Metal Storm logo
Beherit

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 19.05.2006 - 13:08
Pretty much a legendary band amongst black metallers, due to 'Drawing Down The Moon' and 'The Oath of Black Blood' releases (but more so the former). Apparently though this band were quite hated, any insight into why would be interesting to hear.

Their early career consisted of quite nasty and raw (in a good way) sounding black metal before moving on to the midpaced, ambient fused brilliance of DDTM which truly is a groundbreaking album and a joy to listen to. After this they abandoned black metal in favour of some kind of electronic ambient hybrid which I'm not too familar with.

A very interesting band to say the least.
22.08.2006 - 12:54
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Clintagräm on 20.08.2006 at 20:08

Written by Himann on 20.08.2006 at 12:45

Written by Hylia on 20.05.2006 at 01:06

I dont understand why people would hate Beherit,they are one of my favorite bands.Oath of the Black Blood was a great album.Their vocals are very unique,I agree with Sinsanity the Gate of Nanna is also one of my favorite songs,the vocals on that song are just amazing.

I definitely agree. But I guess it could be cause of the brutal sound of their music. I would actually label them as Brutal Black Metal. Well they could be hated due to the extreme religious beliefs which are portrayed by this band both in lyrics and image (but many bands are like that so I doubt this is the reason)..

I never took Beherit as really serious in their "message" if they even have one. I think they are just being evil for the sake of being as evil as fuck.

Well many bands do that cause Black Metal music is almost destined to be evil although not all bands follow this principle. I guess its just a general perception of Black Metal being evil. I think the guy above had a very good point but were they the first to use those sounds???
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
30.08.2006 - 14:34
Throne of Rats
Pretty sick band I must say..
Evil I Like the song Solomons Gate?? I think thats it..
WOuld anybody recomend a good album of theirs to buy?
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
30.08.2006 - 17:17
Basso
Account deleted
I have Drawing Down The moon and it was enjoyable, but I didnt really get that Wooow feeling. maybe ill have to spin it some more times.
02.09.2006 - 08:33
Hylia
Written by [user id=5080] on 21.08.2006 at 00:10

I dont understand why people would hate Beherit,they are one of my favorite bands.Oath of the Black Blood was a great album.Their vocals are very unique,I agree with Sinsanity the Gate of Nanna is also one of my favorite songs,the vocals on that song are just amazing.

People would hate Beherit because they were probably the only band at the early 90s that dare to use elements totally banned from "true" BM, like electronic bases and distorted vocals.

Yeah people can be so close minded sometimes,although im being somewhat of a hypocrite for saying that.
02.09.2006 - 18:04
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Hylia on 02.09.2006 at 08:33

People would hate Beherit because they were probably the only band at the early 90s that dare to use elements totally banned from "true" BM, like electronic bases and distorted vocals.

Yeah people can be so close minded sometimes,although im being somewhat of a hypocrite for saying that.

I don't know if "hypocrite" is the proper word on this case, but it's certainly ridiculous.
03.09.2006 - 20:44
Hylia
Written by [user id=5080] on 02.09.2006 at 18:04

I don't know if "hypocrite" is the proper word on this case, but it's certainly ridiculous.

Im not using that term to describe people who dislike Beherit im saying I am being sort of a hypocrite for calling them close minded because I myself only listen to metal.
04.09.2006 - 08:41
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Hylia on 03.09.2006 at 20:44

Written by [user id=5080] on 02.09.2006 at 18:04

Im not using that term to describe people who dislike Beherit im saying I am being sort of a hypocrite for calling them close minded because I myself only listen to metal.

lol , i dont think that there is any proper reason to HATE Beherit. They are awesome and the stuff they gave is worth mentioning. I even like old stuff , hellhammer , Von , Sarcofago , Root ... there are few more old bands of late 80's which are fking enjoyable. Its the first wave i guess ... old school PWNAGE.
07.09.2006 - 15:58
Vintervarg
Account deleted
Beherit rulz. Both the Black Metal albums and those dark ambients. I like the chaotic atmosphere of Beherit.
15.11.2006 - 11:00
Vakshay
Account deleted
Everytime I put in DDTM the whole (bed)room tends to fill with an intoxicatingly evil atmosphere. Probably moreso due to the actual themes and aura surrounding the album. I say this because Beherit were probably one of the only bands of their time to go beyond the 'christianity sux' attitude of a lot of their contemporaries and instead commit themselves fully to occult mysticism and satanic principle. Its all very devilish and it would seem by the sounds of that particular album that they take the satanic references quite seriously. I guess they were 'ahead of their time' if you like, so it doesn't surprise me that Holocausto went on to leave the metal field entirely.

My favorite song would have to be Summerlands as strange as it may seem. I've heard many people say it doesn't belong on the album but I think it fits perfectly. Probably the most disturbing piece of music I have ever heard. I always get strange visions/thoughts when listening to it and an overwhelming sense of paranoia. Awesome!
03.01.2007 - 18:31
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Downloaded a couple tracks from both 'The Oak Of Black Blood' and 'Drawing Down The Moon' albums and its pretty impressive. Both albums I'd consider buying if I had the chance.

