Metal Storm logo
Demons & Wizards

Original post

Posted by __Az__, 20.05.2006 - 23:29
Demons & Wizards, the hybrid of Jon Schaffer (Iced Earth) and Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian), are an amazing band...

They have re-leased two top quality albums 'Demons & Wizards' and 'Touched By The Crimson King'... My personal favourite of the two is their self-titled debut, IMO its a mastpiece... The song writing is near perfection and lyrical themes are brilliant...

Hopefully, they'll decide to release another soon...

What does everyone else think?
30.01.2007 - 03:16
Empress
I have 3 Blind Guardians cds, 7 Iced Earth cds and both Demons & Wizards. I have seen both Iced Earth and Blind Guardian in concert but have not yet to see Demons & Wizards on stage (it would be cool). I have to say I love their music and I argree the Demons & Wizards S/T cd is one of my favorites.

Now playing;
Savatage " The Wake Of Magellan"
02.02.2007 - 16:07
baldur
Written by [user id=10972] on 27.01.2007 at 14:32

Blind guardian = Great
Iced Earth = Great
Demons and Wizards = Prove that there is no good idea to combinate cheese and icecream.

thats a lie my friend d&w are awesome.... you just have no clue man!
03.02.2007 - 16:31
Destiny
well i heard from a firend of mine that D&W have played on stage.Yes.....he has some songs of D&W that are recorded on stage but of course they aren't official...i couldn't get my hands of them to see if this rumor is true ...but it would be great only to know that D&W will play live ........................

P.s. to bad that Avantasia don't perform live
----
www.av-studio.org http://www.av-studio.org
03.02.2007 - 19:40
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted

this is really funny, i go 'off and on' with this band, sometimes i like them, then a long period of time later, I don't like them.....man I am finding I like them again. I just got to listen to them in small doses.

I still think they sound like an 'Americanized Blind Guardian' like how I said previously haha, but oh well. They are okay.
05.02.2007 - 14:15
Bankler
Account deleted
Written by baldur on 02.02.2007 at 16:07

Written by [user id=10972] on 27.01.2007 at 14:32

Blind guardian = Great
Iced Earth = Great
Demons and Wizards = Prove that there is no good idea to combinate cheese and icecream.

thats a lie my friend d&w are awesome.... you just have no clue man!

I´m afriad you've wrong dude. They are not as good as their creators.
05.02.2007 - 15:37
SteTech
Seeing as BG and IE are both playing Wacken this year, maybe Hansi could join IE and perform a couple of D&W songs?
05.02.2007 - 16:42
baldur
Written by SteTech on 05.02.2007 at 15:37

Seeing as BG and IE are both playing Wacken this year, maybe Hansi could join IE and perform a couple of D&W songs?

oh man this would be one more reason to go to wacken 07
05.02.2007 - 23:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by baldur on 05.02.2007 at 16:42

Written by SteTech on 05.02.2007 at 15:37

oh man this would be one more reason to go to wacken 07

Its be interesting how Hansi can play in BG and D$W same time
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.02.2007 - 16:05
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
They're an awesome band. Example: The great Led Zeppelin cover "Immigrant Song".
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
09.02.2007 - 13:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oskmrgo83 on 06.02.2007 at 16:05

They're an awesome band. Example: The great Led Zeppelin cover "Immigrant Song".

Indeed man

Its so powerfull and amazing song, realy stronger and heacyer how Led Zeppelin plays it
I know wjhat I will listen now
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.02.2007 - 15:33
Dominus
Account deleted
They are a great band but i feel angry because i have to wait a long time for a new album.They have both Hansi´s lyrics and great vocals and Jon´s thrashy stile of guitar sound.
10.02.2007 - 01:34
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Would be nice if the performed at Waken...and since both BG and IE are there it should be possible...just cross your fingers and hope
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
12.02.2007 - 16:14
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
I believe this band is really one of the best side-projects ever coz they're mixing two GODS and producing something really exceptional

P.S.:this is my 1000 post, HOOORRRAAAAYYYYYY
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
15.02.2007 - 07:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
There cover of 'Immigrant Song' is so heavy...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.02.2007 - 03:14
Soundchaserdude
Account deleted
dark and heavy with catchy choruses

they're good but BG is better
18.02.2007 - 23:52
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Doc G. on 15.02.2007 at 07:04

There cover of 'Immigrant Song' is so heavy...

