Metal Storm logo
Nickelback

Original post

Posted by Pierre Tombale, 16.06.2006 - 21:07
I wonder what you people think about Nickelback.
I've seen them live last month and they convinced me with performance and quality.
I have none of their albums yet. It is said that their albums are rather short in playing time.

Discography:
All The Right Reasons (2005)
The Long Road (2003)
Silver Side Up (2001)
The State (2000)
Curb (2000)
site: http://www.nickelback.com/
24.03.2007 - 19:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=2084] on 24.03.2007 at 19:03

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 24.03.2007 at 03:24

Written by Doc G. on 10.01.2007 at 23:18

Nickleback has to be one of the most boring so called 'rock' bands on this planet (with U2 coming in close second).

Watch your words kid. Don't mess with U2. They're one of teh greatest rock bands ever.

U2 is a boring band...at least, they're been a boring band for 13 years with Zooapra being their last interesting album...they were good for 13 years but are now just rehashing...and that the hell was Discoteque? Common, you can't call them the greatest rock band ever...Bono is a pompus English douchbag and The Edge dishes out some of the most boring riffs and chord pattern in the world...

I'm not saying The Greatest, but one of teh greatest. Discotheque was a downpoint, but all their albums are pretty cool. But we're getting way offtopic and it's a matter of taste. I like them, if you don't it's not my bussines, and I won't try to convince you to like them.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
24.03.2007 - 20:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I like a lot of songs by U2 actually...you're right though...way off topic...

However...the only reason why we're getting off topic is because...well, there really isn't too much to say about Nickelback

Everything to say about them has probably been covered already...no?
01.01.2008 - 06:17
Demonmayonnaise
I hate them! I have a friend whose favorite band is Nickelback, and he said the stupidest shit ever. "Nickelback is the next Led Zeppelin" pshhhh. What an idiot.
05.01.2008 - 02:10
IllNiñoSweden
Nickelback was one of the first bands with little metal I started to like. I think they are OK though they are too commercial. I have one album with them "All The Right Reasons".
06.01.2008 - 14:34
Coté
I think they're pretty good.
I have the albums (not origina) "All The right Reason" and "The Long Road"

They really calm me when I just want to relax, and some songs are really touching.
I would like to see them live, so I can get a real second opinion about them since it's not the same to listen to the album than listen to them live
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
10.02.2008 - 12:04
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
The main reason i like this sort of band, or even msot bands i like come to think of it, are the lyrics and whether i can relate to the song. Tracks like 'How You Remind Me' which was probably the first i heard and 'Someday' which are pretty similar songs i can relate to but they are definately songs that make me go all girly and cry! haha 'Rockstar' reminds me so much of Kid Rock who i'm a big fan of as well and having a song about something other than love, heartbreak blah blah blah is fantastic. It gets me singing every time!

I like the band, i like the music. I wouldnt' say i'm a massive fan, i have a couple of albums, but generally i like the music.
27.08.2008 - 15:11
Abattoir
Staff
Generally I don't like their music too much, but I like one song though...it's called ''Animals''. I realy enjoy this one, fast and a little bit more agressive from the rest of staff...well, maybe there is also something similar to this one, but I didn't check all their songs.
27.08.2008 - 16:00
Frankenchrist
can't stand em.
----
Blat Blat
09.09.2008 - 20:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Why does everyone seem to hate Nickelback? They're not that bad...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

09.09.2008 - 22:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 09.09.2008 at 20:39

their newer singles, Rock Star and Photograph aren't really stunning but Hero, This is How You Remind Me, Where Do I Hide Just For(pretty heavy tracks imo) are all at least good. "Hero" is my fav song by them.
09.09.2008 - 22:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 09.09.2008 at 22:39

their newer singles, Rock Star and Photograph aren't really stunning but Hero, This is How You Remind Me, Where Do I Hide Just For(pretty heavy tracks imo) are all at least good. "Hero" is my fav song by them.

