Metal Storm logo
A Stoner's Journey

08.10.2010 - 08:42
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ahem... Hi there, Im Guib

I must admit, Im a sinner... a weed smoker, Grass Hoper, Pot Mangler and clearly... part-time Choker !
My point being, I love Marijuana, as a matter of fact I believe Im not the only one in that case and I know
that a thread about this subject is already going on. Although I've created this one for debate about the subject.
Here in Quebec (Canada) we pot smokers are probably a majority and im still wondering why it is Illegal
Don't tell me its bad for you when its been proven that Alcohol is probably more dangerous and we all know (us that tried the weed)
that being drunk affects you way more than being high !
Don't tell me that our society will benefit from it... We know that the Hemp is a wonderful ressource that can be used for many
things such as making clothes (not only smoking !) and that the Forest Industries made it illegal in fear of losing money !

So tell me your opinion on the subject
-Man made Booze, God made grass-
but why chosing when you can enjoy both !

-Guib- Aka Green Grass Hoper !
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
08.10.2010 - 18:09
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
You can use Hemp anyway. That's not illegal. It's a different strain.

I obsessively record my thoughts in the draft section of my phone messages when high and laugh at them at a later date.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
08.10.2010 - 18:13
vezzy
Stallmanite
Cool story bro.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
08.10.2010 - 23:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I used to smoke weed but not really all that much anymore...only on Monday nights when I'm playing Magic: The Gathering with my friends...yeah, you truely are the majority in Quebec with a province like Ontario (where I live now) or Nova Scotia (where I was born and raised) following a close second or third...I used to love driving into Montreal and just walking around smoking pot and getting it from people and taking in that wonderful city...Canada will probably make it legal soon enough...who knows...I quit drinking large quantities because it was making me fat and destroying my insides...I thought that I'd give up pot as much and just drink more but it doesn't work that way...
09.10.2010 - 06:21
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by [user id=2084] on 08.10.2010 at 23:30

I used to smoke weed but not really all that much anymore...only on Monday nights when I'm playing Magic: The Gathering with my friends...yeah, you truely are the majority in Quebec with a province like Ontario (where I live now) or Nova Scotia (where I was born and raised) following a close second or third...I used to love driving into Montreal and just walking around smoking pot and getting it from people and taking in that wonderful city...Canada will probably make it legal soon enough...who knows...I quit drinking large quantities because it was making me fat and destroying my insides...I thought that I'd give up pot as much and just drink more but it doesn't work that way...

yeah thats sad for your inside... here in quebec you talk to 4 people and you'll find a dealer
haha ! no kidding
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.10.2010 - 17:16
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I really love weed. I've had such great experiences and I hope they do legalise it but in a way that makes it not that accessible. Tax it like mad or something. I know it sounds stupid to want that but I think over time, I'd end up smoking every night and all weekend. It's not chemically addctive but it can be addictive just because it's damn pleasant.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
10.10.2010 - 17:51
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by -tom- on 10.10.2010 at 17:16

I really love weed. I've had such great experiences and I hope they do legalise it but in a way that makes it not that accessible. Tax it like mad or something. I know it sounds stupid to want that but I think over time, I'd end up smoking every night and all weekend. It's not chemically addctive but it can be addictive just because it's damn pleasant.

I so Underatand what you mean LOL
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.10.2010 - 18:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I'm Dutch. Bow down.

(And ehm, I don't smoke.)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.10.2010 - 18:16
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Lucas on 10.10.2010 at 18:00

I'm Dutch. Bow down.

(And ehm, I don't smoke.)

LOL ! what was the point in that comment
And you never smoked ? Not even a small little johnny ?
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.10.2010 - 18:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I'm not going to say never, but I sure find it overrated as hell.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.10.2010 - 18:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Lucas on 10.10.2010 at 18:17

What do you mean by Overrated... ?? Im not saying everyone should smoke, hell no... it would become way too expensive
besides, makes more for me
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.10.2010 - 18:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guib on 10.10.2010 at 18:31

What do you mean by Overrated... ?? Im not saying everyone should smoke, hell no... it would become way too expensive

When there's so much out there, why smoke weed? Anyway, I quit everything and it's best for me not to discuss these matters.
----

10.10.2010 - 18:42
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Lucas on 10.10.2010 at 18:41

Written by Guib on 10.10.2010 at 18:31

When there's so much out there, why smoke weed? Anyway, I quit everything and it's best for me not to discuss these matters.

