Metal Storm logo
Zao

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 23.06.2006 - 19:01
Ok, Zao is a band that plays what I could best describe as melodic death. They have influenced many bands in their day, and Howard Jones (of Killswitch Engage) has admitted in several interviews the influence Zao has had on him. Zao (pronounced zay-o, not Zow, as commonly believed) have just released a new album titled "The Fear Is What Keeps Us Here". It is one of their most brutal to date, and is the first time in the bands history that two albums in a row have had the same lineup. Any fans?

Download these songs if you've never heard: Free The Three, Savannah, Physician Heal Thyself, and Skin Like Winter.
08.07.2006 - 02:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well...that's kinda the point of this forum...to learn. Anyways, yeah I agree with the "must be mature" bullshit. Oh well. Zao is cool.
08.07.2006 - 03:09
fire101
Account deleted
No, you are a close-minded badguy for insulting someone unprovoked. (yes, thats for you, Jesus_puncher)

All childishness beside, I dont believe in labels, but I try to use them to explain a bands sound to people as I hear it, so they can make a judgement on whether they would like it or not. I like metalcore, just not the word, because ppl automatically will assume it sucks.
08.07.2006 - 06:59
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
i like it... they sound good to me ... nice vocals
08.07.2006 - 18:45
fire101
Account deleted
Sweet, man. Dan Weydant is a motherfucker of a vocalist, the old guy was only okay.
08.07.2006 - 21:45
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 08.07.2006 at 02:41

Well...that's kinda the point of this forum...to learn. Anyways, yeah I agree with the "must be mature" bullshit. Oh well. Zao is cool.

.there's nothing wrong with learning about new genres and scenes.....i'll contradict myself and say everyone is guilty of labeling...however i noticed people on here are extremely anal about it...anways if you like Metalcore...Check out ,Botch,Cave in,Converge,Starkweather,Coalesce...good bands..all oldschool metalcore...one thing that pisses me off is how people think metalcore is something that just came out last year and they compare it with nu metal...when metalcore has been around since the early 90's
09.07.2006 - 01:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by [user id=14754] on 08.07.2006 at 21:45

.there's nothing wrong with learning about new genres and scenes.....i'll contradict myself and say everyone is guilty of labeling...however i noticed people on here are extremely anal about it...anways if you like Metalcore...Check out ,Botch,Cave in,Converge,Starkweather,Coalesce...good bands..all oldschool metalcore...one thing that pisses me off is how people think metalcore is something that just came out last year and they compare it with nu metal...when metalcore has been around since the early 90's

haha dude I think you have the wrong impression of me. I hate metalcore with a passion. I don't know what type of metal Zao is, but they definitely aren't your average metalcore band.
09.07.2006 - 19:56
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 09.07.2006 at 01:38

Written by [user id=14754] on 08.07.2006 at 21:45

haha dude I think you have the wrong impression of me. I hate metalcore with a passion. I don't know what type of metal Zao is, but they definitely aren't your average metalcore band.

yeah..to each their own however...atleast give the bands i mentioned a whirl when you get the chance...sound nothing like the Trendy ass cookiecutter Metalcore bands you hear on mtv2 or fuse...btw i like alot of the bands in your profile...the New Cattle Decapitation slit my throat
10.07.2006 - 00:22
fire101
Account deleted
@Jesus_Puncher: Those are some good ass bands, dude. I second his recomendations.
10.07.2006 - 01:07
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'll check them out. I've heard Botch and Converge but it has been a while.
10.07.2006 - 04:13
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Converge is probably one of the most creative and original bands in Punk/hardcore history,Jacob Bannon is a genius...great Painter as well..designs alot of bands' album art...oldschool metalcore scene in general is way sweeter...because alot of the bands incorporated sludgy/doom,noise rock influences into their music.....speaking of sludge/doom/noise, anyone into Rwake?
10.07.2006 - 18:57
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
@Jesus_Puncher

How typical American you are.....someone gives his opinion and like every "tough guy" cunt you have to steamroll all over them to make yourself look superior.

I really dont give a rats ass about what you say....i think metalcore is lame its my opinion so live with it. But like all you core fuckers you can only bring your point across by being total cunts - and i really dont have time for you. If you have a problem with people on this forum then fuck off....nobody told you to come here and nobody certainly asked you to be cunt...
10.07.2006 - 19:05
Stigmatized
Written by [user id=1909] on 10.07.2006 at 18:57

@Jesus_Puncher

How typical American you are.....someone gives his opinion and like every "tough guy" cunt you have to steamroll all over them to make yourself look superior.

