Metal Storm logo
Discuss the last documentary movie you saw

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 10.04.2007 - 14:05
Since heer are treads about movies, I decide to open new one about documentaries

Ok I was watching nice and interesting movie about some national park in South Bulgaria near Greece border and also about area, nature, mountains, animals and thinks like that, hahah I also saw wineyards and Bulgarian wine,
Balkans realy are last part in Europe where nature are ancient and like those days when eart was young, ppl still looks likie in 19th century, no sign of civilisation, awsomke movie!
10.06.2009 - 13:43
terrorist
Children Of The Grave.Scaryyyyyyyyyy,i liked it very much.I recommend it,it's about ghost children who were killed because they were orphans.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
18.07.2009 - 22:31
tulkas
el parcero
Trumbo - This documentary talks about the US writer Dalton Trumbo, and all the controversy he caused due to his personality, and all the problems screenwriters started to have with the government, who tagged them as communists, and putting them on the "black list". The really cool thing about the film was that it was based on film done on him, actors reading out Trumbo's letters which were great, and also film on the trials the government had on actors, directors and screenwriters.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
19.07.2009 - 14:25
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Supersize Me

A guy ate McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner during a 30 day span and had periodic checkups with doctors during his death sentence
Needless to say there is some serious crap in McDonalds food - but it tastes sooo good!
----
rekt
19.07.2009 - 14:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by tea[m]ster on 19.07.2009 at 14:25

Supersize Me

A guy ate McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner during a 30 day span and had periodic checkups with doctors during his death sentence
Needless to say there is some serious crap in McDonalds food - but it tastes sooo good!

I saw it too, but then again eating the same stuff (no matter what) every single day during a 30 day span is not good for you. And sorry to say, but it is OBVIOUS that a diet consisting primarily of hamburgers and french fries CAN'T be god for you.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 14:42
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2009 at 14:38

Supersize Me

I saw it too, but then again eating the same stuff (no matter what) every single day during a 30 day span is not good for you. And sorry to say, but it is OBVIOUS that a diet consisting primarily of hamburgers and french fries CAN'T be god for you.

Did the guy at least eat anything else than beef burgers and chips. Apparently, if you eat a balanced MacDonald's menu everyday it isn't that bad. Take a continental breakfast in the morning, croisants...with coffee and a juice, instead of the bacon burgers and shit. For lunch a salad with a bottle of water and on the evening a normal menu, alternating beef, fish and chicken. I've known a guy who did this everyday and he was in very good shape.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
19.07.2009 - 14:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Haddonfield on 19.07.2009 at 14:42

Supersize Me

Did the guy at least eat anything else than beef burgers and chips. Apparently, if you eat a balanced MacDonald's menu everyday it isn't that bad. Take a continental breakfast in the morning, croisants...with coffee and a juice, instead of the bacon burgers and shit. For lunch a salad with a bottle of water and on the evening a normal menu, alternating beef, fish and chicken. I've known a guy who did this everyday and he was in very good shape.

He ate burgers and fries three times a day accompanied by salad and as far as I can remember he didn't alternate between beef, fish and chicken, an if offered o supersize it he did that too.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 14:53
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2009 at 14:50

Written by Haddonfield on 19.07.2009 at 14:42

Supersize Me

He ate burgers and fries three times a day accompanied by salad and as far as I can remember he didn't alternate between beef, fish and chicken, an if offered o supersize it he did that too.

He didn't eat the same things everyday...he browsed their whole menu...and for breakfast he had the breakfast food because McD's doesn't server burgers etc. until after 10:30 !!! If you all forgot
----
rekt
19.07.2009 - 14:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by tea[m]ster on 19.07.2009 at 14:53

He didn't eat the same things everyday...he browsed their whole menu...and for breakfast he had the breakfast food because McD's doesn't server burgers etc. until after 10:30 !!! If you all forgot

my memory probably fucking with me there. Cause I only remember him eating burgers all day, although accompanied by other stuff.
But the guy sure as hell didn't go for a balanced diet (like the one Haddonfield described)
Btw, here in The Netherlands McDo serves burgers the entire day.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 15:14
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2009 at 14:57

my memory probably fucking with me there. Cause I only remember him eating burgers all day, although accompanied by other stuff.
But the guy sure as hell didn't go for a balanced diet (like the one Haddonfield described)

