Metal Storm logo
Smaller Metal Storm updates announcement thread

13.04.2024 - 13:03
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
I decided to create a single thread for smaller announcements that don't fit anywhere else.
----
13.04.2024 - 13:03
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
I made some modifications to the forum search display over the past few days. Those of you using New posts as your gateway to the forums will likely have noticed already.

There are now buttons to both copy a permalink, and visit the post. I also display the time of a post now and the board of the thread that was posted in.
I also tweaked the layout of post headers a little to make them more easily accessible on mobile.

As usual, feedback my way
----
13.04.2024 - 14:34
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Forum search now also displays existing thumbs up on a post for easier access to that information and consistency with how posts are displayed in the forums.
----
13.04.2024 - 14:54
Redel
Written by corrupt on 13.04.2024 at 13:03

I also display the time of a post now and the board board of the thread that was posted in.
I also tweaked the layout of post headers a little to make them more easily accessible on mobile

That is really helpful-- big thumbs up here
13.04.2024 - 16:33
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
Written by corrupt on 13.04.2024 at 13:03

I made some modifications to the forum search display over the past few days. Those of you using New posts as your gateway to the forums will likely have noticed already.

There are now buttons to both copy a permalink, and visit the post. I also display the time of a post now and the board board of the thread that was posted in.
I also tweaked the layout of post headers a little to make them more easily accessible on mobile.

As usual, feedback my way

I love the changes! Thank you for all the improvements!
14.04.2024 - 19:21
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
The site will now return you to your post after editing and show your new post after posting instead of returning to the top of the page.
----
15.04.2024 - 11:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cool to see when add or edit album we have month written as January, February ,. not 01. , 02. as we had before
Helps a lot do many edits at same time , working on database add albums
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.04.2024 - 12:57
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Bad English on 15.04.2024 at 11:39
Cool to see when add or edit album we have month written as January, February ,. not 01. , 02. as we had before

You can thank Starvynth for that. He literally phoned this one in last night.
----
17.04.2024 - 22:58
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Rate limiting is now set to 30 pages per minute, up from the previous 15.
----
23.04.2024 - 00:46
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Removing the display of users' countries from forum posts as this info is available in the popups now and I want to draw less attention to nationality.

I consider this an experiment. I want to unify what is displayed and reduce it to what is necessary information. In that vein, I added the position of anyone staff or staff-adjacent in forum cards. Also an experiment that I haven't cleared with the rest of staff. So maybe I'll be forced to remove that one if people feel unfomfortable ^^

Thing is, our mods and other staff are frequently insulted by people they reprimand. I'm hoping that displaying their position might help new users differentiate between staff and regular users. Not that I condone insulting anyone else, but staff have to reprimand people sometimes and catch a lot of insult flak that (at least that's what I hope) regular users don't get.

Again, all of this is open to discussion and I'm not married to any of these changes.

Edit: I had originally displayed the status in our attention yellow. But that did what it's supposed to and kept drawing my eyes to it. So it's white for now, even though that breaks consistency with link popups and search suggestions.
I guess we'll have to experiment a little and figure out a good way to display this. Obviously the main thing about a forum post should be the post and not its metadata.
----
24.04.2024 - 18:26
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I think the title should be capitalized, personally
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.04.2024 - 00:03
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.04.2024 at 18:26
I think the title should be capitalized, personally

Yup. Good call.
----
25.04.2024 - 20:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by corrupt on 15.04.2024 at 12:57

Written by Bad English on 15.04.2024 at 11:39

You can thank Starvynth for that. He literally phoned this one in last night.

Can you do same in musician section
https://metalstorm.net/bands/bandmember.php?member_id=5282

Still has number, as month.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.04.2024 - 00:08
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Written by Bad English on 25.04.2024 at 20:59
Can you do same in musician section

yes
----