Metal Storm logo
Nu Metal bands you like

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 16.03.2007 - 01:51
So, the title says it all. I made this so the ones here that like nu metal can discuss about the bands we like. So about me, I like:

Godsmack (Although for me it's Alternative), because their songs are really cool, and they have great lyrics and the "Changes" DVD is simply awesome, and theitr drums are great. Sully's voice is quite unique, and their lyrics are pretty nice.

Slipknot, because of their energy, the outfits look great, and their lyrics make me laugh, besides their live shows are quite impressive. Also Vol. 3 is a change, IMO they found that they don't have to scream for everything, and they prove it with a great accoustic song.

Disturbed: David's voice is great. and with their thrid album,. 10.000 fists" they try a new, more melodic sound. besides Dan Donegan proves himself as a great guitar player

KoRn: But only the first albums.

Evanescence, because Amy lee has a great voice, but their last album, "The Open Door" was a big letdown for me.

Also Adema, TrustCompany, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Chevelle, Mudvayne, Soil and I enjoy Metallica's St. Anger.

So that's it. If you have band suggestions you can and must post them as well. If you don't like Nu metal, please don't post bashing bands and attacking with things like "X band sucks" or "Nu metal sucks". Please, let's have some respect for the other fellow MSers taste.
10.01.2008 - 05:08
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by IllNiñoSweden on 09.01.2008 at 17:40

Best Nu metal band are Ill Niño, Soulfly and Slipknot of course!!

Korn is shit because I don´t like theirs guitars.

Soulfly is thrash my friend... with some Nu influence, but trash after all.

Actually I like KoRn's guitars, it's a pretty unique sound.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
13.01.2008 - 15:45
Vunts
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.01.2008 at 05:08

Soulfly is trash my friend... with some Nu influence, but trash after all.

Yup, Soulfly does suck.

Remember to add the H if you want to make sense
13.01.2008 - 18:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Vunts on 13.01.2008 at 15:45

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.01.2008 at 05:08

Soulfly is thrash my friend... with some Nu influence, but trash after all.

Yup, Soulfly does suck.

Remember to add the H if you want to make sense

Oops... I swallowed the H. corrected. I like some Soulfly stuff. but My pint is that they're tHrahs and not NU, spite what Ill Niño says.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

14.01.2008 - 01:05
RJ45
Account deleted
Well, I was a teen when Nu-Metal was the most popular thing going at the time here in Ameirca, so naturally I love some of these bands. I still love KoRn. Other nu-metal acts I like are Disturbed, System of a Down, and Godsmack.

Ones I do not like include: Slipknot and Limp Bizxkit.
14.01.2008 - 08:45
b0000mst1ck
Written by [user id=28229] on 14.01.2008 at 01:05

Well, I was a teen when Nu-Metal was the most popular thing going at the time here in Ameirca, so naturally I love some of these bands. I still love KoRn. Other nu-metal acts I like are Disturbed, System of a Down, and Godsmack.

Ones I do not like include: Slipknot and Limp Bizxkit.

same here. as well as bands like overkill, metallica, judas priest, i also listened to korn and limp bizkit (only their first album) among a few others. there actually used to be a group called shuvel that i was into more than any other nu-metal band. have you heard of them before?

anyway, i haven't cared for nu-metal since 2001. i basically listened to whatever was accessible, because the internet wasn't nearly as advanced as it is now. there wasn't a way to find lesser known (and much better) metal bands back then. thank god for the internet, btw.
16.01.2008 - 12:08
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@harbringer: you got me a little confused here: are you calling Metallica and Judas Priest Nu-metal?
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.01.2008 - 13:35
Vunts
Written by GT on 16.01.2008 at 12:08

@harbringer: you got me a little confused here: are you calling Metallica and Judas Priest Nu-metal?

He didn't seem to say that. "as well as band like ..." and "I also listened to"
However, seen as YOU left Overkill out of the three, I take it you think they aren't metal enough? :

16.01.2008 - 13:38
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Vunts on 16.01.2008 at 13:35

He didn't seem to say that. "as well as band like ..." and "I also listened to"
However, seen as YOU left Overkill out of the three, I take it you think they aren't metal enough? :

Ah that makes sense...the reason I left Overkill out is because I don't know them...so it's not because I find the less metal
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
17.01.2008 - 09:50
b0000mst1ck
@GT - no, i wasn't. i was including them to give RJ45 an idea of what i used to listen to aside from nu-metal.

@headbang - thanks for clearing that up. i tend to forget where i post unless someone quotes me.
20.01.2008 - 18:51
deadset61
Account deleted
Ill pick Godsmack over all these other bands, but I dont think they are Nu Metal. Id have to say they are Hard Rock but thats just my opinion.
20.01.2008 - 23:46
Damnated
Churchburner

st. anger is definitely nu metal.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.01.2008 - 02:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=27188] on 20.01.2008 at 18:51

Ill pick Godsmack over all these other bands, but I dont think they are Nu Metal. Id have to say they are Hard Rock but thats just my opinion.

Tehy are hard rock with Nu touches.
----

21.01.2008 - 02:53
b0000mst1ck
Written by Damnated on 20.01.2008 at 23:46

st. anger is definitely nu metal.

i still wasn't referring to metallica as nu-metal. IMO, st. anger (as well as load and reload) are hard rock. or crap. but whatever.
21.01.2008 - 03:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 02:53

i still wasn't referring to metallica as nu-metal. IMO, st. anger (as well as load and reload) are hard rock. or crap. but whatever.

St. Anger hard rock? Same genre as Deep Purple and AC/DC? Call it whatever you want, but it's definetly Metal.
----
21.01.2008 - 03:09
b0000mst1ck
Written by Warman on 21.01.2008 at 03:00

Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 02:53

St. Anger hard rock? Same genre as Deep Purple and AC/DC? Call it whatever you want, but it's definetly Metal.

i don't see your point. you're comparing two bands from the 80's with three albums by metallica that were released in the late 90's and on. genre's mature, you know. aside from that, load and reload sound a helluva lot like godsmack's first two albums, and they're considered hard rock.

besides, i don't consider deep purple to be hard rock. rock 'n roll, or classic rock. but not hard rock.
21.01.2008 - 03:21
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 03:09

i don't see your point. you're comparing two bands from the 80's with three albums by metallica that were released in the late 90's and on. genre's mature, you know. aside from that, load and reload sound a helluva lot like godsmack's first two albums, and they're considered hard rock.

besides, i don't consider deep purple to be hard rock. rock 'n roll, or classic rock. but not hard rock.

Not Hard Rock? Man you tag your music weird... and St. Anger is a lot heavier than Hard Rock. It's Metal, Nu Metal.
----
21.01.2008 - 03:29
b0000mst1ck
Written by Warman on 21.01.2008 at 03:21

Not Hard Rock? Man you tag your music weird... and St. Anger is a lot heavier than Hard Rock. It's Metal, Nu Metal.

i might, but in the US hard rock is totally different. bands like seether, daughtry, nickleback, etc. are considered hard rock, as well as metallica and godsmack.

i just don't see any similarities between bands like korn or linkin park when comparing them with metallica or godsmack.
21.01.2008 - 03:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 03:29

i might, but in the US hard rock is totally different. bands like seether, daughtry, nickleback, etc. are considered hard rock, as well as metallica and godsmack.

i just don't see any similarities between bands like korn or linkin park when comparing them with metallica or godsmack.

Okay man, let's end the discussion here then. I feel that neither of us will change their opinions. :
----
21.01.2008 - 03:31
b0000mst1ck
Written by Warman on 21.01.2008 at 03:30

Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 03:29

Okay man, let's end the discussion here then. I feel that neither of us will change their opinions. :

lol, agreed. i'm not up for a debate right now, anyway.
21.01.2008 - 04:09
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 03:09
Sorry you're not up for a debate, but from this statement you obviously haven't heard much/enough Deep Purple. Material from the early 70s was very very close to proper heavy metal, 80s albums were in the style of typical hard rock/metal of the time, and even songs from their last album are obviously hard rock. Click the band name link here and check the song Rapture of the Deep on their myspace.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
21.01.2008 - 04:17
b0000mst1ck
Written by Syk on 21.01.2008 at 04:09

typical hard rock/metal of the time

of the time. but how about now? when i made that statement i meant that now it isn't considered hard rock in the US. i said it before, but i obviously have to say it again. they're considered CLASSIC ROCK in the states.

and thanks for the link, but no thanks. i'm not curious enough to look into it because 1) i'm at work, and 2) i don't care enough.
21.01.2008 - 09:19
Damnated
Churchburner
wtf is classic rock?
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.01.2008 - 10:07
Fuath
Written by Damnated on 21.01.2008 at 09:19

wtf is classic rock?

im probably wrong, but from what ive heard, its stuff like rolling stones and that sort of music
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

21.01.2008 - 10:44
b0000mst1ck
Written by Damnated on 21.01.2008 at 09:19

wtf is classic rock?

from what i know (and i'm not saying this is how it is, or should be, everywhere) bands that played hard rock in the late 70's/early 80's is now considered classic rock. creedence clearwater revival, jouney, the eagles, and yes the rolling stones, etc. are now known in the states as such.

it may have been called hard rock back then, but the music in general has changed a lot over the last few years. hard rock has become more edgy, fast, and aggressive. once that change started to happen (in the US) it turned all those groups from the 70's and 80's into "classic" rock bands.

anyway, play a song by godsmack (guessing that we all agree they're hard rock) and compare it to anything by lynyrd skynyrd or any other rock band from back then. i'm sure you'll notice a difference.

and that, to myself and most americans, is classic rock. as well as what is now considered to be hard rock.
21.01.2008 - 17:12
Damnated
Churchburner
so it's basically a term used by people who can not classify bands in certain genres.
----

21.01.2008 - 21:06
b0000mst1ck
Written by Damnated on 21.01.2008 at 17:12

so it's basically a term used by people who can not classify bands in certain genres.

you're not understanding what i'm saying. it's a generalization. just like how this forum is set up. extreme metal (black, death, etc), melodic metal (melodeath, symphonic, etc), classic rock (southern rock, rock 'n roll, etc)

i specifically said what was hard rock back then doesn't compare to what hard rock is, now.
21.01.2008 - 21:10
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 21:06

i specifically said what was hard rock back then doesn't compare to what hard rock is, now.

thing is, rolling stones were not considered hard rock then. and i also heard people calling Pink Floyd and Led Zep as classic rock, whereas Pink Floyd is and was very far from hard rock. so my point still stands: people who don't want or don't know how to label these bands call them classic rock.
----

21.01.2008 - 23:53
b0000mst1ck
Written by Damnated on 21.01.2008 at 21:10

thing is, rolling stones were not considered hard rock then. and i also heard people calling Pink Floyd and Led Zep as classic rock, whereas Pink Floyd is and was very far from hard rock. so my point still stands: people who don't want or don't know how to label these bands call them classic rock.

well, whoever you're talking about surely isn't me. i never called the rolling stones hard rock. the same goes for floyd or zeppelin. i'm well aware that pink floyd is the polar opposite of hard rock.

anyway, this has become pointless. i'm debating over the dumbest, most minor, possible difference with someone that clearly isn't open-minded enough to see my point or understand where i'm coming from. please do me a favor and find someone else to misunderstand.
22.01.2008 - 07:36
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 23:53

i never called the rolling stones hard rock.

Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 10:44

bands that played hard rock in the late 70's/early 80's is now considered classic rock. creedence clearwater revival, jouney, the eagles, and yes the rolling stones
----

22.01.2008 - 09:22
b0000mst1ck
Written by Damnated on 22.01.2008 at 07:36

Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 23:53

i never called the rolling stones hard rock.

Written by b0000mst1ck on 21.01.2008 at 10:44

bands that played hard rock in the late 70's/early 80's is now considered classic rock. creedence clearwater revival, jouney, the eagles, and yes the rolling stones

yeah, i bet if you cut the end off of any sentence it'd change the meaning entirely. that whole paragraph was meant to explain what classic rock is, and just because i mentioned those bands doesn't mean i consider them to be hard rock. the only reason i listed them was to give you a more broad example. i didn't specifically say the rolling stones are hard rock. so once again, you misconstrued what i said. what i meant was those bands, as well, are known around here as classic rock.