Metal Storm logo
Audioslave

Original post

Posted by darksun, 27.09.2006 - 20:36
I think audioslave is one of the greatest rock bands now.To me chris cornell has an unbeliavebly special voice and their albums have high quality compared to other rock bands
So what's your opinion?
21.08.2008 - 18:40
Elio
Red Nightmare
they're good...not as RATM though. well, worth listen to them.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
15.10.2008 - 07:13
DevilBabi
Audioslave is brillant.
I was worried about it when i first heard the album. If it would be crap or not. However, i was pleasently surprised.
I loved it. His vioce, is nothing short of brillant. And the slightly harder edge has made way for them to break into mainstream.
Definately a 9/10 from me
14.04.2009 - 10:55
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Well.. they are not crap...

Some of their songs are very pleasent to listen. I like the first successes ''Show me how to live'' and ''Like a stone''.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.04.2009 - 22:57
Gigginova
Account deleted
Damn they have a nice sound!!!

Chris Cornell is one of the best singers I've ever heard. Soundgarden and RATM is a great combination.

I heard that Cornell left them though.
15.08.2009 - 12:14
Lachy
Account deleted
I love Audioslave and RATM! both are great bands! Tom Morrello is a great guitarist! Corrnell is a great singer, and the rest of them are great musicians!
20.08.2009 - 11:24
dEAthB3D
Chris cornell is an ok singer, tom morello is great, his guitar effects are sick! his sweeps are cool... something that i've expected from michael angelo batio's pupil
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
03.11.2009 - 13:10
JD
Account deleted
Written by [user id=41104] on 15.08.2009 at 12:14

I love Audioslave and RATM! both are great bands! Tom Morrello is a great guitarist! Corrnell is a great singer, and the rest of them are great musicians!

Agree...Tom Morrello is a great guitarist!, Corrnell is a great singer but i prefer Audioslave on RATM although i adore RATM's lyrics...
05.11.2009 - 07:10
Lachy
Account deleted
Written by [user id=28526] on 03.11.2009 at 13:10

Written by [user id=41104] on 15.08.2009 at 12:14

Agree...Tom Morrello is a great guitarist!, Corrnell is a great singer but i prefer Audioslave on RATM although i adore RATM's lyrics...

The thing that makes Tom Morrello is good is all the different and strange sounds he can get out of a guitar.
26.04.2011 - 10:56
The Turbanator
Tom Morello is the best guitarist ever. Hands down. Beats Slash anyday.

And I prefer RATM than Audioslave. Angry lyrics, radical guitar riffs, funky bass and hard drums. Enough to create a movement.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
26.04.2011 - 16:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by The Turbanator on 26.04.2011 at 10:56

Tom Morello is the best guitarist ever. Hands down. Beats Slash anyday.

That isn't exactly something I'd call an accomplishment. Morello isn't that mindblowing either.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.05.2012 - 19:06
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I just wished for some pure rock a couple of days ago so I dug into my discography and re-discovered Audioslave (yes, bascially because Soundgarden just did a song for The Avengers and my mindset immediately flowed from Soundgarden through Chris to Audioslave). I havent' really listened much to them since the break up and the Soundgarden reunion, but man, after quite some time of Audioslave pause I find their music to be even better than before. I still seem to love Revelations the most, followed by their eponymous debut. It seems like I'm in the mood for some pure rock n roll, nothing to fancy, nothing too complicated, but hard n heavy. And I still think Cornell is one of the best rock vocalists out there!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
10.05.2012 - 19:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I like Audioslave in compartmentalize especially if they keep swinging their tracks on MTV. Well, hardly you will see the other rock band songs than Audioslave streaming repetitively on VH1 or otherwise that old garbage stupid monkey shits like Simple Plan, U2 or The Beatles.

PS: VH1 and MTV are the only music channels featured in the main TV shows. But I do miss VH1 plus which feature some real tight Metal stuff.