Exactly...the point was to eat all the "bad" things and document it.
Burgers 24 hours? I couldn't imagine eating a Quarter Pounder value meal at 7 in the morning after a good nights sleep!
----
rekt
19.07.2009 - 15:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by tea[m]ster on 19.07.2009 at 15:14

Burgers 24 hours? I couldn't imagine eating a Quarter Pounder value meal at 7 in the morning after a good nights sleep!

Well, not 24 hours, cause McD here closes at 10 or 11 pm during Sundays and weekdays and at midnight or 1 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and they open up at 9 a.m. or 10 a.m.
The times I stated depend on where the McD i located.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 18:55
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

Yes with fries diped in mayonaise and the royale with cheese (the quater pounder) as Vincent Vega would say.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
19.07.2009 - 18:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Haddonfield on 19.07.2009 at 18:55

Yes with fries diped in mayonaise and the royale with cheese (the quater pounder) as Vincent Vega would say.

The Royale with Cheese was Paris Here it's called a Quarter Pounder as well
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 19:15
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2009 at 18:57

Written by Haddonfield on 19.07.2009 at 18:55

The Royale with Cheese was Paris Here it's called a Quarter Pounder as well

I'm sure he's talking about Amsterdam?!?!? Will have to watch the movie again to find, any good excuse for a Tarantino.
----

19.07.2009 - 19:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Haddonfield on 19.07.2009 at 19:15

I'm sure he's talking about Amsterdam?!?!? Will have to watch the movie again to find, any good excuse for a Tarantino.

The mayonaise bit is about Amsterdam buth Royale with Cheese is certainly about Paris. Vince says something along the lines of " you know what they call Quarter Pounder in Paris? A Royale with Cheese. That's because of the metric system"
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 19:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110912/quotes

Jules: Well, if you like burgers give 'em a try sometime. I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegitarian which pretty much makes me a vegitarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
Brett: No.
Jules: Tell 'em, Vincent.
Vincent: A Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese! You know why they call it that?
Brett: Because of the metric system?
Jules: Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart motherfucker. That's right. The metric system.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.07.2009 - 19:22
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.07.2009 at 19:20

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110912/quotes

Jules: Well, if you like burgers give 'em a try sometime. I can't usually get 'em myself because my girlfriend's a vegitarian which pretty much makes me a vegitarian. But I do love the taste of a good burger. Mm-mm-mm. You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with cheese in France?
Brett: No.
Jules: Tell 'em, Vincent.
Vincent: A Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese! You know why they call it that?
Brett: Because of the metric system?
Jules: Check out the big brain on Brett! You're a smart motherfucker. That's right. The metric system.

Fuck, rarely find a bigger Tarantino geek than me although I must admit I'm of a Reservoir Dogs than Pulp Fiction guy myself. Plus, seeing as I lived in France for 17 years, I knew the French called it a Royale (the with cheese is just Tarantino) to much lager for me this afeternoon I'm afraid but must continue, some more in the fridge and I've planned a spiced up coffee for larter, miam miam.
----

31.07.2009 - 22:21
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I usually like documentaries, here's another one I liked.

Man on Wire

I'm sure a lot of people hear about it, I did after the Oscars. I wasn't expecting much as usually, that is my usual attitude. But, it is a very interesting story, especially because I loved Phillipe and his way. Apart from the incredible fact that he does what he does, he has great spirit.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
31.07.2009 - 22:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Since IM possessed whit 1% bnukers now, I watch all gangland episodes about Hells Angels, Mongols, Outlaws, Pagans, Banditos, Sons of Silance,War Locks, Canada BIker Wars and Scandinavin biker wars damn I watch each fild 4 times and cant not stop, I wanna bike now and hit me in open road yeah
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.08.2009 - 09:26
flickaa
I just saw Until the Light Takes us... =D AWESOME, Funny and well explained movie =D however I dont recommended to watch it....
07.02.2010 - 22:36
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I just watched "Global Metal" by Sam Dunn. Well, everybody knows this guy by now. It was interesting, especially because it show us the metal scenes in different cultures, although it does it superficially of course, I guess there was no time for much more. But I think it's a good start, and it's also interesting because it shows us all these connections metal helps to make, no matter what your background is. I thought that was very poetic in a way.

