Metal Storm logo
Pets (You Have/You Want to Own/You Need Tips)

Original post

Posted by Hamird, 20.11.2009 - 17:10
We were talking about pets in another topic, and it would be an off topic if we wanted to talk there about pets...
So I searched the general forums to bring the discussion into the Pets topic, but surprisingly I found no Pets topic.. How would it possible to have Jonas in the forum and have no Pets topics..
Anyway.. In case my search wasn't deep and there is a Pets topic here, lock here and we discuss about it in the topic.. And if no, lets talk about Pets here.. Some people have pets, some people (like me) want to own a pet and both groups may need some tips for taking care or buying tips..
So all come here and discuss..
06.04.2011 - 17:10
MetalSpider
Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 17:06

Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 17:04

Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 08:57

Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 08:29

Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 07:50

Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 07:41

Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 05:34

Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 04:42

Used to have a several fish...8 of them. But then they got boring and it was hard work, so I just ate them. Well not really, I moved and it was just too much of a hassle to move the tank and all that, so I gave the fish to the pet store that I got them from.

Before that, I used to have 2 birds as a kid. They were budgies, and although they were noisy, they were a lot of fun. And they used to fly to me mainly when me and my family would eat dinner. Luckily they didn't poop in my food. Eventually they both died. But they were good pets.

awwwww, well, I had a parrot as a kid, she was great. lol Now I have a purdy kitty/

However I need a new pet, wanna put on a collar for me, Mr.Spider?

Unfortunately I can't have pets in the building that I live in.

lol...only for the right price! lol

Name your price. lol

I'm pretty expensive (Im about the price of an expensive car), require lots of food and of course....attention

lol

Well I'm all of that too, but no you can't drive my mustang.

Aw come on! Not even for one second!?!?!? lol!

Absolutely not! MINE! Passengers only!

Fair enough. At least I tried lol.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
06.04.2011 - 17:20
Yasmine
Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 17:10

Used to have a several fish...8 of them. But then they got boring and it was hard work, so I just ate them. Well not really, I moved and it was just too much of a hassle to move the tank and all that, so I gave the fish to the pet store that I got them from.

Before that, I used to have 2 birds as a kid. They were budgies, and although they were noisy, they were a lot of fun. And they used to fly to me mainly when me and my family would eat dinner. Luckily they didn't poop in my food. Eventually they both died. But they were good pets.

awwwww, well, I had a parrot as a kid, she was great. lol Now I have a purdy kitty/

Name your price. lol

I'm pretty expensive (Im about the price of an expensive car), require lots of food and of course....attention

lol

I can't blame ya, he's a pretty car.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
06.04.2011 - 17:33
MetalSpider
Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 17:20

Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 17:10

Name your price. lol

lol

I can't blame ya, he's a pretty car.

Im sure it is!

I also drive a Ford. Unfortunately for me its just a 2000 Ford Focus. So not only does it struggle to move, it sways very badly in the wind at just 45-50 mph. And has no air conditioning in the summer. And there's a host of other minor problems. But it still works (knock on wood), and I need it...so therefore I love it lol.
----

06.04.2011 - 17:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Please stop quoting all the posts which you replied to.

as for me, i'd LOVE a talking parrot. an African Grey would work perfectly. i'd so teach it funny comebacks and greetings, and talk to it while stoned as hell. these animals are so intelligent and creative i'd totally keep one as a pet, though i know it can be really difficult and they have low tolerance to many types of foods.
06.04.2011 - 20:33
Yasmine
Parrots can be very ILL tempered. Mine certainly was, she used to bite my mom all the time.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
06.04.2011 - 23:51
Thrashette
I currently have a cat and a dog. The two hate eachother, but have managed to live under the same roof for a few years... When I get my own place, I'm probably taking my cat but the dog's staying with my parents. The cat is the one that's technically mine and I'm the only one in my family who loves her and who she loves.

In the past, I've had 4 birds and lots of fish... plus some random ladybugs, grasshoppers, caterpillars, and maybe frogs and tadpoles that I caught when I was younger :p The birds were zebra finches. They aren't meant to be handtrained, but I had two of them from when they were babies (we bought a male and a female bird and a nest for them without thinking where that would lead) and those ones were probably more friendly with people than what is typical for their breed... As for fish, there's lots of different types I've had, but my favourites were definitely siamese fighting fish.

I've probably wanted almost every animal as a pet at some point, though I think I'd be content with just my cat for a while... I'm considering a career or volunteer work with animals just so I don't feel the need to have so many pets XD

As far as really weird pets go... I know a guy who found a baby racoon and kept it as a pet for a while. I think he let it go after about a month. And I'm pretty sure it was illegal for him to keep it anyways.
07.04.2011 - 00:54
Luneth
Account deleted
I want a falcon. Or a king cobra or tarantula...something like that xD
07.04.2011 - 03:17
Yasmine
Falcon? Hell might as well get a Wolverine. lol
----
07.04.2011 - 03:34
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yasmine on 07.04.2011 at 03:17

actually there are many people that have birds of prey as pets....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.04.2011 - 03:52
Yasmine
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.04.2011 at 03:34

Oh yes I know, and rather large snakes too, my friend has a 23 foot python. That thing creeps me out bad. lol But still if you're gonna have something like that, go all out, cause I bet 99.9% of people have never seen a wolverine roaming anyone's backyard.
----
07.04.2011 - 04:09
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Yasmine on 07.04.2011 at 03:52

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 07.04.2011 at 03:34

Oh yes I know, and rather large snakes too, my friend has a 23 foot python. That thing creeps me out bad. lol But still if you're gonna have something like that, go all out, cause I bet 99.9% of people have never seen a wolverine roaming anyone's backyard.

i think that would be a surprise....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
07.04.2011 - 04:16
MetalSpider
My sister wants to get a snake. I am all for it lol!
----

07.04.2011 - 04:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I had two snakes (both of which have since passed away). They take up an awful lot of your spare time and are incredibly expensive to care for.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.04.2011 - 04:29
MetalSpider
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2011 at 04:20

I had two snakes (both of which have since passed away). They take up an awful lot of your spare time and are incredibly expensive to care for.

Im guessing there's actually a lot involved? Besides just buying food for the snake?
----

07.04.2011 - 05:01
Thrashette
When I was in high school, my biology class had a pet snake (as well as a guinea pig)... It was just a little corn snake and I don't think it was that much time and money (especially compared to other pets). We just had to feed it a mouse every week and a half or so, give it water, keep it's tank clean, and take it out to play every so often... and there might be some vet visits as well.
07.04.2011 - 05:28
Yasmine
We had a snake, tiny like your's. Rabbits (So cute), and couple spiders.
----
07.04.2011 - 06:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by MetalSpider on 07.04.2011 at 04:29

Im guessing there's actually a lot involved? Besides just buying food for the snake?

An aquarium (or if you can afford a custom-built wall unit or converted pop cooler), food (weekly), light and temperature fixtures (which usually need to be replaced every 3-6 months, terrain (unless you train your snake(s) using newspaper, dishes for drinking water and bathing water, vitamins and mineral supplements... Not to mention if they get sick the vet bill is going to be a pain in the ass.

When Charlize first started getting sick it was 25 bucks a visit (one visit per day) for almost a month straight, although this was because she was an exotic (home-grown Guyanese red-tail) and not a common boa like Joe.

As for cleaning procedures, that's really a pain in the ass. You've got to make sure you don't use chemicals and don't contaminate anything your snake comes in contact with, so all cleaning needs to be done with hot water and lots of scrubbing - and, as snakes are incredibly hygienic creatures, cleaning needs to take place about every 2 - 3 days. Then you've got to bathe the snake (in addition to its own bathing process) and keep on top of its shedding habits, especially if it's domestic-born, as many snakes tend to lose their natural instincts for self-preservation (how both of my snakes eventually passed away, despite my efforts to counter it).

Long post, and not even covering everything; so, simply put, snakes are in fact not an easy pet to care for.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.04.2011 - 06:51
MetalSpider
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2011 at 06:11

Written by MetalSpider on 07.04.2011 at 04:29

An aquarium (or if you can afford a custom-built wall unit or converted pop cooler), food (weekly), light and temperature fixtures (which usually need to be replaced every 3-6 months, terrain (unless you train your snake(s) using newspaper, dishes for drinking water and bathing water, vitamins and mineral supplements... Not to mention if they get sick the vet bill is going to be a pain in the ass.

When Charlize first started getting sick it was 25 bucks a visit (one visit per day) for almost a month straight, although this was because she was an exotic (home-grown Guyanese red-tail) and not a common boa like Joe.

As for cleaning procedures, that's really a pain in the ass. You've got to make sure you don't use chemicals and don't contaminate anything your snake comes in contact with, so all cleaning needs to be done with hot water and lots of scrubbing - and, as snakes are incredibly hygienic creatures, cleaning needs to take place about every 2 - 3 days. Then you've got to bathe the snake (in addition to its own bathing process) and keep on top of its shedding habits, especially if it's domestic-born, as many snakes tend to lose their natural instincts for self-preservation (how both of my snakes eventually passed away, despite my efforts to counter it).