Oh Well im sorry didn't want to go in hurting details.. its just since you posted here I figured you wouldn't mind
Beside I agree smoking is probly not that great... but its not my fault if i enjoy being high
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.10.2010 - 18:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
No need to apologize. I need to know better, haha.
----

11.10.2010 - 17:00
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Between high school and the army I smoked quite a bit of weed and the army only took the top of. I was never addicted though and it wasn't every weekend and so but it was good fun watching stand-up or a funny movie while being high. Been a while since I smoked last time, but I don't really miss it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
13.10.2010 - 06:04
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by ThisIsNotHere on 12.10.2010 at 01:00

I've smoked weed on occasion, but it never did anything profound or desirable. Makes me too lethargic and unfocused, and isn't entertaining enough to warrant that.

What do you mean not entertaining enough... I don't need much to be entertained
I'm that simple
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.10.2010 - 06:46
ThisIsNotHere
Written by Guib on 13.10.2010 at 06:04

I've smoked weed on occasion, but it never did anything profound or desirable. Makes me too lethargic and unfocused, and isn't entertaining enough to warrant that.

I'm that simple

Makes me too slow in relation to the positive effects. And given my brain chemistry, I've found psychedelics to be more interesting.
----
I almost cried because I acted so insensitive
13.10.2010 - 06:48
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by ThisIsNotHere on 13.10.2010 at 06:46

Written by Guib on 13.10.2010 at 06:04

I'm that simple

Makes me too slow in relation to the positive effects. And given my brain chemistry, I've found psychedelics to be more interesting.

Haha, I demend exemples !
I do enjoy Shrooms and PCP from time to time LOL
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.10.2010 - 08:35
Guib
Thrash Talker
Quote:
Quote:

Not incriminating myself here but certain ones can be useful in understanding how the brain works when neurotransmitters are altered, as well as revealing less obvious aspects of personality. After effects are pretty sucky though... fucking up your brain enough for complete out of body experiences tends to make for a long recovery time, and I've found that it becomes more of an escape from reality, losing its purpose.

You think too much while doing your drugs
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.10.2010 - 08:50
Guib
Thrash Talker
Quote:
Quote:
Written by ThisIsNotHere on 13.10.2010 at 21:22

Written by Guib on 13.10.2010 at 08:35

Not incriminating myself here but certain ones can be useful in understanding how the brain works when neurotransmitters are altered, as well as revealing less obvious aspects of personality. After effects are pretty sucky though... fucking up your brain enough for complete out of body experiences tends to make for a long recovery time, and I've found that it becomes more of an escape from reality, losing its purpose.

You think too much while doing your drugs

If I'm partaking in an activity that could be potentially damaging or (at the very least) consuming a large chunk of time, it better have more of a reward than a few hours of fun. And proper harm reduction is a necessity, requiring some knowledge of pharmacology and psychology.

Careless and impulsive substance use rarely ends well, as I've learned from personal experience.

Oh well, mine always went great
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
15.10.2010 - 21:11
Sunioj
Man, I love weed.. but I can't smoke it as much anymore because it started giving me panic attacks and man, oh man... I get the best weed ever. I've had this fat nug of Brazilian kush in my apt for the last week. It looks almost untouched.
16.10.2010 - 16:45
ForeverDarkWoods
Alcohol is a fucking crappy drug. Weed is where it's at. I fucking love weed. Spent most of my free time in high school sitting with some friends in a basement playing videogames while passing around crappy homemade bongs (except during one period where we had a real one and everything was glorious) or smoking joints. I also passed high school with straight As, basically.

Weed will make nearly anything better in nearly any situation.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
30.11.2010 - 09:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 16.10.2010 at 16:45

Alcohol is a fucking crappy drug. Weed is where it's at. I fucking love weed. Spent most of my free time in high school sitting with some friends in a basement playing videogames while passing around crappy homemade bongs (except during one period where we had a real one and everything was glorious) or smoking joints. I also passed high school with straight As, basically.

Weed will make nearly anything better in nearly any situation.

LOL HAHA nice I totally agree
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here