Metal Storm logo
Ill Niño

Original post

Posted by IllNiñoSweden, 18.12.2007 - 21:15
Ill Niño comes from USA - New Jersey. Ill Niño has released four albums, the fifth album will be released in January 2008. I can hardly wait. I have already heard several songs and they are awesome great! Ill Niño is a latin metal band. I hope metalstorm will add the band Ill Niño. Because it is a very good metal band with interesting latin influences.
Here are their myspace link: http://www.myspace.com/illnino
And here are their website: http://www.illnino.com

And under this text you can write what you think about Ill Niño!!
15.01.2008 - 07:26
Fuath
i hate ill nino, they sound too much like trivium, or trivium sound too much like them
either way, to be honest, this is one of the worst bands ive heard, being only 15 i havent "experienced" many metal bands as such, mind you ive heard alot of shit bands; AFI, trivium etc etc
but all the newer bands such as ill nino, trivium, slipknot etc couldnt be further from metal
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

19.01.2008 - 20:17
IllNiñoSweden
Written by Fuath on 15.01.2008 at 07:26

i hate ill nino, they sound too much like trivium, or trivium sound too much like them
either way, to be honest, this is one of the worst bands ive heard, being only 15 i havent "experienced" many metal bands as such, mind you ive heard alot of shit bands; AFI, trivium etc etc
but all the newer bands such as ill nino, trivium, slipknot etc couldnt be further from metal

I feel sorry for you man!!
It's of course a matter of taste and what kind of metal genre one like but don't throw great metal bands like Slipknot and Ill Nino in the dirt. You have to be more specific if you want to have a opinion. Just to say they are shit don't count.
19.01.2008 - 22:52
Fuath
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 19.01.2008 at 20:17

It's of course a matter of taste and what kind of metal genre one like but don't throw great metal bands like Slipknot and Ill Nino in the dirt. You have to be more specific if you want to have a opinion. Just to say they are shit don't count.

i really hate nu metal, i dont even know who created it, i dont really want to know,
but all the music these bands produce is an attempt to be better than everyone else,
they dont try to be original, or they do try, but it sure as hell doesnt work
ill nino and trivium piss me off majorly, they cant decide whether or not to use clean or harsh vocals, plus their harsh vocals arent really a growl, they are more of a "shit taking" sound
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

20.01.2008 - 22:23
IllNiñoSweden
Written by Fuath on 19.01.2008 at 22:52

i really hate nu metal, i dont even know who created it, i dont really want to know,
but all the music these bands produce is an attempt to be better than everyone else,
ill nino and trivium piss me off majorly, they cant decide whether or not to use clean or harsh vocals, plus their harsh vocals arent really a growl, they are more of a "shit taking" sound

That´s a opinion Fuath! But as you can see I don't agree with you!
21.01.2008 - 00:05
Fuath
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 20.01.2008 at 22:23

thats understandable
you dont like shit like trivium do you?
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

21.01.2008 - 21:08
IllNiñoSweden
Written by Fuath on 21.01.2008 at 00:05

thats understandable

Of course I like Trivium! And I have seen them live, they really gave the audience a great gig!! I have seen them on "The Black Crusade - tour", but my favorite band on "The Black Crusade - tour" is of course MACHINE HEAD - they always kick ass!!
21.01.2008 - 23:55
Fuath
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 21.01.2008 at 21:08

Written by Fuath on 21.01.2008 at 00:05

thats understandable

Of course I like Trivium! And I have seen them live, they really gave the audience a great gig!! I have seen them on "The Black Crusade - tour", but my favorite band on "The Black Crusade - tour" is of course MACHINE HEAD - they always kick ass!!

i cant stand any of them,
i downloaded trivium a while back for a friend, i started listening to it, my first thought was wtf?
but theyre up themselves, much further than any band i know
i read somewhere that they consider themselves the new metallica
machione head on the other hand, i downloaded an album of theirs, i think it was blackened
i thought they were all right
so i decided to get hold of the other albums
and now i hate them too
what would people classify ill nino, trivium and machine head to be, because it isnt really the music im into,
so i guess you cant really put them into thrash, black, power, death, melodic etc..........
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

22.01.2008 - 01:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Fuath on 21.01.2008 at 23:55

what would people classify ill nino, trivium and machine head to be, because it isnt really the music im into,
so i guess you cant really put them into thrash, black, power, death, melodic etc..........