I do have one track from the Messe Des Morts album titled 'Seventh Blasphemy' ... man that production is harsh haha although it does add to the 'evilness' of the track imo.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
03.01.2007 - 18:52
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
they've grown one me but not one of my favourite bands.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
31.03.2007 - 00:43
Southern Wind
Account deleted
What do you think about the side-project Black Crucifixion??? I listened once to Faustian Dreams and found it pretty awesome
31.03.2007 - 09:58
X-pert74
Account deleted
Beherit were hated because they were followers of LaVeyan Satanism. Anyways, I have The Oath Of Black Blood, and I love it. It's one of the most intense albums I've ever listened to. I haven't gotten Drawing Down The Moon still though, because I've heard about how different it is from The Oath Of Black Blood, and have been hesitant to check it out anytime soon. I think I'll get it someday, though.
31.03.2007 - 18:15
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Beherit , I like

I have one beherit tee , this on the back.

25.05.2007 - 00:48
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Very good band, I have Drawing Down the Moon. I like it alot! The vocals great, I love the dark atmosphere...

Has anyone even heard the music from "Fuck Beherit" ??
25.05.2007 - 10:43
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I dont think there is any reason to check the band , making a wanna be name aint that sufficient reason to listen the band.

26.05.2007 - 00:20
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Yeah, I was just wondering what it sounds like.....
26.05.2007 - 01:15
Kurzag
Account deleted
Wierd band, but I like it. DDTM is truly a masterpiece.
09.08.2007 - 22:21
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Holocausto is interested in black metal again and beherit might reform.

Source: Werwolf/Satanic Warmaster - FMP forum.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
09.08.2007 - 22:32
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by -tom- on 09.08.2007 at 22:21

Holocausto is interested in black metal again and beherit might reform.

Source: Werwolf/Satanic Warmaster - FMP forum.

I don't usually give immediate welcomes to "back-to-roots" after so long, but this time should be the exception... I would be extremely interested in listening to a new Beherit album, and I have to say I truly liked Black Crucifixion, other project in which Holocausto was involved.

your new avatar works on my nerves
09.08.2007 - 23:53
mankvill
Drawing Down The Moon is pretty good for black metal, but after that, it's "meh".

Interesting that there was a band called "Fuck Beherit" during the Swedish/Norwegian BM feud. XD
10.08.2007 - 04:06
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by mankvill on 09.08.2007 at 23:53

Drawing Down The Moon is pretty good for black metal, but after that, it's "meh".

Interesting that there was a band called "Fuck Beherit" during the Swedish/Norwegian BM feud. XD

Well, Beherit seemed to be pretty hated by the troo kvlt black metal scene of the early 90s, and if you ask me that's a point in their favor... I always try to check bands that were despised by Euronymous and co. Beherit always cared more about getting stunned rather than capturing the true essence of evil and all that shit, and well the result was awesome.
10.08.2007 - 07:55
mankvill
Written by [user id=5080] on 10.08.2007 at 04:06

Written by mankvill on 09.08.2007 at 23:53

Well, Beherit seemed to be pretty hated by the troo kvlt black metal scene of the early 90s, and if you ask me that's a point in their favor... I always try to check bands that were despised by Euronymous and co. Beherit always cared more about getting stunned rather than capturing the true essence of evil and all that shit, and well the result was awesome.

I didn't know that it was Euryonymous and co. that didn't like Beherit, I thought it was Swedish bands.
10.08.2007 - 19:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good finsih band realy good shame that thay splitt up, I like Drawing Down the Moon, and The Oath of Black Blood I mena its moustly what I had hear, ok its more BM, but alöso I like Dark ambient music too specely The Oath of Black Blood
Good band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.08.2008 - 15:55
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
This flyer might be of interest. I don't know if it's still available but it's pretty new. Someone just started a thread about over at NWN.

----

Read Watchmen.
17.08.2008 - 16:08
TheBigRossowski
I think hatred came from the ambient crazy shit, but I haven't met too many people who hate Beherit. Most of them love the old shit!

Anyone got to listen to listen to Archgoat's Whore of Bethlehem? Its so new, but has that same classic old sound. When I say new, I mean...beyond 2005 as well.

Wasn't a big fan at first, but Beherit definitely grew on me!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
18.08.2008 - 23:07
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Holy heck, I recently acquired their 'Electric Doom Synthesis' release and was totally blown away. In fact I think I may like it even more than DDTM. As a quasi-metal/electro/ambient release it matches their earlier black metal stuff to a surprising degree. The song 'Dead Inside' must have had 10 consecutive plays it was just that good. Actually, atmospherically, it reminded me a lot of Sunn O)))'s 'It Took The Night To Believe' ie. conveying a terrifying alien landscape. Both songs remind me of the remake of War Of The Worlds particularly the scene where you first see the decimation of the landscape as the alien machines spray human entrails all over it making it blood red. This album would be an ideal soundtrack for that film. Awesome stuff.
18.08.2008 - 23:17
MathC
Account deleted
Dead Inside is one of the most oppressing song over written. Fuckin heavy stuff.
18.09.2008 - 18:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
found Drawing Down the Moon somewhere on my computer last night and couldnt be happier.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.09.2008 - 19:33
SK921
Account deleted
I've heard of Beherit but I never really gave them a listen. Any recomended albums I should listen too?