Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2017

Original post

Posted by 3rdWorld, 29.11.2016 - 06:23
You know the drill, recommend me good metal stuff from 2017. Remember this is not a playlist or promotion place, it should be stuff you have HEARD ATLEAST ONCE which means it is not just stuff YOU think is good but something that OTHERS should find good and enjoy as well.

Death metal from Portugal. Sounds more closely to Disma than anything else to my ears. Quite melodic and groovy. It's hard to judge anything from a single but yeah this seems like something that is worth keeping an eye on.

The Ominous Circle - Appalling Ascension

30.12.2016 - 20:49
3rdWorld
China was a neat
"Desert / Stoner / Hard Rock from Italy highly recommended if you like UNIDA, FU MANCHU, LOS NATAS."

Another solid stoner album from one of my favorite labels for doom/sludge/stoner, Argonauta Records.

30.12.2016 - 20:52
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Even more heavy awesomeness from the brilliant Argonauta Records. Bassy and heavy as fuck Italian stoner metal.

Rhino - The Law Of Purity

30.12.2016 - 20:57
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Ergh... no more stoner, plz.
30.12.2016 - 21:00
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Don't find the other little black metal or death metal promo tracks streaming in YT/BC worthy for a rec. Atleast these stoner stuff are metal enough.
30.12.2016 - 21:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah there's lots out there just not worth posting. Guess I'll just wait till actually 2017 now.
30.12.2016 - 22:22
3rdWorld
China was a neat
New Jute Gyte full length digitally released on 13th Dec 2016. Physical version to come up in 2017. Posting here so more people would find it.

Jute Gyte - The Sparrow

30.12.2016 - 23:11
3rdWorld
China was a neat
"INVICTUS PRODUCTIONS is proud to present ULULATUM TOLLUNT's debut mini-album, Quantum Noose of Usurpation. A relatively new entity formed in 2015 and hailing from various parts of the United States, ULULATUM TOLLUNT originally self-released an initial pressing of Quantum Noose of Usurpation, under a different title and in extremely limited quantities, but it exhibited a shockingly mature sound - and one so shockingly severe, INVICTUS had no other recourse but to unleash Quantum Noose of Usurpation upon the international metal underground.

The moniker of ULULALTUM TOLLUNT translates from Latin to "war cry," which is fitting for the primeval power loosed by Quantum Noose of Usurpation: it is eldritch energy that elevates and destroys, wholly and austerely existing at the axis between chaos and order. Anchored by a hulking physicality and slimy density and freely moving between martial thrust and molten churn, the power-trio could be conveniently classed as "war metal," but such an over-simplification does a disservice to the deeply metaphorical lyricism which informs the band's entire aesthetic. The convolutions and evolutions of power, both in human and inhuman realms, and from the quantum to the worldly to the cosmic in scale - these are the scales of balance upon which ULULATUM TOLLUNT weigh. It is POWER, wielded and witnessed, forlorn and fearful.

The new cover art, executed by comrade J. Estes, vividly demonstrates ULULATUM TOLLUNT's world-eating ways and some of the symbolism within Quantum Noose of Usurpation. There is a theory in physics that all is composed of a fabric woven of finite loops - our quantum nooses. An associated notion declares the multiplicity and cyclicality of universes, that all is created from destruction. The wormhole swallowing the cover depicts a fitting mechanism, a cosmic passageway wrought of a star's aeonic demise, a portal of usurpation. At its side, the morningstars of fire and steel, of thought and brawn, are the armaments of such usurpations on a human scale. Like the record's concept, ULULATUM TOLLUNT manifest both cyclicality and the forward march - both the overarching ebb-and-flow flux of power and its infinite meteoric advancements. There, the trio themselves bristle with both barbarity and esotericism, an unyielding staunchness met with perpetual transformation.

Indeed, ULULATUM TOLLUNT are just beginning, and Quantum Noose of Usurpation comprises 20 minutes of cosmic crush and primeval pulse. Their overwhelming enormity and in-the-red diabolism fondly recall that of pivotal INVICTUS cult Diocletian, but with a gnarled nous all their own. Rise by order of the triumph continuum!"

Actually a re-release of their limited release march 2016 demo titled "Order of the Morningstars" under a complete different name and title by the label.

Ululatum Tollunt - Quantum Noose Of Usurpation

30.12.2016 - 23:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lol, could at least stream the track from it : https://soundcloud.com/invictusproductions/ululatum-tollunt-quantum-noose-of-usurpation

(Kind of terrible which is why I didn't bother posting it)

[edit]

Looks like you did.
30.12.2016 - 23:23
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Hahaha the soundcloud player takes quite a bit of time to load sometimes. Dunno, the track sounds decent for a demo apart from the out-of-place noise bit at the end and also have quite a bit faith with Invictus. Lets see.
30.12.2016 - 23:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
According to their Facebook, Mosaic are turning their 2014 EP into a full length next year, en extra 32 minutes of material. The EP actually sounds great; they seem very forthright about describing it as experimental black metal, which while might not be true, it's super high quality and mixed heavily with ambient and neofolk components and dripping with atmosphere. The EP art is way cooler though.

Mosaic - Old Man's Wyntar
Track from the new chapter here
31.12.2016 - 00:25
3rdWorld
China was a neat
"A 56-minute opus entitled "De Arte Tragoediae Divinae" waiting to be released in early 2017."

Black/death metal from Italy.

Totalitarian - De Arte Tragoediae Divinae

31.12.2016 - 00:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lol, stealing my recs. Cheeky Amazing song though. I wish it had better art however. It deserves so much more.
31.12.2016 - 00:31
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Or in other words, its called being a greased lightning.
31.12.2016 - 06:48
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Posted by Fallen Empire Records:

"Mystískaos
"Upcoming releases:

Skáphe - Untitled CS - MS-01
Afsprengi Satans - Seiðgall CS - MS-02
Wormlust - MMVI CS - MS-03

In addition all the Wormlust demos will be released sequentially with new overarching thematic artwork. (The first demo or MMVI is the same as on the split with Haud Mundus). New projects on the horizon."

New Skaphe track from an upcoming Untitled cassette on probably a new label called Mystiskaos.

31.12.2016 - 09:54
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Decent quality US progressive death metal from Season of Mist. Their sophomore record actually. Not the technical wankery type but the songwriting focused.

Replacire - Do Not Deviate

31.12.2016 - 17:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New Fides Inversa EP has been "released." Classic Deathspell Worship. Lovely art too by what's their name.

31.12.2016 - 17:14
Zap
Nice picture, Dave.
31.12.2016 - 17:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 31.12.2016 at 17:14

Nice picture, Dave.

Does it not work for you?
31.12.2016 - 17:20
Zap
Written by [user id=4365] on 31.12.2016 at 17:16

Written by Zap on 31.12.2016 at 17:14

Nice picture, Dave.

Does it not work for you?

Nope, I get this and if I copy the URL in your comment it leads to 404 page not found.
31.12.2016 - 17:20
Zap
Seems to work now though.
31.12.2016 - 17:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Re-uploaded it anyway.
31.12.2016 - 18:20
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Mories is back with a vengeance. New De Magia Veterum track. Actually sounds rawer than usual.

"Recorded fall 2016 at DBJ_II, Drachten, The netherlands by Mories.
Mixed and mastered by Mories.
credits
releases February 2, 2017

All sounds and vocals by Mories."

De Magia Veterum - Naked Swords Into The Wombs Of The Enemy

31.12.2016 - 18:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
What I want to know though is who's involved in making the record.
31.12.2016 - 18:40
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Maybe its three people, surprisingly all named Mories.
01.01.2017 - 04:14
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Female fronted stoner doom rock/metal from the Trumpland.

Book Of Wyrms - Sci-fi/Fantasy

01.01.2017 - 05:03
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Profound Lore just confirmed new releases for this year from the following bands. Let's just hope none of it are cover albums, re-releases, compilations or live album bs hahaha.

Anyway here's the list.

Pallbearer
FUOCO FATUO
Loss
Artificial Brain
Full of Hell
PORTAL
Impetuous Ritual
Innumerable Forms
Krieg
Monarch!
Vacivus
Pissgrave
Vaura
Evoken
01.01.2017 - 11:49
3rdWorld
China was a neat
""The Inquisitionist" is a conceptual metal album that follows the narrative of a protagonist in search of personal fulfillment, meaning, and ethical soundness. Exploring topics such as existentialism, nihilism, gluttony, obsession, moral truth, and religious scrupulosity, "The Inquisitionist" combines traditional death metal elements as well as classical instruments and melodic interludes to explore our common humanity and the attempt to synchronize ourselves to the ever changing world around us."

Kinda neat quality progressive death metal with focus on nice melodies and chord progressions. Absolutely no -core or wankery bullshit. Highly recommended for techdeath/progdeath fans.

Gourmand - The Inquisitionist

"A Cunning Man is a one man metal project that explores occult themes and utilises a strong Scottish accent."

Now here's something I would never recommend on any other day. Progressive power/melodeath with clean vocals. The cover made a really strong argument for this one. Power metal fans can try this one.

A Cunning Man - Practical Applications Of Theurgy

Raw melodic Usbm. Nothing spectacular or outstanding, just average quality release but kinda listenable. Nice looking cover really.

Darkened Spawn - The Rise of the Occult

And finally some medieval/folk symphonic black metal. Kinda decent quality but should really please fans of this sort. Maybe fans of Summoning as well I guess. Symphonic and folk parts are kinda really well done. Only problem is the very plastic sounding drums. If there's anything to take by from this post, then its that 2017 will atleast have tons of cool covers as every artwork is kinda really well done and fit to the album. Bril!

Moongates Guardian - Let Horse Be Bridled, Horn Be Sounded!

01.01.2017 - 14:40
Zap
Written by 3rdWorld on 01.01.2017 at 11:49

Raw melodic Usbm. Nothing spectacular or outstanding, just average quality release but kinda listenable.

Then why "recommend" it? Just feels like you're shoving as much shit on this page as possible.
01.01.2017 - 16:12
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Nah fuck off, already been over that in last year's thread.
01.01.2017 - 21:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I try to filter my suggestions a bit, although 3rd ends up posting the stuff I pass over anyway =P