What are you saying? That because you don't like them, those bands aren't Metal?
----
22.01.2008 - 02:16
Fuath
Written by Warman on 22.01.2008 at 01:55

Written by Fuath on 21.01.2008 at 23:55

What are you saying? That because you don't like them, those bands aren't Metal?

i dunno, do you classify them as metal?
most of the shit i listen too, they sound completely different
i dont think theyre metal
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

22.01.2008 - 02:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Fuath on 22.01.2008 at 02:16

It's definetly Metal, just because you don't like anything, it doesn't mean that they're not Metal. Ill Niño is Alternative/Nu Metal, Trivium is Heavy/Alternative/Thrash Metal and Machine Head is Groove/Thrash Metal. If they're not Metal, what are they?
----
22.01.2008 - 05:42
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Warman on 22.01.2008 at 02:28

It's definetly Metal, just because you don't like anything, it doesn't mean that they're not Metal. Ill Niño is Alternative/Nu Metal, Trivium is Heavy/Alternative/Thrash Metal and Machine Head is Groove/Thrash Metal. If they're not Metal, what are they?

I couldn't agree more. There are bandsa I don't like, but they will always be metal to me... Exmaple I don't like Mötörhead at all, but they're metal. Ill Niño is alternative, because they add those cool precussions. While most Nu is pretty simple (And by that I don't mean bad), Ill Niño has that percussions that make them pretty nice. Spite wht Fuath says, they're metal.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.01.2008 - 07:24
Fuath

id consider them hard rock
i didnt mean to say theyre not metal, just because i dont like them
i just cant see the metal in them
groove metal? what is that?
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

22.01.2008 - 20:49
IllNiñoSweden

Thanks brother Warman for your clear statement!!
22.01.2008 - 20:54
IllNiñoSweden
Written by Fuath on 22.01.2008 at 07:24

Listen for example to Pantera. 1990-2001 there you find Groove and Thrash!
22.01.2008 - 21:07
IllNiñoSweden
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 22.01.2008 at 05:42

I couldn't agree more. There are bandsa I don't like, but they will always be metal to me... Exmaple I don't like Mötörhead at all, but they're metal. Ill Niño is alternative, because they add those cool precussions. While most Nu is pretty simple (And by that I don't mean bad), Ill Niño has that percussions that make them pretty nice. Spite wht Fuath says, they're metal.

Ill Niños percussions are damn so cool! I absolutely second that!
22.01.2008 - 21:18
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Fuath on 22.01.2008 at 07:24

Listen to Machine Head.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
23.01.2008 - 00:07
Fuath
ah pantera, so thats groove, been doing some research, and what about anthrax?groove too?
@ jonas: yeah man, ive listened to them, i started with blackened, one of the songs was all right, so i decided to get another album, but it sukced majorly, so i deleted all of machine head
but machine head doesnt sound like pantera or anthrax?

@ill nino, i remember having i think 2 or 3 albums of theirs,(ill nino's) i still wouldnt classify them as metal though
but i must admit, the purcussions are actually kinda nice
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

23.01.2008 - 03:53
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Fuath on 23.01.2008 at 00:07

ah pantera, so thats groove, been doing some research, and what about anthrax?groove too?
@ jonas: yeah man, ive listened to them, i started with blackened, one of the songs was all right, so i decided to get another album, but it sukced majorly, so i deleted all of machine head

@ill nino, i remember having i think 2 or 3 albums of theirs,(ill nino's) i still wouldnt classify them as metal though

Early Machine Head (their first two albums) are more groove orientated, so is all of Pantera's discography from CBFH onwards, as well as both albums by Exhorder, which blow these other two bands out of the water

