Metal Storm logo
Wargasm

12.04.2007 - 21:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Somehow this great thrash metal band from Boston is always overlooked and also criminally underrated, they released thre great albums between 1988 and 1995 and a Christmas single in 2000 but that's it.

Here is what www.rockdetector.com has to say about them:

Stoughton, Massachusetts Thrashers WARGASM issued the demos 'Satan Stole My Lunch Money' and 'Rainbows, Kittens, Flowers And Puppies' in 1986. After the 1988 'Why Play Around?' album, released on Profile Records, the band released a further set of demos, 'Your Dogs Teeth' in 1990 and the single track 'Spirit In Decay', that September, engineered by Bruce Bennett at Kashmir Studios in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, with 'Gasm It' arriving in 1991. The band signed to the German Massacre label for the 1993 'Fireball' EP and subsequent 'Ugly' album of 1994. After issuing the 1995 'Suicide Notes' album WARGASM called it a day, bowing out with a show at Boston's Rat Club on 11th February 1995.

The band returned in 2000, issuing the seasonal single ' Little Drummer Boy / Jingle Hell' via Transmission Records. Former WARGASM drummer Barry Spillberg joined the reconvened MELIAH RAGE during 2003. A ten year hiatus would be broken as WARGASM reunited for an appearance at the Middle East venue in Cambridge, Massachusetts on 18th September 2004.

I am sure that there must be some fans of the band aorund here on MS. So, please tell me what you think of them.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.04.2007 - 22:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well I always wanna hear album ''Why Play Around'' and ''Ugly'' but Hawnt get them i know only songs from MySpace page and its awsome its awsome band something from old school 90ties thrash

But you mean this band

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/warg.htm
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.04.2007 - 01:14
Mega-Slayer
Every time I see "Why Play Around" on ebay it's really expensive,maybe one of the most sought after thrash albums?One day I hope I can get it.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
13.04.2007 - 01:25
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Mega-Slayer on 13.04.2007 at 01:14

Every time I see "Why Play Around" on ebay it's really expensive,maybe one of the most sought after thrash albums?One day I hope I can get it.

Yeah, I've been searching for that album as well, but I haven't been able to find it for a decent price on a site I trust. Amazon doesn't even have it...err at least they didn't have it the last time I checked (not saying that I trust them though lol)
14.06.2007 - 09:38
Syk
myspace/bonerama
You don't trust your own company?!

I really really like this band, all the albums seem real quality. Over the last few months I've been collecting several MP3s from their brilliant Myspace, but now it seems the Download links are gone =\ I want to pick up the CDs someday but what you guys say about the price/rarity is kind of scary

My favourite song might be The Rudest Awakening but the one I figured out on guitar was Wasteland, and I've been humming the tritone/chromatic groove riff from Humanoid for about half an hour...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
15.06.2007 - 00:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Syk on 14.06.2007 at 09:38

You don't trust your own company?!

Nope. Just today I received a Brutal Truth album in the mail, and when I opened it I found a Hate Eternal disc inside, instead of Brutal Truth.
15.06.2007 - 01:12
Anton Alcolust
oh i was thinking it was about Wargasm , the french epic black death metal band wich i opened for them with my band in may for a concert ^^ the french band will play in wacken at metal battle ! they rox ! support them :
www.myspace.com/wargasmepic
----
A.M.S.G.
15.06.2007 - 02:32
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Dangerboner on 15.06.2007 at 00:29

Nope. Just today I received a Brutal Truth album in the mail, and when I opened it I found a Hate Eternal disc inside, instead of Brutal Truth.

=O that's awful...

I knew about the French one from MA, but I think the American one came first This thread can probably be for both of them considering the lack of interest/awareness...
----

31.08.2007 - 08:45
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Fans of the American Wargasm may also like Xentrix... it's a bit like a mix with Forbidden, but I don't think Xentrix are as good as either of the others. Wish I could hear more of their early stuff though

My Wargasm picks now are Humanoid for song and Ugly for album - which might even be a 10/10, and I hardly ever hand those out
----

22.12.2009 - 16:38
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Well well well... last week or so I had my first proper look at the website Tartarean Desire and was wowed by how easy it was to submit band data there... then I noticed on the left side, one of their latest interviews was with one of the Warg guys. A lot of information is shared about their early record label woes, thrash metal circa 2008, and their reunion gigs and related releases. Good reading: http://www.tartareandesire.com/interviews/Wargasm/14/
----

22.12.2009 - 20:52
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!! I just listened to them for the first time... Thanks for the heads up man, these guys are fuckin awesome!!
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!