Metal Storm logo
Artist Block

13.03.2009 - 22:16
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
So I'm having an artist block. I usually paint surrealism ad abtract things but my mind keeps going to landscapes, its dumb. Any suggestions on how to get out of the funk? What would any of you do?
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
13.03.2009 - 22:34
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hmm, until you haven't done what's into your mind, you'll never be calm and concentrated to the things you're doing. It's like doing other things and thinking about something else. It's just not working like that.
13.03.2009 - 22:50
Elio
Red Nightmare
IMO you should paint landscapes. It's wrong being stuck to one style, most of the artist evolve their way of painting due to influences, new interests and so on. I'd do what my mind suggests until the block goes away
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.03.2009 - 00:00
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Yea I should just go ahead and paint the landscapes. It makes me feel all Thomas Kinkade. lol. I'll let you know how it goes. I use all mediums and I paint different things, styles, and such. It just the painting that brings me to the landscaped-ness. I guess I'll see how it goes
----
14.03.2009 - 00:14
Ragana
Rawrcat
IMO landscapes is the most easiest thing to paint, at least I've always loved to paint landscapes 'cause they are not that difficult. There are no small details like it's in boring compositions with wine bottles, apples and lots of materials in different colours. Probably that's why I left my school of Arts.

But yeah, maybe you really should try to paint some landscapes. There still are so many things to paint.
14.03.2009 - 03:53
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Elio on 13.03.2009 at 22:50

IMO you should paint landscapes. It's wrong being stuck to one style, most of the artist evolve their way of painting due to influences, new interests and so on. I'd do what my mind suggests until the block goes away

i totally agree with you. if all you have on your midn are landscapes, then paint lanscapes and you may learn new stuff, and evolve in your painting, and that's the most important thing. just keep on going and don't get stuck on the fist bump you encounter
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
14.03.2009 - 15:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Weed
15.03.2009 - 01:49
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Alrite, i painted the landscapes, but let me just make this clear. I am not a noob. But I think at least I got out of my funk a little bit. Now I'm starting on a renaissance piece. I wish I had a scanner so I could show you guys what I drew for a chestpiece I'm gonna get. Its a tribal-design demon vs. angel and the v is used on one end a halo and the other end horns, its gonna be rad
----