. And since all 16 starters on IR are coming back, and they're only losing one possible player to free agency (Cullen Jenkins), there's honestly no reason at all why they can't repeat next year... I truly believe this is the dawn of another GB dynasty. But hey, we said the same thing about the Saints last year and look what happened, so you never know.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
16.02.2011 - 00:38
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Not a big NFL football fan. I enjoy college a little more. I am a die hard Raider fan though.
17.02.2011 - 08:01
Mad Mike
It seems to me that a lot of metalheads in general are Raider fans, I know there has to be a reason behind that, I just can't put my finger on it.

And @ Dangerboner, I hope that watching the Steelers lose eased the pain of watching your Seahawks lose Superbowl 40 to the refs Pittsburgh. I'm pretty sure every Seahawk fan was rooting for Green Bay in that game.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
17.02.2011 - 18:08
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Mad Mike on 17.02.2011 at 08:01

It seems to me that a lot of metalheads in general are Raider fans, I know there has to be a reason behind that, I just can't put my finger on it.

And @ Dangerboner, I hope that watching the Steelers lose eased the pain of watching your Seahawks lose Superbowl 40 to the refs Pittsburgh. I'm pretty sure every Seahawk fan was rooting for Green Bay in that game.

I have been a Raider fan since I was a little kid. Of course Metalheads love the raiders. Here are some reasons why...

I mean Raider fans are the only ones who can have teddy bears on them and still be a badass.

Or would metalheads by happy being fans of this

Now you tell me.
18.02.2011 - 00:22
Mad Mike
Ha, I'm actually a fan of the pack (incase you didn't notice my posts on here). I would actually like the Raiders if it weren't for Al Davis, that guy has gone senile big time, but the fans are cool, the Black Hole is practically the mosh pit of the NFL. I have told fellow metalheads that I'm a Packers fan and I've been asked ''What is so metal about that team?''. Well, because the team is actually owned by their fans, much like metal is kept alive by a dedicated fan base, you know what I mean?

lol, this has actually brought back memories of an old Raiders vs Packers game for me. I saw a Raiders fan with a knife through a cheesehat, and the cheesehat was bleeding. That was so badass... anyways, the Raiders are on the way back up, they're actually my sleeper pick for next year (if there's a season).
----
23.02.2011 - 22:19
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Been a fan of the Bengals my whole life. Too bad they have failed to win even one playoff game in the past 20 years.......... but that doesn't matter. I will always be a fan and rep my home city. Watch out for the Bengals in the super bowl next year! (I say this every year, but its bound to happen eventually right?)
23.02.2011 - 23:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've never really liked the Raiders, mostly because we used to be division rivals back when the Hawks were in the AFC. I don't like Tom Cable either, but I think he'll be a good offensive coordinator for us.
02.03.2011 - 03:51
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Gotta keep pulling for the Lions. Eventually they're gonna hit it big. If Stafford can stay healthy and we get a secondary everyone had better watch out!
03.03.2011 - 22:35
Just so you guys know, ima huge packer fan, and if you seen me on the other boards, you would know I bleed green and gold, AND we are gonna fuckin repeat motherfuckers.... Finley, Barnett, Grant and like 10 other players coming back, one of the youngest teams in the league, with one of the best drafting GM's, if this team doesnt become a dynasty, than I dont think it is possible for a real dynasty in this era, this is the last hope that dynasty's are possible IMO!
----
Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.