Long post, and not even covering everything; so, simply put, snakes are in fact not an easy pet to care for.

Seriously!? Its like taking care of a large fish tank, which I did have. Just couldn't do it. Definitely won't be getting a snake lol.

Thanks for the info! I'll pass all this along to my sister.
----

07.04.2011 - 14:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by MetalSpider on 07.04.2011 at 06:51

Thanks for the info! I'll pass all this along to my sister.

No problem.
----
07.04.2011 - 14:50
theFIST
I have a cat (for over 14 years now)

except of not having any problems being taken to another place it tells my family what to do.......
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
16.04.2011 - 15:06
XV535Virago
I have 12 cats. Only 1 is actually mine, the others are a feral colony in my backyard. My cat ( a male) is a common european breed, grey with black stripes and dots. He loves to eat ans steal food.
The others are : Shagrath & Rayvn ( pair of blacks), Nelli ( white with grey stripes),Claudia ( black with white & orange spots), Fatty ( sacred birman breed, extremely fat & lazy) and a bunch of tabbies & oranges not named yet.
They spend all day sleeping on my motorcycle or stealing food from neighbors.
One of them, Zoli, a teenager, white with orange, was poisoned 3 weeks ago by some old c**t.
----
True norwegian Dimmu Burger : zero tolerance to pickles must be issued!
16.04.2011 - 20:16
Sophist
Had 3 cats back home, 2 were brothers and 1 was a stray kitten we picked up. The 2 brother cats got ran over one in may, the other in june. I simply couldn't stop them from leaving the house and mucking about the road. I went to get some coca cola and I saw a pile of flesh that was once my cat. The other got ran over when I was in the yard, a car got his left hind foot an ripped the skin, he managed to crawl into some tall grass and die there. I was devastated, the neighbours thought it was funny, I wanted to smash the faces of those old crones.
16.04.2011 - 21:02
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I'd love a flying squirrel. I'd be sitting down watching T.V or listening to metal, and a squirrel would be flying around. That would be awesome beyond belief.
20.04.2011 - 09:58
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I'd love to have a Siberian husky. Saw an ad the other day for a few puppies. Very hesitant about getting one though as I dont think s/he would survive the heat over here. Also I dont have too much time to spend at home on weekdays so my mom will have to do the bulk of the "looking after" part. I also have another dog at home (Twinkie) so I would ideally have to be there at home more in order to make sure they ease into living together.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
20.04.2011 - 16:58
XV535Virago
Written by Sophist on 16.04.2011 at 20:16

Had 3 cats back home, 2 were brothers and 1 was a stray kitten we picked up. The 2 brother cats got ran over one in may, the other in june. I simply couldn't stop them from leaving the house and mucking about the road. I went to get some coca cola and I saw a pile of flesh that was once my cat. The other got ran over when I was in the yard, a car got his left hind foot an ripped the skin, he managed to crawl into some tall grass and die there. I was devastated, the neighbours thought it was funny, I wanted to smash the faces of those old crones.

I'm very sorry for your cat!
----
True norwegian Dimmu Burger : zero tolerance to pickles must be issued!
21.04.2011 - 11:16
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by [user id=113163] on 20.04.2011 at 21:54

They can survive the heat. When I got the dog I lived in Colorado, USA (Very high in the mountains, got tons of snow). She loved it out there. Then I moved back to California, USA near the desert. In the summer it gets up to 120 Degrees fahrenheit. I just cut her hair really short. Any dog can take any weather. Great dogs. You just need the space because they are very active.

Ah yes another minus point there. I may not have enough space for a dog that needs to run about a lot. I mean, there is a small garden we have which extends around the house. Its a bit of a narrow strip so not sure its ideal for running about that much. Its enough for my dog right now but she's fairly smaller in size compared to the size a husky can get up to, so while its ideal for her, it may not be ideal for a husky.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
13.11.2011 - 14:12
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Here's some pics of my black metal cat and my..... thrash metal hamster I guess

----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
13.11.2011 - 16:10
Vombatus
Potorro
They are sooo cute !

The cat has the "abbath face", makes it even cooler
13.11.2011 - 19:34
kvlt
Written by AnGina-- on 13.11.2011 at 14:12

Here's some pics of my black metal cat and my..... thrash metal hamster I guess

Obviously Black Metal scares the hell out of Thrash
13.11.2011 - 22:41
kvlt

I used to have this fellow. Really cool bird. It flies silently and professionally hunts mice.