Metal Storm logo
Amorphis

20.05.2006 - 17:07
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Amorphis new thread for new forum,
well i know almost everyone on forum said hwat they think or don't think about Amorphis, (my fav band of all times)
but im sure lots of memebrs here will or allready did saw Amorphis live on this new Euro Tour, so if u can tell us more about those shows, how was it what setlist was etc....
and what do u think about Amorphis new album Eclipse
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
20.05.2006 - 23:30
Avenant
Profane Seraph
I don't get to see any shows, living in the dark places of the world
But the album is very good... that track "the smoke" is my favorite. I think it's one of their best albums really, and it had a lot to live up to so that's saying something.
21.05.2006 - 15:36
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well south Africa is so far away, but nothing better ain't here so i don't have chance to see them too,
agree with album, it's surly best album of 2006
----
Erno Paasilinna
21.05.2006 - 16:28
Kurzag
Account deleted
Great band I must say. Good lyrics also. And about their latest album. I like it, I have listen to a lot. Their new vocalist have done a great job on the album. So far Eclipse is one of the best releases this year.
25.05.2006 - 19:20
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Amorphis is an excellent band
Great vocals and guitar work.. What the hell do you want more when you have Amorphis..
25.05.2006 - 19:45
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@belgianmetalman
well i want to see them live
----
Erno Paasilinna
25.05.2006 - 22:23
TimeInMyHands
Account deleted
First two albums are very good... but then it goes a little downhill after that.
26.05.2006 - 04:58
Danielazo
Account deleted
mmm everyone was talking that Eclipse was a masterpiece, a stronger piece and a good turn on the band's sound, but I found it rather dissapointing, even Far From The Sun was better...

Amorphis is for me basically Tales From The Thousand Lakes and Elegy, nothing more attracts me.
26.05.2006 - 15:01
demons_guardian
Account deleted
Last month i bought Eclipse & i think its very well done, i find myself listening to it more & more evry week

This month i bought Am Universum to me this album is good from what i have listened to, but IMO i like Eclipse better,

but still Amorphis is a GREAT band and from the albums ive listened to but dont have i like Tales From The Thousand Lakes
26.05.2006 - 16:50
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@ Danielazo
well Eclipse is mix of Far From The Sun and Tales acordin to Esa.But to Eclipse is much better album the FFTS its stronger and songs r better then on Sun, all in all amorphis always rocked and always will
----
Erno Paasilinna
23.06.2006 - 16:24
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Eclipse is also avalible on Vinyl

Quote:
A limited vinyl edition of Eclipse in a deluxe gatefold sleeve will be released by Black Lodge Records under worldwide license from Nuclear Blast on June 23, 2006. You can pre-order your copy through the Nuclear Blast Online Shop or directly from Black Lodge.

from www.Amorphis.net
----
Erno Paasilinna
05.07.2006 - 17:06
rebelos
Account deleted
well eclipse was pretty amazing...
i didn't expect something like that after Far From The Sun...
the thing with this band is that
every single album is DIFFERENT!!!
IMO Tuonela is their masterpiece cause
it combines elements from all their Influences!
08.07.2006 - 17:43
Alkhemyst
I finally saw Amorphis live with Tomi Joutsen as vocalist (Tuska festival 2006). He is really energetic and does his job extremely well. Actually I prefer him over Pasi Koskinen. Especially because Koskinen is known as pretty boring live performer.

Eclipse has become one of my favourite Amorphis albums along with Tales From The Thousand Lakes and Elegy. Though their every album is good by it´s own way. Except Far From The Sun which sucks. Amorphis has now resurrected and they are going forward stronger than ever before. Though it will be difficult to reach the excellency of Eclipse with their next album.
----
Those words we have got
From the North´s furthest fields
From the heaths of Kalevala
08.07.2006 - 19:13
KryptoN
imperceptible
Amorphis is indeed a great band. I'm a big fan of the first half of their discography and the other half isn't that bad either. My favourite must be "Tales From The Thousand Lakes" like it is for many others. Far From The Sun is probably the weakest album they have released IMO, and I'm not too big on Eclipse either (though it has a couple of awesome songs (like "House Of Sleep" & "Leaves Scar"). Koskinen's voice was very fitting on those few albums he was on. But I'm actually happy he's now concentrating on Ajattara which is one of my very favourite bands too. I haven't yet formed a solid opinion about Joutsen's voice, but if I had to say something, it sounds pretty generic to me.