"Silver Side Up is a pretty enjoyable album IMO.
----

09.09.2008 - 22:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 09.09.2008 at 22:39

Written by Valentin B on 09.09.2008 at 22:39

"Silver Side Up is a pretty enjoyable album IMO.

if i remember correctly kinda yeah, but i haven't listened to them in AGES
09.09.2008 - 22:42
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I listened to the album on saturday morning. It's a nice algum to get up and have breakfast and do housework
----

10.09.2008 - 18:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Because they are really bland. The whole "Theoryofanicklecreed" reason. That and they are "Jock Rock" over here, being played mostly by wannabe cowboys (in my city at least). So even if I did enjoy the music, it would be hard for me to get into because every time I hear the music I can't help thinking of getting pushed around by some insecure dufus in a cowboy hat.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.09.2008 - 19:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Doc G. on 10.09.2008 at 18:25

Because they are really bland. The whole "Theoryofanicklecreed" reason. That and they are "Jock Rock" over here, being played mostly by wannabe cowboys (in my city at least). So even if I did enjoy the music, it would be hard for me to get into because every time I hear the music I can't help thinking of getting pushed around by some insecure dufus in a cowboy hat.

I see. Here they're a fairly popular band between teh "rockers" but most metalheads I knwo hate it for a similar reason. Tehy say it's "almost country"
----

10.09.2008 - 19:46
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.09.2008 at 19:43

Written by Doc G. on 10.09.2008 at 18:25

I see. Here they're a fairly popular band between teh "rockers" but most metalheads I knwo hate it for a similar reason. Tehy say it's "almost country"

It pretty much is like....nu-country haha. But yeah, most middle aged yuppies go ape shit for it over here because the band happens to be from the same province.
----
- George Carlin
10.09.2008 - 19:58
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well the band couldn't forget their province roots lol
----

26.01.2009 - 23:01
metalhead3
Nickelback is good.i have one album of them and some songs are great but some isn't good.rockstar is great song and photograph is great song.
29.01.2009 - 05:18
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There new album is a weak effort and I am tired of it being played on the radio all the time...
15.04.2009 - 19:07
Crimson Lily
Account deleted
I like the band. My favorite song would have to be ''Hero''...and there's that other song that I also like but I don't remember the title....let me check. Oh, I think it's ''Someday''. Well, that's also a favorite of mine. I have ''Hero'' as one of the songs you can practice with in my synthesizer (is this correctly written??) actually. And actually that's where I first heard it, but I didn't know it was their song at the time. But I remember loving the melody! Later I found out it was their song and was pleasantly surprised by the band. And I have since I was a teen, liked ''Someday'', I remember it was being played a lot on TV, but I didn't mind, I liked it.

So yeah, a good band, I like 'em.
16.05.2009 - 12:14
Italics
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 01.01.2008 at 06:17

I hate them! I have a friend whose favorite band is Nickelback, and he said the stupidest shit ever. "Nickelback is the next Led Zeppelin" pshhhh. What an idiot.

I absolutely cannot stand this band.
Their singer tries so hard to be the next Kurt C./Billy corgan/whatever. 100% pop radio band with no nuts to write something interesting... they are only interested in being on the radio. Well good for them, they've succeeded at that. Their music, however, sucks balls.
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
20.05.2009 - 02:39
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Besides the fact that this god-awful band produces the lamest, substance-less, mediocre music I've EVER HEARD, I can not like a band as blatantly unauthentic as Nickelback. Seriously. I can't find it now, but I remember reading an interview with the singer, and he said something along the lines of, "We just make our music. People buy it. I don't look at it any different as me being a lumberjack. It's JUST a job." Seriously, FUCK that guy. No musical integrity at all. And what really drives me FUCKING NUTS is how all these dumbass, brain-less whiteys that I'm surrounded by tell me that they are the best fucking band ever. Makes me SO FUCKING SICK. I'm talking about ASS-MUNCHERS that can't relate to any other lyrical content in music if it isn't about "missing friends/girlfriends" or "sucking dick". They are ON THE RADIO. They are ON THE TV. They are IN MY FUCKING NIGHTMARES!!!

............k. I'm done.
20.05.2009 - 23:17
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 20.05.2009 at 02:39

...I'm talking about ASS-MUNCHERS that can't relate to any other lyrical content in music if it isn't about "missing friends/girlfriends" or "sucking dick"....

....And Nickelback is the master of stating such contents as ridiculous as possible: "Is that your hand on my girlfriend" WTF?!
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
21.05.2009 - 01:24
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by AiwiAstwihad on 20.05.2009 at 23:17

...I'm talking about ASS-MUNCHERS that can't relate to any other lyrical content in music if it isn't about "missing friends/girlfriends" or "sucking dick"....

....And Nickelback is the master of stating such contents as ridiculous as possible: "Is that your hand on my girlfriend" WTF?!

I think the next song I write will quote that, and the response will be,

"No Chad Kroeger, that's my hand IN your girlfriend. And guess what? You aren't going to write a song about this incident of "life", because even though any dumbass could relate to a song about someone stealing your girlfriend, directly quoting me would be risky. I mean, for the sake of your JOB, it would be too inappropriate... might not sell as well... Because god knows your are, well... a pussy. OH and being blatantly raw in lyrical content of HOW YOU REALLY FEEL, might be risky too. I mean, god help Nickelback had any personalty or character to their music."

Yeah, all that will be the lyrics of the song... Quite poetic, I think...
21.05.2009 - 08:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 21.05.2009 at 01:24

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 20.05.2009 at 23:17

I think the next song I write will quote that, and the response will be,

"No Chad Kroeger, that's my hand IN your girlfriend. And guess what? You aren't going to write a song about this incident of "life", because even though any dumbass could relate to a song about someone stealing your girlfriend, directly quoting me would be risky. I mean, for the sake of your JOB, it would be too inappropriate... might not sell as well... Because god knows your are, well... a pussy. OH and being blatantly raw in lyrical content of HOW YOU REALLY FEEL, might be risky too. I mean, god help Nickelback had any personalty or character to their music."

Yeah, all that will be the lyrics of the song... Quite poetic, I think...

Include something about Chad Kroeger giving a bunch of people VD. I'm not fucking kidding, my friend grew up in the same town Nickelback comes from, and apparently Chad gave half the people in the town VD.
----
- George Carlin
21.05.2009 - 10:06
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 21.05.2009 at 08:40

Include something about Chad Kroeger giving a bunch of people VD. I'm not fucking kidding, my friend grew up in the same town Nickelback comes from, and apparently Chad gave half the people in the town VD.

Hahahaha!

Whoa, whoa, whoa... He/she didn't get it from him, I hope. I mean... shit... It's gotta be hard enough living in a town he's from...

Oh oh oh oh oh!... FUN FACT: Apparently Chad's last name Kroeger isn't his birth name. Really. He CHOSE that name.
24.05.2009 - 04:14
Lord_Regnier
Written by [user id=2084] on 29.01.2009 at 05:18

I am tired of it being played on the radio all the time...

Yeah, it's so annoying for that in Canada. You can't listen to radio for more than half an hour before they throw this fucking garbage at your face.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
06.06.2009 - 05:41
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Sure, they were always lame, and lately dangerously close to emo. But their first releases, and some of their most successful ballads are very good.

For the ones who have listened to Curb, it is easy to notice the difference. They were much more heavy, songs like ''Just Four'' and ''I Don't Have'' are excellent hard rock works. On the next album ''The State'', the balance between the radio ballads and the hard rock reachs perfection, and this is absolutly the best album.
''Silver Side Up'' and ''The Long Road'' have just a couple of very good songs

But the last album is the most pure shit i've ever heard, recommended to no one. Horrible album, the ballads are horribly sludgy, I feel ashamed just listening to the lyrics. If only the music was good I could stand the lyrics, like the previous albuns, but thats not the case.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
14.06.2009 - 13:45
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I've never heard a whole album of them. i've only heard some of their hits in radio 4-6 years ago and i have to say that they were very good in what they were doing...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.01.2010 - 03:30
Gathering Storm
Account deleted
Does anyone else think that the guy from Hinder has basically the same voice as Chad Kroeger? Not that I mind, I love that type of voice