It damn sure is:thumbup:
06.08.2013 - 14:28
Neroese
Account deleted
Written by SydneyDude on 29.07.2013 at 22:40

Written by KennethGilYanoRubio on 28.07.2013 at 18:12

Metal

It damn sure is:thumbup:

Sounds more atmospheric than progressive deathcore, but hell yea! That's metal for all core hatefuckers.
07.08.2013 - 07:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Lookin' forward to this!
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

19.08.2013 - 06:20
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Album is sounding good. Need to give it a few more listens, but upon first inspection I definitely like what I hear.
----

19.08.2013 - 18:47
Rating: 8
Rulatore
Some filler songs, but overall it was a good listen, it has some really great songs
20.08.2013 - 01:07
Rating: 6
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by psykometal on 19.08.2013 at 06:20

Album is sounding good. Need to give it a few more listens, but upon first inspection I definitely like what I hear.

How does it compare to the previous album? I didn't like any of their other ones so only the quality relative to the last one is relevant
20.08.2013 - 01:12
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by LeKiwi on 20.08.2013 at 01:07

How does it compare to the previous album? I didn't like any of their other ones so only the quality relative to the last one is relevant

Yea, I didn't care for any of the pre-Discovery stuff either, was entirely too derivative and genre typical. The Discovery was the shit though, and this album is very similar in sound and style. Can't really say I like it more or less yet, I haven't had much time to listen to it past the first listen. But I can say I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some, or many, consider it like The Discovery pt 2, I don't really care though cuz I don't think I'm ready for them to try to advance beyond that sound or style yet anyway.
----

20.08.2013 - 01:19
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
If it's like The Discovery then I'm happy. I wasn't that keen on the clean vocals used on that video they posted but the music was still good though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.08.2013 - 09:58
Neroese
Account deleted
Ok, time to little rewiev:

I listened to this album, and I must say, that they're now closer to atmospheric deathcore than progressive. Looks like without Jason they lost this 'something'. Ofc. it's not 'The Discovery' - it wouldn't be good if their sound would not change. I think that this release is more melodic that previous, also theres more electronics and keyboards, that sometimes follow guitars (and vice versa). There are some repetitive ideas and some songs are 'filling' this album.

Overall - I'm a bit dissapointed. 'The Discovery' push me into progressive deathcore. BoO was my first band playing like that and made deathcore worth listen to. 'Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die ∆live' - strange, cuz I feel like something really die in them. I don't say that this album is bad - no, it's good, but sounds a bit medicore for me.
20.08.2013 - 11:51
Uldreth
Written by [user id=127889] on 20.08.2013 at 09:58

Ok, time to little rewiev:

I listened to this album, and I must say, that they're now closer to atmospheric deathcore than progressive. Looks like without Jason they lost this 'something'. Ofc. it's not 'The Discovery' - it wouldn't be good if their sound would not change. I think that this release is more melodic that previous, also theres more electronics and keyboards, that sometimes follow guitars (and vice versa). There are some repetitive ideas and some songs are 'filling' this album.

Overall - I'm a bit dissapointed. 'The Discovery' push me into progressive deathcore. BoO was my first band playing like that and made deathcore worth listen to. 'Born Of Osiris - Tomorrow We Die ∆live' - strange, cuz I feel like something really die in them. I don't say that this album is bad - no, it's good, but sounds a bit medicore for me.

I'd still say it is progressive because it is atypical for its genre.

But anyways, on first listen I like this a bit less than The Discovery too, BUT it is more listenable. TD was very long for its own good and when listened to in one session just felt drawn-out and at times boring. Also Illusionist is one of the best BoO songs ever imo.

As for the style debate - I think there ARE some elements from their pre-Discovery stuffs here, mainly from The New Reign which I did like. This album has more of that underlying mathy chug patterns than there were in TD and TNR had many of those. But it also built and expanded on elements that were prevailent in TD more - namely there are more electonics here than in TD and TD already had way more than their old stuffs.
20.08.2013 - 12:47
Neroese
Account deleted
Written by Uldreth on 20.08.2013 at 11:51

I'd still say it is progressive because it is atypical for its genre.

But anyways, on first listen I like this a bit less than The Discovery too, BUT it is more listenable. TD was very long for its own good and when listened to in one session just felt drawn-out and at times boring. Also Illusionist is one of the best BoO songs ever imo.

As for the style debate - I think there ARE some elements from their pre-Discovery stuffs here, mainly from The New Reign which I did like. This album has more of that underlying mathy chug patterns than there were in TD and TNR had many of those. But it also built and expanded on elements that were prevailent in TD more - namely there are more electonics here than in TD and TD already had way more than their old stuffs.

YOu've got a point about construction of album. 'The Discovery' was a bit long and boring after 1-3 listens, which I cannot say about newest release - it's dymanic and songs fluently comes to next track. Perfect for gaming.
BTW - Wonder why Jason went to Chelsea Grin while everybody loves his work on BoO?
20.08.2013 - 17:15
Rating: 7
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
A little too much chugga chug. But all in all its not too bad.
20.08.2013 - 17:51
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by [user id=127889] on 20.08.2013 at 12:47

BTW - Wonder why Jason went to Chelsea Grin while everybody loves his work on BoO?