Yeah it sends shivers down my spine, But I'd have to say that the Gunslinger is the most kickass-alicious song on the second album.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
19.02.2007 - 00:14
Remus
Written by [user id=10972] on 05.02.2007 at 14:15

Guy, you can't say wether they're as good as their creators or not! I, along many others, think they are while you think they're not! See, it's a matter of opinion!

I think both the albums kick ass ( the first one kicking marginnally more ass) and will wait for the next one(if there will be such a thing) regardless of how long it will take to make.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
20.02.2007 - 10:35
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Remus: agee. Taste is a matter of opinion and can therefore not be discussed. But I also agree with Bankler: I don't like them as much as their creators, at least not as much as BG
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.02.2007 - 17:02
Bankler
Account deleted
Written by Remus on 19.02.2007 at 00:14

Written by [user id=10972] on 05.02.2007 at 14:15

Guy, you can't say wether they're as good as their creators or not! I, along many others, think they are while you think they're not! See, it's a matter of opinion!

I think both the albums kick ass ( the first one kicking marginnally more ass) and will wait for the next one(if there will be such a thing) regardless of how long it will take to make.

Well, thats my opinion.
22.02.2007 - 21:59
Remus
^^ That's cool , but that's certainly not my opinion..
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
11.03.2007 - 19:25
Anathemani@c
I dont think Demons&Wizards will ever release a song like Blood in my hands or the fiddler of green!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
11.03.2007 - 19:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the immigrant song cover is fucking thrash ownage! too bad not hansi nor schaffer wrote something similar in the recent years.
11.03.2007 - 19:48
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Valentin B on 11.03.2007 at 19:35

the immigrant song cover is fucking thrash ownage! too bad not hansi nor schaffer wrote something similar in the recent years.

Hell yeah it is! But really, I like Wicked whitch, the gunslinger, and Crimson King better.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
12.05.2007 - 17:02
__Az__
Yeah, same, although they have released a few really good tracks on that album...

immagrant song is not one of the best.... I personally prefer Crimson king and Dorian.
13.05.2007 - 00:23
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
The band is really good indeed, I got their two albums, I just have to listen to them more carefully, so far, what I've heard is very good
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
13.05.2007 - 02:24
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Well, D&W album, nothing special, few interesting songs, Id like to hear Crimson King.... Though Id like it more than new Iced Earth.... Ripper + Iced Earth - no way man... Worst thing tjat happened to meatl.
----
04.06.2007 - 14:04
Demonheart
Account deleted
kariasakiiiiiiiiii 7777 panatha reeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
04.06.2007 - 21:13
Dirt pride
Account deleted
i only have crimson king and its pretty epic, and the guitar work is great, i do feel it is a bit over produced though, anyone else agree?
06.06.2007 - 14:08
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Written by [user id=810] on 04.06.2007 at 21:13

i only have crimson king and its pretty epic, and the guitar work is great, i do feel it is a bit over produced though, anyone else agree?

I dont think its overproduced, its just typical clear and sharp production as power metal dose require for the speed its generally played at in the fast songs. Besides there is no way the production could kill Hansi Kursch's voice.
Ladys and gentlemen this is one of the greatest projects ever concieved. The combination of Jon Schaffer and Hansi Kursch is simply unbelieveable. The first Demons & Wizards was an awesome album... but Touched by the Crimson King is one of the best albums released in years.
06.06.2007 - 17:00
Dirt pride
Account deleted
well maybe im wrong but it does in no way take away from the music, and i agree hansis voice is awesome on this and all of his stuff.
great album