Metal Storm logo
Thrash Recommendations

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 14.04.2007 - 06:14
Ok, I searched and I dont think I could find a topi to recommend/discuss thrash. Why Im posting this thread is because I must admit that there are very few thrash bands out there that dont bore me, these few would be bands like Megadeth, Sodom, and Kreator. I really enjoy Hybrid thrash though (thrash mixed with another genre) I.E. Keep Of Kalessin, black metal but highly thrash-like aswell. So particularly I would like to hear some recommendations on hybrid thrash, but feel free to recommend straight-up thrash aswell just to keep the topic open.

BTW- Please try and make the recommendations useful, dont recommend bands that Ive likely already heard, like Slayer or Metalica.
21.07.2023 - 12:41
Guib
Thrash Talker
Bahaha indeed! I'll be posting more stuff on here soonish.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.07.2023 - 12:59
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Black/Speed/Thrash band from Chile?

Alright.

24.07.2023 - 19:32
nikarg
Staff
Written by [user id=329624] on 24.07.2023 at 15:17

If you're even remotely interested in modern thrash then 100% you are already heavily into Chilean thrash scene, so no point in posting them here.

This is the actual point of this topic: to post thrash recommendations. It's up there in the original post. As for the first part, I am curious which data your assumption is based on.
25.07.2023 - 06:05
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by [user id=329624] on 24.07.2023 at 15:17

If you're even remotely interested in modern thrash then 100% you are already heavily into Chilean thrash scene, so no point in posting them here.

Thats a strange statement lol.

- - -

Anyways... here's a rec.

Not featured on here (even though there's another band of the same name) but try the album Sarcator by the band Alkahest. Came out in 2022 from Sweden. Its neat.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
31.07.2023 - 08:44
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Tired of run-of-the mill Bay Area thrash outfits? Try this one.

Thrash from Mississippi riffsdozing with tad Testament worshipping songwriting. Great release.

31.07.2023 - 16:59
Suspiria. Good band for Cliff Button style of guitar riff.
25.11.2023 - 20:45
Metal Rasputin
If blackened thrash is your thing, then Funeral Nation is highly recommended. I'm listening to their only album right now and having a blast. Sucks hard that it's so overlooked and rare that you basically either need a miracle, sell a kidney or two or contact the band if you want to buy a copy. Life sucks.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
04.02.2024 - 04:39
Crocster
Aussie Metal God
Well there some great thrash metal bands from here in Australia. Here is Harlott from my hometown of Melbourne. THey have a few albums out on Metal Blade Records

https://youtu.be/DPG6BfMukI8?si=TbwGwg5LVbW7gORu
22.02.2024 - 12:18
Merre1990
Good morning everyone!

As mentioned in my presentation, I am the drummer of a thrash-groove metal band.
We are coming out with our second album (March 19th) and I created this topic to get feedback and constructive criticism to improve the composition of the next tracks! So without fear, come forward!
I leave you here some links to the listening and our videos. You would be doing us a favor by subscribing to our social channels to stay updated on our adventures and all the news!

https://linktr.ee/italicuscarnifex

https://open.spotify.com/intl-it/artist/1dY7MHDsUZ1A65n5b1MMYV

Thanks everyone in advance!!
26.03.2024 - 16:26
Megamike
Check out a Canadian band called Korrosive. You find them on youtube, and most social media platforms! Amazing thrash metal!
----
http://www.braingell.com Tune in "Live" every Saturday night 9pm-12am (EST) The best in Thrash , Death and Speed Metal!
09.05.2024 - 08:04
Helios1
Can't go wrong with Sepultura's Beneath the Remains. I also recommend Nightmare Logic by Power Trip.
----
Never stop dooming.
09.05.2024 - 08:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
If you're a fan of thrash melded with classic heavy metal onto the strong lines of retro hard rock, you get Mean Mistreater. Inspired by bands like Chastain, Warlock, and W.A.S.P., it vacuums you with heart-racing riffs and powerful vocals.