Metal Storm logo
Pets (You Have/You Want to Own/You Need Tips)

Original post

Posted by Hamird, 20.11.2009 - 17:10
We were talking about pets in another topic, and it would be an off topic if we wanted to talk there about pets...
So I searched the general forums to bring the discussion into the Pets topic, but surprisingly I found no Pets topic.. How would it possible to have Jonas in the forum and have no Pets topics..
Anyway.. In case my search wasn't deep and there is a Pets topic here, lock here and we discuss about it in the topic.. And if no, lets talk about Pets here.. Some people have pets, some people (like me) want to own a pet and both groups may need some tips for taking care or buying tips..
So all come here and discuss..
13.11.2011 - 23:31
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by kvlt on 13.11.2011 at 22:41

I used to have this fellow. Really cool bird. It flies silently and professionally hunts mice.

Oh what a beauty. What was his/her name? Simply adorable!

Written by Vombatus on 13.11.2011 at 16:10

The cat has the "abbath face", makes it even cooler

It's funny how everytime a metalhead sees my cat or a pic of her ''Abbath'' is the first association She's not that grim & frostbitten though, in the winter she barely leaves the house
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
14.11.2011 - 20:18
kvlt

Oops! Phil's got a bit scared)))))
09.12.2011 - 19:36
Candlemass
Defaeco
A Westie
I'll upload a picture later
10.12.2011 - 15:24
Candlemass
Defaeco

her name is Sababa, which means "chilled", even tho she is very far from that xD
15.12.2011 - 09:50
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by kvlt on 14.11.2011 at 20:18

Is it a Asio otus? (long-eared owl)

I fly birds and stuff too. I have a Bubo Africanus (spotted eagle-owl), but I keep it in my garden.
You keep your bird indoors? I don't even let mine inside... (apart from one drunken night I thought it would be funny to bring the owl inside... hahaha)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/378642_10150950864330273_504840272_21678350_2145823555_n.jpg
15.12.2011 - 20:54
kvlt
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.12.2011 at 09:50

Written by kvlt on 14.11.2011 at 20:18

Is it a Asio otus? (long-eared owl)

I fly birds and stuff too. I have a Bubo Africanus (spotted eagle-owl), but I keep it in my garden.
You keep your bird indoors? I don't even let mine inside... (apart from one drunken night I thought it would be funny to bring the owl inside... hahaha)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/378642_10150950864330273_504840272_21678350_2145823555_n.jpg

This is Asio Otus. You were correct. I bought it from a local lush for a bottle of vodka)) It lived in our office for a while and then we gave it to our friend-biologist. Now it lives in his garden. One of the best birds I've ever seen. Before the owl I got a hawk from the same drunkard but for free. Next time he was smarter and demanded booze. )))) If you wish i can look for the photos.
16.12.2011 - 02:48
Mattybu
I have a dog, big Bernese Mountain Dog. He's about 3 years old. Very nice, very good looking, just all around great pet. He's big but he has plenty of space to run around.

Past pets have included Hermit Crabs, other dogs, a Leopard Gecko, and some barn cats that just kind of disappeared at some point.
16.12.2011 - 02:52
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Mattybu on 16.12.2011 at 02:48
I have a dog, big Bernese Mountain Dog.

Very beautiful dogs if groomed properly.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.12.2011 - 02:56
Mattybu
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.12.2011 at 02:52

Written by Mattybu on 16.12.2011 at 02:48
I have a dog, big Bernese Mountain Dog.

Very beautiful dogs if groomed properly.

Well, I wouldn't say he is well groomed but he does get brushed and such every now and then. He lives outside so he constantly returns from his adventures with a shiteload of burs stuck in his hair, which are a pain in the neck to get out. Nevertheless whenever I take him for walks on the trail near my house, many, many people compliment him. Even cyclists stop sometimes just to say hello and say how beautiful of a dog he is. He's very friendly too, or at least used to be... Lately he's been in guard dog mode kind of, just some barking at unfamiliar people.
21.12.2011 - 06:36
Sweetou
Hehe, I have an all black chihuahua
07.02.2015 - 00:33
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
So two years ago I did something that noone ever expected me to do (not even myself): I adopted a dog. I always liked dogs, but was never a dog person, but when I saw this face:

I knew I had to adopt her! So I did and I love her and got a whole new appreciation for dogs ever since. She's now three years old, her name is Metka and considering the fact she was found basically thrown away in a box in the middle of winter and almost dies of hypothermia (luckily she was found and taken to the veterinarian soon enough), she is now a happy, loving dog that shows no sign of trauma or fear.

As a year and a half ago my cat Bili died due to brain tumour, it was very hard for me, because I loved that cat so very much. As I was convinced in grief and saddness I will never ever get a cat, more even, a black & white cat, three weeks after Bili's death some ass*ole threw out a small black & white kitten in our street. As I felt sorry for the kitten, I fed her and she lived in our shed and after a couple of months, when she was softened enough to let me stroke her, I took her to the vet, got her neutered and she stayed in the house ever since. And this is her royal higness Megi:

And this is both of them together (because they are like BFFs and you can also see the proportions: Metka is not much bigger than Megi ):
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
07.02.2015 - 09:34
no one
Account deleted
Here's my cats, best cats ever (everyone says that about there pets, but they actually are). Ones an oldschool cat metaler from ancient norwegian forests (Norwegian forest cat) (guess the one with a coat more suited to a cold forest) The other is ragdoll part something else. He had a broken leg when i got back from my honeymoon. Thousand bucks to fix then had him in a cage for 6 weeks, now he runs with this gammy leg.

07.02.2015 - 10:15
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by [user id=136611] on 07.02.2015 at 09:34

Here's my cats

Cuteness overload!
----
09.02.2015 - 02:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ines
sorry about Billy
I am not dog person as well, I like those but if they can go out. I have MS life ok I have cats, I wish I had a dog but I don't know if in city he would be happy

NZ One - nice, awesome man
seems ghey are out door
are there natural enemies for cats ?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.02.2015 - 06:19
no one
Account deleted
Written by deadone on 09.02.2015 at 02:04

Such cute kitties!

I have a Siberian Husky. Great dog even though she is completely disloyal and mercernary.

pic ?
09.02.2015 - 19:38
Mercyful_Kate
My best bud, Thor.

10.02.2015 - 12:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 09.02.2015 at 19:38

My best bud, Thor.

nice name
----

10.02.2015 - 17:51
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Bad English on 10.02.2015 at 12:41

nice name

I can't take credit for it. He was rescued by the SPCA and one of the volunteers named him Thor. I was going to change the name of whichever cat I picked, but I liked his and kept it.
10.02.2015 - 17:55
Mercyful_Kate
Written by AnGina-- on 07.02.2015 at 00:33

And this is both of them together (because they are like BFFs and you can also see the proportions: Metka is not much bigger than Megi ):

This is SO adorable!
26.05.2015 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
It seems FUCKING snake bite to one of my cats. Fuck you snake, fucking creatures
----

26.05.2015 - 21:35
no one
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.05.2015 at 20:16

It seems FUCKING snake bite to one of my cats. Fuck you snake, fucking creatures

Didn't even know there were snakes in sweden, but just learnt about them now through google....grass snake?
26.05.2015 - 21:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=136611] on 26.05.2015 at 21:35

Written by Bad English on 26.05.2015 at 20:16

Didn't even know there were snakes in sweden, but just learnt about them now through google....grass snake?

didn't we discuss it in some place where Troy, Craig, or Marcel said go back on topic?

Yes venomos Viper lives in all Europe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipera_berus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amphibians_and_reptiles_of_Sweden

but we are far north, here they must be small and live deeper in the woods
actually snake once bite same cat, ... I guess its snake, he is on vet now, my mother and her BG both forgot mobiles
it was bleeding, he can walk, but when sleeps leg are shaking and bigger, if its be broken he wont be able to walk, and bleeding is like cut whit knife,... then there wont be bigger leg
I guess snake, while family disagreed whit me, told I am retartd until vet guessed snake as well, then they shut up
----

26.05.2015 - 22:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ok, fucking weird
doc said it was small baby piton. he has not seen so big snake marks, there are no venom. It was bitten, days ago, and today was like bouble, and he washed and bite him self and it made that bleeding.
Don't look like baby fox bite, 2 tooth marks like snake, but big for Swedish Doc never have seen it here.
anyway he will live, antibiotics, 10 days inside and that shit around head
----

27.05.2015 - 03:28
no one
Account deleted
Actually yeah i think i remember that convo now, you also mentioned the snow tiger or something .

Out of it aye
27.05.2015 - 03:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=136611] on 27.05.2015 at 03:28

Actually yeah i think i remember that convo now, you also mentioned the snow tiger or something .

Out of it aye

cat will live .. no venom, and I saw bites, its huge theets ... like snake. but our snakes here in a norh are maybe 20cm long, whit small thoots
and IMO they still sleep winter sleep.
----

07.07.2015 - 17:47
Belegûr
Arise In Might!

My wee cat called 'Maia'. Two years old come August. Always finding awkward positions to sleep in.
08.07.2015 - 00:10
no one
Account deleted
Wtf, wheres its head
13.07.2015 - 05:15
Sentinel65
Just found out about these little guys called Axolotls. They're a water-dwelling newt that always appears to be smiling.I've never seen them before until now, anyone own one?
(Basic info about them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8JSdg3-UA).

19.08.2016 - 01:07
Metren
Dreadrealm
I have two cats. One of them is 1/4 siamese and behaves more like a dog half the time, always in need of a cuddle, which is actually rather nice. The other one is a total bad-ass black metal cat however, he is all black (even his whiskers are dark), without a single bright spot on him, he doesn't really care about me and my wife (or pretends not to) and he once survived a battle with another animal, which according to the local vet was probably a fox. He came home with pretty gross teethmarks and lots of fur missing, but acted like it was nothing and healed completely. I just wish my wife hadn't named him "Pedro". I mean FFS, we should've called him Abbath or something... Generally speaking, I love animals and pets of all species, but cats are just so awesome they're my favorite pets to have. Also, luckily both my cats are still pretty young and hopefully won't die for many long years. I will never be the same, if I lose one or both of them, I just know it.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
18.09.2016 - 01:02
I have always loved cats and have a calico kitty I named Tiffany....I always loved having a pet because they keep you company and I have something to take care of and they become part of the family...My last cat that was my baby, Oscar, had to be put down cause his kidneys shut down...So, I got Tiffany and have had her for a little over 2 years...Anyway...:banger2: