Metal Storm logo
Discuss Borderlands 2

Original post

Posted by psykometal, 28.08.2012 - 02:39
Looking forward to Borderlands 2 next month, kind of surprised there's not already a thread created for it so I guess I'll get it started. I think I am probably going to start off playing as Zer0 because I love his stealth and sword tactics and his special looks cool as shit. I also put my pre-order in like 6 months ago on PS3 so can't wait til they release The Mechromancer around Christmas time. Glad to know they are also adding in the ability to actually customize the guns in-game (can't wait to see how that is going to work) since Sony put the kibosh on save file modding, that was my biggest complaint about Borderlands was not being able to customize the weapons at all (what you found was what you got), other than that the game was fucking awesome!!!
13.10.2012 - 21:59
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Slayer666 on 13.10.2012 at 13:15

Like that Tina girl. You laugh at her batshit insanity and wackiness until that mission where you help her capture and torture Flesh Stick. Then you find out the reason she's so fucked up is because Flesh Stick tortured and killed her parents before her very eyes when she was younger and you're kinda "Oooh... yeah, I probably shouldn't have laughed".

Yeah, that's one of those specific instances I was referring when I said that.

During the "tea party" or interrogation/torture session, I was laughing all the way through. Funniest torture session ever. Then at the end when you realize what's going on, that he was the cause of her parent's death... she kills him, and you can hear the pain and hate in her voice as she says, "Best party... ever." Suddenly this crazy, funny, seemingly light-hearted character turned into a very dark and tormented soul...

Ouch. I was floored. Borderlands 2 has more character and emotion in a single side-quest than Diablo 3 has in the whole game.
----
14.10.2012 - 01:10
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
FYI, in case others have not heard/read yet, the first DLC pack is dropping on Tuesday called "Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty". Can go here for all currently released info about the DLC. Me personally, I can't freakin' wait!
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.11.2012 - 09:25
slinx
Unfortunately my Xbox got the 'open tray' disease as soon as I paid for the Season Pass. It will be a month until I can get back into gaming like I used to.

Borderlands 2 doesn't strike me as good as the first game, but it seems to meet expectations, so that's a good thing. For all the new things put into it, it doesn't seem to have as much character as it did before. As a fan, I hope they don't overextend the franchise and make a third game, as there isn't much they can do but clone the success of earlier times. Then again, that's what Halo and Call Of Duty have done.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
10.11.2012 - 09:39
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by slinx on 10.11.2012 at 09:25

Unfortunately my Xbox got the 'open tray' disease as soon as I paid for the Season Pass. It will be a month until I can get back into gaming like I used to.

Borderlands 2 doesn't strike me as good as the first game, but it seems to meet expectations, so that's a good thing. For all the new things put into it, it doesn't seem to have as much character as it did before. As a fan, I hope they don't overextend the franchise and make a third game, as there isn't much they can do but clone the success of earlier times. Then again, that's what Halo and Call Of Duty have done.

You are the first I've seen say they liked the first one more. I, like most everyone else, think this one is far superior; granted there are a few things I wish they hadn't gotten rid of but this one is still way better. I assume you haven't seen the end of the main story yet otherwise you wouldn't be hoping that BL2 is the end, I won't go into any detail but the ending is definitely left open for "overextending" the franchise...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.11.2012 - 09:55
slinx
Quote:
Quote:

You are the first I've seen say they liked the first one more. I, like most everyone else, think this one is far superior; granted there are a few things I wish they hadn't gotten rid of but this one is still way better. I assume you haven't seen the end of the main story yet otherwise you wouldn't be hoping that BL2 is the end, I won't go into any detail but the ending is definitely left open for "overextending" the franchise...

I haven't beaten it yet, I was on pace to beat it in the first two weeks, but I didn't go into overkill mode and wanted to savor it. I had friends who beat it in the first few days. Then my CD-ROM fucked up and ending my gaming.

I just feel the first game had more character, while this game is an amped up clone. Everything I like about the first game is repeated in the sequel, but it just seems to have less depth.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
21.11.2012 - 20:41
FinnishSammich
I dunno, it's decent but I liked the first one more.
18.12.2012 - 22:45
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by FinnishSammich on 21.11.2012 at 20:41

I'm surprised that anyone in the world is saying this at all, but I also have a friend from work that thinks the same way. It's strange and somewhat unexpected, but interesting.
----
23.12.2012 - 22:50
king_matt
Written by Jaeryd on 18.12.2012 at 22:45

Written by FinnishSammich on 21.11.2012 at 20:41

I'm surprised that anyone in the world is saying this at all, but I also have a friend from work that thinks the same way. It's strange and somewhat unexpected, but interesting.

I felt that way at first, but the more I played BL2, the more the characters and gameplay grew on me. Now I think BL2 is ten times better than the first.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt