Metal Storm logo
Help with Counter Strike

06.06.2006 - 19:05
Damnated
Churchburner
Hi, I re-installed CS on my computer the other day (1.6) and I can't make it work, it keeps telling, that the target 'hl.exe' is invalid. I need to install Half Life on my PC to make this work?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
07.06.2006 - 10:37
Warrior Poet
Account deleted
Hey dude,

Make sure you have Steam installed and that CS is updated.
07.06.2006 - 16:58
AntaeusM
Elite
It depends, there are two types of Counter-Strike.

There is a Counter-Strike Source and a normal Counter-Strike 1.6

The Source also have all the files that are necessary from the normal Half-life to play Counter-Strike. However, you can't play the normal Half-Life with the source of Counter-Strike. Let's say if you install Counter-Strike source you only install Counter-Strike.

Counter-Strike 1.6 is a mod of Half-Life. It is basically the same as the source, but you need Half-Life to let it work. So in that case you first install Half-life and patch it to the latest version. After that you install Counter-Strike as a mod of Half-Life(mostly this goes automatically when installing Counter-Strike 1.6, a "cstrike" folder should be created in your half-life folder). Then you can open Counter-Strike by either opening hl.exe and go to the mod section of Half-Life, or by opening the link you have on your desktop(if you checked that in the installation of course).

You say that "hl.exe" is invalid, so it can't be found. So I think you have Counter-Strike 1.6 and not the source. In that case you have to install Counter-Strike as a mod of Half-Life. Then it should work
07.06.2006 - 17:20
Damnated
Churchburner
Thanx a lot dude, that was my problem, I had Counter Strike 1.6 and no half life. I'm really happy now.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.03.2007 - 06:37
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
just to add 1.6 is funny still have the sheild thats how long i havnet played it for
16.12.2007 - 05:19
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
been playing cs 1.6 heaps lately, and its awesome! still not that good compared to all those guys on internet servers with like 30 kills and 3/4 deaths - its ridiculous...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
16.12.2007 - 05:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I play Counter Strike on the Xbox LOL
16.12.2007 - 05:40
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
im trying to get some crazy sprays onto it, but i cant seem to... im getting them off www.fpsbanana.com any help appreciated...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains