Metal Storm logo
Who, in your opinion, has the best username?

Original post

Posted by LeChron James, 20.07.2008 - 22:54
i thought of this question when i was *ahem* BOMBED out of my skull a few nights ago but neglected to pose it. who do you think has the best username (for those of you that choose pseudonyms over real names)? discuss.

EDIT 7-22: a one worded "mine" answer isnt good enough, as lucas points out, so try and explain yourself without only saying "mine".
18.03.2011 - 13:51
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Himann on 08.03.2011 at 13:04
Wasn't suggesting that you copied it at all. Simply saying that others probably had a similar mindset to yours when creating their usernames. I remember there was some joke in 100 Reasons for being a Metalstormer (cant remember the exact topic name here) which indicated that lots of female MSers pick names with Angel in it.

Although I can see the reasoning behind why some might think that (females using the word "angel" in their username) Ive seen several men with angel in their usernames as well. lol In fact there's a few on MS. Ironangel and Angel Reaper being just 2 of them. xD

I thought I was being original when I chose my username, but seems I was wrong.
21.03.2011 - 06:43
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.03.2011 at 13:51

Wasn't suggesting that you copied it at all. Simply saying that others probably had a similar mindset to yours when creating their usernames. I remember there was some joke in 100 Reasons for being a Metalstormer (cant remember the exact topic name here) which indicated that lots of female MSers pick names with Angel in it.

Although I can see the reasoning behind why some might think that (females using the word "angel" in their username) Ive seen several men with angel in their usernames as well. lol In fact there's a few on MS. Ironangel and Angel Reaper being just 2 of them. xD

I had the same username for about 8 years. Got it when I was a young kid. YesImChad. Have not used it in years though.
29.03.2011 - 08:42
Void_Eater
Account deleted
I think that Bad English's name is perfect, seeing as he uses the absolute worst English I have ever seen. Not the best name-Mine is the obvious winner for that, seeing as nothing is more metal than an interdimmensional void consuming all in it's path-but his is the most fitting for the user behind the name.

What's a Cow also has a cool name. It's very philisophical... I mean, just what is a cow? If it truly is life, then why do we feel ok treating them as property? Why are they worshipped in India? Why is Steak so damn good? Why is their poo a key ingredient in the growth of flowers? Just what are these mysterious things we call cows?
29.03.2011 - 08:57
whatsacow
Written by [user id=111774] on 29.03.2011 at 08:42

I think that Bad English's name is perfect, seeing as he uses the absolute worst English I have ever seen. Not the best name-Mine is the obvious winner for that, seeing as nothing is more metal than an interdimmensional void consuming all in it's path-but his is the most fitting for the user behind the name.

What's a Cow also has a cool name. It's very philisophical... I mean, just what is a cow? If it truly is life, then why do we feel ok treating them as property? Why are they worshipped in India? Why is Steak so damn good? Why is their poo a key ingredient in the growth of flowers? Just what are these mysterious things we call cows?

Thankyou, but the reason behind me putting it as my username is hardly philisophical lol.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
29.03.2011 - 09:01
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by whatsacow on 29.03.2011 at 08:57

Thankyou, but the reason behind me putting it as my username is hardly philisophical lol.

I'm actually quite curious as to what it means... It's gotta be the most random username I've seen, on any website.
29.03.2011 - 12:13
whatsacow
Written by [user id=111774] on 29.03.2011 at 09:01

I'm actually quite curious as to what it means... It's gotta be the most random username I've seen, on any website.

It was an in-joke between me an my ex gf. I just use it now because its easy to remember, and because I doubt anyone else would use it. It is also a quote from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but thats not the reason it's my username lol.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
09.05.2011 - 23:27
theFIST
Written by whatsacow on 29.03.2011 at 12:13

It was an in-joke between me an my ex gf. I just use it now because its easy to remember, and because I doubt anyone else would use it. It is also a quote from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but thats not the reason it's my username lol.

i liked it better without the explanation
you could have so easily answered it with 42
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
10.05.2011 - 00:57
MetalSpider
Mine is obviously the best username here.

Actually its terrible lol! I don't what I was thinking when I picked it so long ago.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.05.2011 - 05:25
Guib
Thrash Talker
Personally I'd say Bad_English.. not because the username is awesome, I mean its pretty straight, but because it is accurate LOL
We still love your post but damnnnn lol ur username tells everything.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.05.2011 - 20:32
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by theFIST on 09.05.2011 at 23:27

Written by whatsacow on 29.03.2011 at 12:13

i liked it better without the explanation
you could have so easily answered it with 42

I showed my wife that movie for the first time last week, she loved it. She never wanted to see it until the day I forced her to watch it.
24.05.2011 - 17:57
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.03.2011 at 13:51

terribly wrong...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.05.2011 - 03:20
Metal_4Ever
For me I'd say Angel_Lament is Perfect..
27.05.2011 - 13:20
Sophist
Bulletdodger and Sophist bam
04.06.2011 - 01:29
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
I have one of the weakest names on MS

It's basically just my first 2 initials (EZ) and then numbers. I register with Easy772 if I can't think of a name for a site or I just don't care. I'll probably end up changing it when I think of something I like.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
11.06.2011 - 02:44
Dies Irae
I was kind of surprised that my name hadn't been taken before i registered

the point is that my name suits me (in a way) and it's close to my real first name

so admit people...mine is the coolest
14.06.2011 - 14:14
Elodie Artour
Slania
Pandabeer - it's just soo damn epic!

It's not the only one I love but probably the weirdest and funniest one I've seen on the site (along with Fat & Sassy! and Bad English, as well.) Besides, I also love the following nicknames: Lyrinan, Etaín, Ernotar, Evican, Sahen, Vranalalalalala, Ellrohir (Don't you guys miss him? ) ... Well, I currently can't think of any others.

P.S.: I couldn't choose just one. I wrote more generally about nicknames I really like, not about "the best ones" or something.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
14.06.2011 - 15:20
JD
Account deleted
Written by Dies Irae on 11.06.2011 at 02:44

I was kind of surprised that my name hadn't been taken before i registered

the point is that my name suits me (in a way) and it's close to my real first name

so admit people...mine is the coolest

Well am surprised too, and yes awesome nickname that you have
14.06.2011 - 16:47
theFIST
I prefer ¿
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
20.06.2011 - 16:57
VloRD
\m/ VloRD \m/
----
20.06.2011 - 17:02
Yavanna
And what VlorD would mean?
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
20.06.2011 - 17:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Elodie Artour on 14.06.2011 at 14:14

Ellrohir (Don't you guys miss him? )

...Who?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.06.2011 - 20:49
JD
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.06.2011 at 17:43

Written by Elodie Artour on 14.06.2011 at 14:14

Ellrohir (Don't you guys miss him? )

...Who?

Ellrohir (Don't you miss him?
20.06.2011 - 21:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
......Who?
----
Rod, let me love you.
20.06.2011 - 21:09
JD
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.06.2011 at 21:06

......Who?

This dude
http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=28251
20.06.2011 - 21:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by [user id=28526] on 20.06.2011 at 21:09

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.06.2011 at 21:06

......Who?

This dude
http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=28251

I guess I had to put more emoticons or something as my first post about him was obviously sarcasm as I don't care for that guy at all besides the comedy material he gave us.
----
Rod, let me love you.
21.06.2011 - 18:05
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Mr Doctor: I was joking, as well. Don't miss him at all.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
21.06.2011 - 18:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Elodie Artour on 21.06.2011 at 18:05

@Mr Doctor: I was joking, as well. Don't miss him at all.

heh, yeah that was fairly obvious, but JD didn't seem to catch on it and/or my comments about it.
----
Rod, let me love you.
21.06.2011 - 19:05
JD
Account deleted
Nope, i actually get it from the first post, he wasn't my friend or anything, but he sure was a nice dude, and i respect what he did.
24.06.2011 - 18:20
JD
Account deleted
Written by [user id=113163] on 04.03.2011 at 19:23

If anyone knows what mine means, points for you.

Well i don't like your username, no offense , but i like your avatar, i think its my favorite here, what is it?
24.06.2011 - 19:32
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by [user id=28526] on 24.06.2011 at 18:20

Written by [user id=113163] on 04.03.2011 at 19:23

If anyone knows what mine means, points for you.

Well i don't like your username, no offense , but i like your avatar, i think its my favorite here, what is it?

If you don't understand the username you will never understand the avatar. Its Hunter S. Thompson.