He was kicked out of the band. According to Jason they're very into drugs and alcohol and he bitched about their addictions constantly so they fired him.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150514235038930&id=611298929
----

21.08.2013 - 11:12
Neroese
Account deleted
Aw...thats why. But It's not excuse why he joined so shitty band that Chelsea Grin was B-)
21.08.2013 - 11:45
Uldreth
Meh, that's low of them. Obviously this won't modify my perception of their music but srsly, I am disappoint.

As for CG, I have very faint memories of that EP but I think I actually liked their previous stuff more. They had some nice sweeps occasionally.
21.08.2013 - 14:32
Saiyanity
As a fan of pretty much all the bands previous material this was a huge disappointment for me. There's a few good tracks and it perked up a bit in the latter half for me, but over-all it was an incredibly bland listen. I think my main issue with this is just how damn uninspired it sounds. Seems like they just played what people wanted to hear and tried to cater to the masses, the whole thing feels very contrived to me. Who knows though, maybe it will grow on me in time.
24.08.2013 - 05:21
Rating: 7
hadriel
A bit of a letdown after The Discovery. It's unfortunate because there are some really solid tracks here, but its also riddled with a lot of mediocre filler. Definitely a lot less innovative and interesting to listen to than their prior effort. Latter half of the album really picks up some steam with some great tracks, but it just feels like its missing a piece that made TD so special.
24.08.2013 - 08:49
DragonWisdom
Im just really happy the Keys play such a significant role in this release.
----
Keep it Brutal!!!
24.08.2013 - 13:28
Zap
Just checked this band out for the first time, and I must say they surprised me.
It's like a nice compilation of everything I hate about metal.
25.08.2013 - 11:13
Obay
Can someone explains to me what progressive deathcore means ? a bunch of emo kids who recently discovered Dream Theater ? oh no they're not emo kids ! they look tough !
25.08.2013 - 13:08
Uldreth
Written by Obay on 25.08.2013 at 11:13

Can someone explains to me what progressive deathcore means ? a bunch of emo kids who recently discovered Dream Theater ? oh no they're not emo kids ! they look tough !

What does emo have anything to do with deathcore?

Progressive deathcore is deathcore that uses structures, songwriting methods and musical elements that are unusual within the genre.

Example bands would be this one, After The Burial, Knives Exchanging Hands, The Contortionist, Between The Buried And Me's first album, From A Second Story Window, early The Red Chord, Ion Dissonance (from one point of view the label definitely applies, though simply calling it mathcore might do it) and War From A Harlots Mouth.
25.08.2013 - 15:21
Obay
Written by Uldreth on 25.08.2013 at 13:08

Written by Obay on 25.08.2013 at 11:13

What does emo have anything to do with deathcore?

Progressive deathcore is deathcore that uses structures, songwriting methods and musical elements that are unusual within the genre.

Example bands would be this one, After The Burial, Knives Exchanging Hands, The Contortionist, Between The Buried And Me's first album, From A Second Story Window, early The Red Chord, Ion Dissonance (from one point of view the label definitely applies, though simply calling it mathcore might do it) and War From A Harlots Mouth.

Thanks for the enlightenment ,, really will check them out ,, it's just I saw too many bands with the word " Core " tagged along with them and didn't like what I saw ,,
29.08.2013 - 00:06
Fredd
Account deleted
05.09.2013 - 21:44
Neroese
Account deleted
Written by [user id=114127] on 29.08.2013 at 00:06

I think they want to have characteristic sign, like THALL fol djentlemans.
30.10.2013 - 09:14
Coconut Racecar
I don't mind Born Of Osiris, decent tunes. But I have to say, they're really not that interesting besides having a nice atmosphere. If you take away the keyboards they're not very different from any other deathcore bands. Just a lot of chuggy-chuggy riffs and blast beats. Still, they incorporate the keys pretty nicely so I give them that.
28.01.2014 - 02:59
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by hadriel on 24.08.2013 at 05:21

A bit of a letdown after The Discovery. It's unfortunate because there are some really solid tracks here, but its also riddled with a lot of mediocre filler. Definitely a lot less innovative and interesting to listen to than their prior effort. Latter half of the album really picks up some steam with some great tracks, but it just feels like its missing a piece that made TD so special.

Precisely my thoughts; they lost that...spark. Shame really, but at least the album is solid as a whole, it will garner them some attention
28.02.2014 - 16:12
Rating: 8
Reaper_Redeemer
Synths made this album interesting for me. And possibly I am the only one XD
08.07.2014 - 02:20
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Coconut Racecar on 30.10.2013 at 09:14

I don't mind Born Of Osiris, decent tunes. But I have to say, they're really not that interesting besides having a nice atmosphere. If you take away the keyboards they're not very different from any other deathcore bands. Just a lot of chuggy-chuggy riffs and blast beats. Still, they incorporate the keys pretty nicely so I give them that.

The previous album has some very intricate instrumentation which this album lacks severely. I suggest you check it out and your opinion will change.
02.12.2014 - 17:02
Rating: 9
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
This album was a grower for me. It lacks some of the awesome riffs from The Discovery, which was just an amazing album. But over time I accepted this as the keyboard player's turn to shine, and it has become a favorite.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.

Hits total: 10480 | This month: 5