I'm always interested in finding out more about metal.

Recommended.
----

My Instagram
07.02.2010 - 23:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 07.02.2010 at 22:36

I just watched "Global Metal" by Sam Dunn. Well, everybody knows this guy by now. It was interesting, especially because it show us the metal scenes in different cultures, although it does it superficially of course, I guess there was no time for much more. But I think it's a good start, and it's also interesting because it shows us all these connections metal helps to make, no matter what your background is. I thought that was very poetic in a way.

Recommended.

is it new one I would comment if I will see
I saw about Motley Crue , damn those anti stage actions from band, girls, drugs, booze etc if they wold be simple poor drug addits they eb dead, it was good film, but I didnt like band life style
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.02.2010 - 23:36
Hamird
Lieutenant
I watched a biological documentary by David Attenborough dedicated to Charles Darwin for his 150 anniversary of publishing his On Origin of Species.. It's called Tree of Life I think.. I don't remember.. But it was so exciting and I liked it. It describes the prediction of how life has begun on Earth and it's 1000 times more rational than what God dude says..
11.02.2010 - 23:42
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 07.02.2010 at 23:30

Written by BloodTears on 07.02.2010 at 22:36

Recommended.

is it new one I would comment if I will see
I saw about Motley Crue , damn those anti stage actions from band, girls, drugs, booze etc if they wold be simple poor drug addits they eb dead, it was good film, but I didnt like band life style

Yes, it's fairly recent. It's about different metal scenes around the world.
----

My Instagram
12.02.2010 - 14:20
Krankheit
Account deleted
Watched the british documentary "A State of Mind". It tells the story about two North-Korean girls preparing for the mass games, the world's largest choreographed gymnastics performance. A quite interesting documentary actually. The director manages to give a good view in the daily life of the two young North-Korean girls.
16.02.2010 - 14:08
ylside
Staff
A Man Among Wolves. I think I just found a hero, he is called Shaun Ellis... Damn, I really respect such researchers... Warmly recommended

26.09.2010 - 16:00
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Recently watched Jesus Camp. The Harry Potter fan in me was slightly annoyed.
11.11.2010 - 23:05
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
So I am the only one who watched a documentary in the last months, huh? Anyways...

"This Film Is Not Yet Rated" about the MPAA ratings board. It wasn't a very good documentary, granted the subject matter wasn't interesting to begin with, but the films was just all over the place and even all over other places. There was a part of the film where a private investigator told the story of how she discovered she was a lesbian, which has nothing what's so ever to do with the MPAA. Why was that in the film? Then there was an interview where some guy discussed copyright claims. Again, what the hell does that have to do with the MPAA? The film was too long, some parts of it actually seemed staged and I didn't learn anything I gave a crap about. The only reason to watch this film is to see the scenes from Team America that the MPAA didn't allow, but even that would only interest freaks like me.
07.01.2011 - 21:29
Krankheit
Account deleted
Have just watched a documentary called Joy Division, about the band with the same name. Including interviews with the members and other who were involved in the band. Liked it, Joy Division is one of those bands I've been into recently.
21.02.2011 - 19:08
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Penn & Teller Bullshit - Environmental Hysteria.

Issue "documentaries". They are all dishonest, they all distort the facts, they all use the same tactics to fool people into accepting their point of view. This film was no exception. All the classic methods are here - man on the street interviews, silly musical cues, jumping from topic to topic etc. "Bullshit" really is an appropriate title. Probably the worst so-called documentary I've seen since Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed.
21.02.2011 - 19:47
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Watched Super size me for the second time last night. I seriously don't want any fast food near me for the next couple of days. I understand that the movie takes the matter to the extreme, but the amount of damage you can do to yourself in such a short period of time is unbelievable. Not to mention the drug-like effect that stuff can have on you.