The albums I currently own:
- Tales From The Thousand Lakes / Black Winter Day
- Elegy
- Tuonela
- Am Universum

And I also saw them live in Nummirock this year, and here's the setlist (--- means I didn't recognize the song):

Leaves Scar
Alone
Against Widows
In The Beginning
Divinity
Under A Soil And Black Stone
Born From Fire
The Smoke
Karelia
Sign From The North Side
---
My Kantele
House Of Sleep
The Castaway

It was a very good set and gig. I would give it 9/10
09.07.2006 - 00:47
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@KryptoN
yeah i heard it was gr8 show, i saw lots of pics rom that show ,
damn i wanna see AMORPHIS live
----
Erno Paasilinna
26.08.2006 - 03:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I like Tuonela, Am Universum, and Far From The Sun, the more melodic albums. Eclipse... I'm notsure if I should get it, without Pasi... The first ones, I personally did not like them that much....
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.08.2006 - 17:32
Anathemani@c
As I search more their discography, I start to realise that they are a great band and it is becoming one of my favourites!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
26.08.2006 - 18:10
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@ Anathemani@c
yeah they r great band
from first to last album they kick ass, and they r always good,
they never lose on qulity when they change some member in band in fact that gives them more and more quality and more great ideas so they always sound better and better

i thought they will sux without Pasi at Eclipse but i was so fuckin wrong
----
Erno Paasilinna
28.08.2006 - 10:37
ironman2002
So, my question about Eclipse is: "To buy on not to buy?"
28.08.2006 - 14:16
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I saw Amorphis live at Ankkarock this month. They weren´t probably on their best, because they were supposed to play their gig only the following day. Because of one cancelling, they stepped in only hours after returning from Sweden. But still they played a very enjoyable gig. I think Mr. Joutsen has done a good job and his voice works well even in the older songs.
----
You'll never walk alone.
28.08.2006 - 15:18
ironman2002
to Ernotar:
God, what a happy person you are! You live in Finland. You can see amazing gigs every week!
28.08.2006 - 21:39
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ ironman2002 Well, I´m not complaining. But the best gigs are usually in Tavastia and I´m not old enough to get in, so I miss most of the fun. And money is another problem. But luckily we have amazing festivals with drunken people and great bands.

And about "Eclipse"... it´s definitely worth buying.
----
You'll never walk alone.
28.08.2006 - 21:53
ironman2002
Written by Ernotar on 28.08.2006 at 21:39

But luckily we have amazing festivals with drunken people and great bands.

Yeah, when i was 16-17 y.o. i lived my life exactly like that.
29.08.2006 - 14:19
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by ironman2002 on 28.08.2006 at 10:37

I will join Ernotar in saying it is definelty worth buying Eclipse - you will be missing something good if you don't.

Finland really is the best place to live these days - until winter comes anyway.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
29.08.2006 - 16:27
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem

u still didn't buy it ?! damn hurry up
----
Erno Paasilinna
29.08.2006 - 16:32
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ hanna Maybe you foreigners see winter as some negative thing, but where do you think all great Finnish bands like Amorphis get their inspiration... Finns are used to winter. After all, it lasts from 4 to 5 months here.

@ ironman2002 I think some people have got stuck with that sort of lifestyle here. At a Finnish summerfestival you´re most likely to spot a 30-year-old drunken man who tries to fins someone young and fool enough to spend the night with him.
----
You'll never walk alone.
29.08.2006 - 16:33
Anathemani@c

Of course to buy! A really great alboum! I bought it yesterday!
----
Trapped in time
29.08.2006 - 16:36
Anathemani@c
Written by EddieGunner on 26.08.2006 at 18:10

@ Anathemani@c
yeah they r great band
from first to last album they kick ass, and they r always good,
they never lose on qulity when they change some member in band in fact that gives them more and more quality and more great ideas so they always sound better and better

i thought they will sux without Pasi at Eclipse but i was so fuckin wrong

Yes! I realised that yesterday. Such a great alboum.. Clean and brutal vocals.. So much feeling and most of all MELANCHOLY an SORROW!!!!!!!:thumbup:
----
Trapped in time
31.08.2006 - 17:07
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah tomi sings verry well
and it's easy to say now that hes was good for band
but i still miss pasi on some old songs
----
Erno Paasilinna
22.09.2006 - 05:16
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I recently got "Eclipse" and I agree with Anathemani@c, Tomi has great vocals, he can do both clean and harsh vocals, he does a great job. His voice is very different frorm Pasi's, but still has a great voice. The album is great, melancholic and filled of dispair and sorrow, what Amorphis does best. Deffinitely one of their best albums, and proves that this new era will only bring success and cooler albums.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!