I really dont give a rats ass about what you say....i think metalcore is lame its my opinion so live with it. But like all you core fuckers you can only bring your point across by being total cunts - and i really dont have time for you. If you have a problem with people on this forum then fuck off....nobody told you to come here and nobody certainly asked you to be cunt...

What was that American comment for?

For the record, no one asked you to be a cunt either man. This thread was actually going somewhere and no one was arguing anymore, then you come in with this. You seriously need to chill man.....so you have a difference of opinion, you could have gotten your point across some other way.
10.07.2006 - 23:54
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
For the record i did bring my point across until Jesus here went all ape-shit on me....it was uncalled for and Im not gonna back down from someone putting on a personal attack on me for raising my opinion.
10.07.2006 - 23:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
How typical South African you are...

And you said you didn't have time to talk on this thread, so don't
11.07.2006 - 01:13
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Oh really....so tell my fancy pants what is typical South African?
11.07.2006 - 01:22
Stigmatized
Written by [user id=1909] on 10.07.2006 at 23:54

For the record i did bring my point across until Jesus here went all ape-shit on me....it was uncalled for and Im not gonna back down from someone putting on a personal attack on me for raising my opinion.

It may have been uncalled for, and that was his bad. But you didn't have to jump down his throat either. That makes you just as bad as him. Plus, with my last reply to your post, I put myself on the same level.
11.07.2006 - 03:43
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
hmmm...threatening to kick someone in the face for mislabelling a band is not being a cunt eh?

interesting...

..why are you on this thread to begin with?,seeing how you're sooo "true" and look down on metalcore?.you started this by insulting zao/metalcore fans..and for what reason?...they called Zao Melodic Death?...lets be a douche about it why dont we..besides,someone already pointed Out that they're not Melodic Death,before you even posted.We get the point, They're not Melodic Death!..shut up already, .This is Quite Trivial...lets just End this...you hate metalcore/zao...whatever... no one is forcing you to be on this thread..so why waste your time? i'm trying to be civil here..
11.07.2006 - 03:45
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
btw ,its pretty lame that you put down my nationality...what does countries have to with anything...this is a debate about music
11.07.2006 - 07:50
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by [user id=1909] on 11.07.2006 at 01:13

Oh really....so tell my fancy pants what is typical South African?

It's called sarcasm. Get a clue
11.07.2006 - 07:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Anyways, fuck this bullshit. What did you guys think about the All Else Failed remake? I think they made it better but they kinda wasted their time because it still wasn't that good.
11.07.2006 - 22:40
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i prefer the original
11.07.2006 - 22:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Really? I didn't really care for that guy's voice. He's crazy live though. He would fuckin scream into the drum mic, run around, lay on the floor screaming and all that fun stuff. I just thought his voice was kinda weak compared to Dan's.
12.07.2006 - 07:52
fire101
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 11.07.2006 at 07:52

Anyways, fuck this bullshit. What did you guys think about the All Else Failed remake? I think they made it better but they kinda wasted their time because it still wasn't that good.

Zao has admitted to doing that to get some extra cash, actually....
12.07.2006 - 08:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
HA! nice.

eh, a lot of bands are guilty of doing that though.
12.07.2006 - 08:31
fire101
Account deleted
They actually admitted on their dvd The Lesser Lights Of Heaven.
12.07.2006 - 08:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Awesome.

Hey, speaking of that DVD, how is it? I don't know anything about it.
12.07.2006 - 08:45
fire101
Account deleted
Its pretty good. I havent seen all of it, seems how it lasts forever. In fact, I dont even own it. My friend does, and we watched it once.
12.07.2006 - 08:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmmm, I'm thinking I should check it out.

The DVD that came with their newest cd was pretty good. I thought it was funny when Steve Albini was talking shit about St. Anger.
12.07.2006 - 09:52
fire101
Account deleted
I got just the cd version, so I havent seen it.
13.07.2006 - 03:16
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 11.07.2006 at 22:58

Really? I didn't really care for that guy's voice. He's crazy live though. He would fuckin scream into the drum mic, run around, lay on the floor screaming and all that fun stuff. I just thought his voice was kinda weak compared to Dan's.

it takes a while to get used to it to some i guess...