EDIT: Anthrax is just typical NY Thrash, up to Persistence of Time, then they changed to Heavy, as it says in their band info here, on this site
23.01.2008 - 04:15
Fuath
Written by [user id=12867] on 23.01.2008 at 03:53

Early Machine Head (their first two albums) are more groove orientated, so is all of Pantera's discography from CBFH onwards, as well as both albums by Exhorder, which blow these other two bands out of the water

EDIT: Anthrax is just typical NY Thrash, up to Persistence of Time, then they changed to Heavy, as it says in their band info here, on this site

ah, i see
exhorder you say, well, ill give em a look, any particular album?
oh, so not groove, well, ill find out who told me that, and ummmm.................tell them theyre wrong
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

23.01.2008 - 08:04
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Fuath on 23.01.2008 at 04:15

Written by [user id=12867] on 23.01.2008 at 03:53

ah, i see
exhorder you say, well, ill give em a look, any particular album?
oh, so not groove, well, ill find out who told me that, and ummmm.................tell them theyre wrong

"Slaughter in the Vatican" is their masterpiece

And yes, that person doesn't know what they're on about

Best to stop the derailing here
23.01.2008 - 22:24
IllNiñoSweden
Only talk about Ill Niño now!!
17.03.2008 - 22:38
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Has anyone heard Gothic Slam?
----
Christless
20.03.2008 - 15:52
IllNiñoSweden
Written by Darth Satanious on 17.03.2008 at 22:38

No, have you a MySpace link or YouTube link to them??
20.03.2008 - 15:59
IllNiñoSweden
I have the new album with Ill Niño (Enigma). It is a HELLYEAH album!!
20.03.2008 - 17:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Mmmm
Nop...
I don't like them... Nü metal will always be a crappy genre for me. [ecept for early Korn]
The only good thing was the drumming... The guitarrs and vocals are overrated IMO.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.03.2008 - 07:37
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 20.03.2008 at 15:52

Written by Darth Satanious on 17.03.2008 at 22:38

No, have you a MySpace link or YouTube link to them??

The two full-lengths:

http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/GothicSlam.html

http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/GothicSlam2.html

and the video for "Who Died And Made You God":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2jeQ9F8RoI

Just pure Thrash.
----
Christless
30.04.2008 - 17:01
IllNiñoSweden
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.03.2008 at 17:45

Mmmm
Nop...
I don't like them... Nü metal will always be a crappy genre for me. [ecept for early Korn]
The only good thing was the drumming... The guitarrs and vocals are overrated IMO.

Ill Niño are not only Nu metal. They genre are latin metal and alternative metal.
Because I have asked Ill Niños vocals Cristian Machado, before they had played in Stockholm Sweden.
But he said Ill Niño have three genrer nu metal, latin metal and alternative metal.
01.05.2008 - 08:06
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 30.04.2008 at 17:01

Mmmm
Nop...

Ill Niño are not only Nu metal. They genre are latin metal and alternative metal.
Because I have asked Ill Niños vocals Cristian Machado, before they had played in Stockholm Sweden.
But he said Ill Niño have three genrer nu metal, latin metal and alternative metal.

I like some ill niño rythms but it's not the sound i'm into, so my friend, i recommend you to listen Angra's material, it's better than Ill niño (a LOT better).
07.05.2008 - 21:04
IllNiñoSweden
Written by Vinnie R. on 01.05.2008 at 08:06

Mmmm
Nop...

I like some ill niño rythms but it's not the sound i'm into, so my friend, i recommend you to listen Angra's material, it's better than Ill niño (a LOT better).

Angra are OK I like the guitars in the songs. But they are not my cup of tea (vocals). Sorry man, but thanks for the tip.
23.05.2008 - 22:29
Gordon Freeman

Mmmm
Nop...

Latin Metal doesn't exist anymore then Panda Metal or Marshmellow Metal. Please stop making up sub-genres to justify the metalness of non-metal bands. It's starting to get really ridiculous...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking