06. Cheat On Me

Disc II
01. Frustration
02. Little Dog
03. Dragon
04. Junior Dad

Bottom 20 albums of all time: 1

Additional info
Composed by Lou Reed with significant arrangement contributions by Metallica.

Produced by Lou Reed, Metallica, Hal Willner and Greg Fidelman.

Recorded by Greg Fidelman and Mike Gillies
Additional engineering by Jim Monti, Dan Monti, Sara Lyn Killion and Kent Matcke.
Mixed by Greg Fidelman.
Assisted by Geoff Neal.

Recorded at Metallica HQ.
Mixed at Sunset Sound.

Mix coordination by Lindsay Chase.

Mastered by Vlado Meller at Masterdisk.

Wax mannequin (about 1900) and other objects: collection of Werkbundarchiv - Museum der Dinge, Berlin.

All music by Lou Reed and Metallica.
All lyrics by Lou Reed.
All Songs © 2011 Lou Reed Music (BMI)/Creeping Death Music (ASCAP).

© 2011 Sister Ray Enterprises Inc/We're Only In It For The Music.

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
Some people righteously claim that this is not a real Metallica release and thus it can't be viewed as such. I agree. Metallica decided to co-operate with Lou Reed in his interpretation of Alban Berg's opera based on Frank Wedekind's plays "Erdgeist" and "Die Büchse der Pandora". The history behind that opera is as complicated and dramatic as one can imagine, assuming what a dark story it tells.

Read more ››
published 04.11.2011 | Comments (163)

Guest review by
AndMetalForAll
Rating:
Lulu brings back Metallica in a collaboration album with Lou Reed. A German visionary named Frank Wedekind wrote a collection of plays about a woman called Lulu who was both a muse and a mystery, the first form of woman. Most of the songs have death, sexuality, love and spite themes. Although it's not a Metallica album, the expectation was off the charts but the result is terrible.

Read more ››
published 14.11.2011 | Comments (18)

Guest review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
The worst thing you can possibly do is treat this like a Metallica album. It is not. Lulu is a Lou Reed album that just so happens to feature the guys from Metallica as his backing band. Of course, Metallica still had to go and put their name on it, which recklessly raised people's expectations, and the heavy criticism weighed at this album is largely true no matter how you spin it. Nonetheless, while this was a disappointment, it is not totally devoid of merit, and more of an interesting experiment than a Son-of-St. Anger-sized failure.

Read more ››
published 17.08.2013 | Comments (13)

Found in 17 lists
Top lists

Comments page 5 / 21

Comments: 612   Visited by: 3729 users
20.10.2011 - 18:15
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by [user id=114127] on 20.10.2011 at 17:50

But, it sound exactly like "table." So no, the meme still stands. You are a table.

A table I am.
----
7.0 means the album is good
20.10.2011 - 18:52
Kenos
Account deleted
I'll poop in your ass, then you'll poop back in my ass with some of your poop and some of mine, then I'll poop in yours and so on back and forth forever.
20.10.2011 - 19:16
Rating: 1
Guib
Thrash Talker
I'll do my troll since nobody did it properly.

THis SHit sucks and stinks. There ya go !
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.10.2011 - 21:22
Rating: 2
Xylem
This might actually be worse than St. Anger; at least St. Anger had some aggression and the odd quality riff. Metallica have done the impossible and hit a new low.
21.10.2011 - 04:17
Red_Travis
, That's how bad this album is.
21.10.2011 - 06:03
Coverkiller
Here's a review of the album done by a member of the youtube music community. if you haven't heard anything yet, you should really watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoiVlsIb_A
----
www.youtube.com/user/coverkiller - THE best album reviews on youtube!
21.10.2011 - 07:55
JCJen7
Written by Coverkiller on 21.10.2011 at 06:03

Here's a review of the album done by a member of the youtube music community. if you haven't heard anything yet, you should really watch this.

you're on metalstorm!? yay!
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
22.10.2011 - 01:40
Butters49
I think the music is pretty deecent. Its just Lou Reed's voice is like... SO FUCKING OFF KEY.
Fuck Lou Reed.

Metallica, youre still decent in my books. But maybe you could have been like, "Hey Lou... Your voice is kind of fucking off. Think you could make it sound good with the music?
Cuz this makes us look bad."

But then Lou Reed would be like, "IM LOU FUCKING REED. YOU SHALL BOW TO ME BECAUSE I WAS IN A SHITTY BAND CALLED THE VELVET UNDERGROUND."
And then the producers went up to Metallica and were like, "YEAH DONT YOU KNOW ANYTHING!!??? FUCK!!!!!!!!!!"
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
22.10.2011 - 05:18
ralph86
Man - I wanna give this a fair shot I really do - I've just been put off by what I've heard so far. Come on boys you can do better than this.... surely?
22.10.2011 - 11:36
fabregassed
Account deleted
I'm sure at one point for most people, Metallica has been their favourite band.

If this album came out 5-6 years ago, i'd be massively disappointed. But I hardly follow them now. Also, despite having extremely low expectations, Metallica outdid themselves.
22.10.2011 - 16:22
Rating: 4
Cyroth
Http://www.muzu.tv/gb/metalhammer/metallica-lou-reed-lulu-review-doms-iron-sandwich-music-video/1164773/
----
22.10.2011 - 17:06
iMorphball
For people who say that Metallica had nothing to do with the writing on this album, check this:

"All Songs by Lou Reed & Metallica
All Lyrics by Lou Reed"

That's from the official website.

"All lyrics written by Lou Reed, all music composed by Lou Reed, James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo."

From Wikipedia.

They definitely had part in this horrid, horrid piece of music feces.
22.10.2011 - 17:28
Rating: 3
Illwill
They still have time to cancel the release of this...thing, burn the masters and blame some kids of mixing different stolen unreleased recordings.
Beyond this horrible noise they try to call music, it's Metallica being deep into 1% of the rich and mocking everybody, laughing their asses at the expense of the 99%. Do not be surprised if their next "work" will be a blank CD which they will call a masterpiece. Sadly people will still buy it, attend their shows and make Metallica even richer...
Fucked up world we live in...
22.10.2011 - 19:14
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by Illwill on 22.10.2011 at 17:28

They still have time to cancel the release of this...thing, burn the masters and blame some kids of mixing different stolen unreleased recordings.
Beyond this horrible noise they try to call music, it's Metallica being deep into 1% of the rich and mocking everybody, laughing their asses at the expense of the 99%. Do not be surprised if their next "work" will be a blank CD which they will call a masterpiece. Sadly people will still buy it, attend their shows and make Metallica even richer...

The main problem with this pile of manure is not just the (lack of) quality, but the fact that it's going to sell simply because there's the Metallica (or Lou Reed) moniker on it... That's so sad.
22.10.2011 - 19:38
RavenKing
Written by [user id=115335] on 22.10.2011 at 11:36

I'm sure at one point for most people, Metallica has been their favourite band.

Not for me. I never ever liked Metallica.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
22.10.2011 - 19:39
RavenKing
Written by Illwill on 22.10.2011 at 17:28

Sad but true.
----
22.10.2011 - 21:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by RavenKing on 22.10.2011 at 19:39
Sad but true.

Whether accidental or not, that pun is the best I've seen in a while.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.10.2011 - 01:37
Coverkiller
Written by JCJen7 on 21.10.2011 at 07:55

had this for a while, but forgot the password. lol
but yeah, this album is an asshole sundae.
----
www.youtube.com/user/coverkiller - THE best album reviews on youtube!
24.10.2011 - 03:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

Sad but true.

What's even more depressing is this album will probably make them more money than I can make in 2 decades of actually putting effort into my career.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.10.2011 - 03:21
RavenKing
Written by Doc G. on 24.10.2011 at 03:17

Sad but true.

What's even more depressing is this album will probably make them more money than I can make in 2 decades of actually putting effort into my career.

The way some bands are so incredibly overrated can be insulting and defies all common sense.
When it comes to old bands, all logic seems to disappear.
----
24.10.2011 - 03:21
@gent_-_orange
I would be surprised if this didn't make the bottom 20, My god this is bad.
24.10.2011 - 03:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by @gent_-_orange on 24.10.2011 at 03:21
I would be surprised if this didn't make the bottom 20, My god this is bad.

It'll likely find itself sitting comfortable at number 1.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.10.2011 - 13:41
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Jesus fucking christ this is terrible
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
24.10.2011 - 15:47
Mikyz
Compared to this St.Anger sounds like Ride the Lightening. I'd rather shower myself with a ferret's excrement and baby vomit while having my balls cut off. Who the hell thought that this was a good idea? who the fuck decided that this sounded good? I'd pay to see that conversation.
Lou: Hey bros, I have a good idea let's make a really long album with half assed riffs and moronic spoken lyrics about a gal named Lulu who has her tits cut off!
Metallica: That's a great idea Lou! Let's do that! Our fans already love us enough I'm sure they'll still like us even if this might be the worst album every made period.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
24.10.2011 - 15:51
Yavanna
Written by Mikyz on 24.10.2011 at 15:47

Who the hell thought that this was a good idea? who the fuck decided that this sounded good? I'd pay to see that conversation.
Lou: Hey bros, I have a good idea let's make a really long album with half assed riffs and moronic spoken lyrics about a gal named Lulu who has her tits cut off!
Metallica: That's a great idea Lou! Let's do that! Our fans already love us enough I'm sure they'll still like us even if this might be the worst album every made period.

I would like to see it too
Perhaps the should make a documentary about it... that would be great
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
24.10.2011 - 15:53
Mikyz
One reply isn't enough.

This is the crap that craps crap. This the apotheosis of shit. A Brobdingnagian piece of utter cow dung.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
24.10.2011 - 19:32
The_Warcult
Lulu's really terrible. Junior Dad is the best track but still it's unnecessary long (19:28). The final ten minutes are just violins for christ's sake. But really overall, this is the worst album I've listened to this year. It's basically a poorly written glorified poetry reading with heavy metal guitars in the background.
25.10.2011 - 04:35
JCJen7
Written by Coverkiller on 24.10.2011 at 01:37

Written by JCJen7 on 21.10.2011 at 07:55

had this for a while, but forgot the password. lol
but yeah, this album is an asshole sundae.

what!? how could you forget a random string of numbers!?
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
26.10.2011 - 22:12
Rating: 6
Tiago Rocha
Dark Lighthouse
Cliff must be trembling in horror inside his casket...
27.10.2011 - 18:58
soadbyob
Account deleted
Written by Tiago Rocha on 26.10.2011 at 22:12

Cliff must be trembling in horror inside his casket...

Hopefully he will return, and show the world what REAL Metallica is...

Hits total: 80559 | This month: 63