Metal Storm logo
Rowan Atkinson

Original post

Posted by Hamird, 11.05.2009 - 20:06
Not only in comedy but in all genres Rowan Atkinson is my very favorite actor.. So made this thread to share my ideas with others who are interested in his performances. So this thread is for general discussion about Rowan Atkinson..
He has two great sitcoms in his filmography.. The Black Adder and Mr. Bean which are totally different. I want to find out which one has more fans..
I personally found out The Black Adder funnier, though Mr. Bean is very funny but The Black Adder is something classic. All actors in this movie have done their bests.
Mr. Bean mostly is a simple action that makes everyone laugh. It's all about a simple stupid guy. But The Black Adder is something more. Making fun of historical faces is fantastic, and stories in The Black Adder are just awesome. I as a fan have nothing more expected to get from a comedy..

Poll

Which Atkinson appearance you like more?

The Black Adder
Mr. Bean

Total votes: 23
10.10.2009 - 11:34
Jan
Atkinson is amazing in both roles - but I just love his evil sarcasm in Blackadder - so Blackadder it is.

The third series are my favourite, closely followed by the fourth. I think the main supporting characters (Baldrick and the dimwit prince) are really shining in that series.

Honorable mention to Mr. Bean though - totally funny also.
12.10.2009 - 08:58
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Elite
While Mr. Bean is pretty good, the wittiness of Atkinson as Black Adder is just brilliant (especially from series 2)! One of my all time favourite TV shows!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
12.10.2009 - 10:30
tulkas
el parcero
What do you guys think about his performance in the movies he's been in. The Mr. Bean movies are really cool, I remember I loved the first one. The second not so much, but it was still really good. Still, I just love the movie Johnny English. It's not just really funny, but also the story is cool, and Natalie Imbruglia is hot
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
12.10.2009 - 18:31
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by tulkas on 12.10.2009 at 10:30

What do you guys think about his performance in the movies he's been in. The Mr. Bean movies are really cool, I remember I loved the first one. The second not so much, but it was still really good. Still, I just love the movie Johnny English. It's not just really funny, but also the story is cool, and Natalie Imbruglia is hot

I liked Johnny English more than Beans.. He only has one other film with major role, Keeping Mum.. That's a comedy-romantic film so don't expect to see a full time comedy like English or Bean. But his performance is great again..