Metal Storm logo
My Name Is Earl

12.12.2007 - 21:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
since there appeared so many themes about "funny TV shows you definitely know", i will add my personally most favorite - My Name Is Earl

"Earl is a low-life who buys a winning lottery ticket, only to get hit by a car, losing the ticket in the process. He then realizes in the hospital that his bad luck is the result of karma in which fate punishes him for all the rotten things he's ever done in his life; therefore, he then decides to dedicate his life to making amends to all the people he has hurt in his life." (quote from IMDB)

it is absolutely crazy, but the jokes are really great and i have to hold myself not to laugh loudly (cuz i saw some episodes during the boring university lesson )
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.12.2007 - 14:17
Grimurc
i always found it a very weird show, but it's funny...never took the time to follow it
----
Still drinking,-
15.12.2007 - 19:47
Gina73ss
My family likes this show alot. (We are not trailor trash)...but love to watch it!
----
Take my hand
You'll never find
Another quite like mine
15.12.2007 - 20:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
awesome show, I love 3rd season especially, favorite one is with cops hahahaha and the one with gay gang bangers is hilarious too
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
16.12.2007 - 16:15
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Hasn't the 2nd season only just finished?

Anyway I bought the 1st season on DVD and ended up watching it all in about 4 days. Definately one of the best comedies in recent times and Jason Lee is great!
16.12.2007 - 19:25
Smurfophagist
The show is really cool, they started showing it on HTV not long ago, but I can't really follow it, i never find the time...
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
19.11.2009 - 21:23
JD
Account deleted
It's my favorite TV show!!
19.11.2009 - 21:34
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
The best humour series that i've seen in my life! Never thought something would be better than South Park and Scrubs to me, but then Earl came along.

The characters are simply too much charismatic, the sometimes bitch Joy has moments of perfect political incorrect humour Not to mention the Crab Man (not Crap man ), always patient, the day-time whore, smokin hot Catalina. Randy's stupidity is sometimes annoying but he is great character too.

Too bad it was cancelled, soon after the great ''plot twist'' at the end of the 4th season... leave the fans in the dark...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
29.11.2009 - 12:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Uirapuru on 19.11.2009 at 21:34

Too bad it was cancelled...

As far as I know season 5 will start in 2010.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.11.2009 - 19:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
That would be good
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

29.11.2009 - 20:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I am a fan of this show too and I hope it isn't canceled because that would be sad...its one of the better sitcoms out there right now...
01.12.2009 - 00:14
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Hope Marcel is right. A series this good cannot be cancelled from nothing, having a relative good success even after 4 years.

Whatever happen should be over so we can finally see new episodes
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.12.2009 - 22:42
Hylia
I watch it like every day. My favorite episode is when Earl sleeps with Ralph's mom and Ralph says he has to kill Earl to get back at him.
21.12.2009 - 07:47
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Hylia on 20.12.2009 at 22:42

I watch it like every day. My favorite episode is when Earl sleeps with Ralph's mom and Ralph says he has to kill Earl to get back at him.

Hahah, the actor that interpretate this Ralph always makes the same type of guy in the series he participate

I remember him on Friends.. he´s Phoebe´s brother, the same stoner crazy guy as in Earl, funny as hell XD
----

----
20.06.2011 - 02:26
JD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.11.2009 at 12:41

Written by Uirapuru on 19.11.2009 at 21:34

Too bad it was cancelled...

As far as I know season 5 will start in 2010.

Sadly there is no season 5, they canceled it
21.06.2011 - 14:52
Metal_4Ever
I wish I did not know it to watch it once again to laugh again at these amazing episodes....
02.06.2012 - 08:16
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Another example of why I despise end of season cliffhangers.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
12.06.2012 - 13:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by M C Vice on 02.06.2012 at 08:16

Yeah, me too, I want to knwo who the biologivcal father is, aarrggghhh
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.06.2012 - 13:14
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.06.2012 at 13:06

Written by M C Vice on 02.06.2012 at 08:16

Yeah, me too, I want to knwo who the biologivcal father is, aarrggghhh

There should be an agreement that if a show gets axed on a "to be continued...", they should be allowed to make 1 more episode to wrap everything up.
Farscape (fortunatly they made the miniseries later), Earl, Red Dwarf (sort of, discounting Back To Earth), the Terminator TV show... HOW DO THEY END!!! Luckily Ringer wraped it all/most of it up in it's 1 season.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
12.06.2012 - 19:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by M C Vice on 12.06.2012 at 13:14

There should be an agreement that if a show gets axed on a "to be continued...", they should be allowed to make 1 more episode to wrap everything up.
Farscape (fortunatly they made the miniseries later), Earl, Red Dwarf (sort of, discounting Back To Earth), the Terminator TV show... HOW DO THEY END!!! Luckily Ringer wraped it all/most of it up in it's 1 season.

the thing is the network should know far enough out in advance whether or not the ratings are good enough for renewal.

the show Angel was essentially cancelled a couple months before the season ended, which gave the writers time to come up with a two-part ending to close the show out. (Canceled on Feb 14, last episode aired May 19)...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.11.2012 - 10:08
slinx
The first two seasons are classic, but I don't care much for the latter seasons. Catalina went from being super-hot to being over-used eye candy. Even seeing her on The League makes me realize that she's a total butterface (actually she's really hot for a butterface, but in the end she looks less attractive)

The cliffhanger sucks a fat dick at the end of Season 4. I watched the whole series on Netflix over the last couple of years, but I do wish I watched it on T.V. so that it would have higher ratings.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
29.12.2012 - 01:57
ANGEL REAPER
I like this show ... its soooo goooood ... i mean a lot of "weird humor" is in this show that is absolutely hilarious...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
01.07.2013 - 06:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
If you like this show, check out Raising Hope. It's made by the same guy, takes place in the same location. MNIE regulars have made guest appearances (Eddie Steeples is now Tyler the Gas Man, not Crab Man) ... and Kenny (the gay recurring character who ends up with the cop) is a store manager, Barney.

what's also amusing is just some continuity of concept.

i.e. in the MNIE episode where Kenny wants Earl to teach him to be more manly (as "that's all the gays want after Brokeback Mountain"), Kenny uses the word "oodles", to which Earl responds "First lesson: never use the word 'oodles'..."

in an episode of Raising Hope in which the main character and his dad to go a gay bar to better understand the culture (so Jimmy doesn't look like a moron in front of his fiance's gay friends), they toss out the word "oodles" - "Oodles, gays use that as a unit of measurement, right?"

exact quotes are off, but both quotes center around oodles... similar little bits crop up, connecting threads between the two shows.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.07.2013 - 13:19
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by BitterCOld on 01.07.2013 at 06:10

Raising Hope.

Watching it on a local network and it is really fun, seems like the kind of show where you need to get really familiar with the characters before enjoying it ... wasn't love at first sight for me but I'm really enjoying it now.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
01.07.2013 - 20:54
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by InnerSelf on 01.07.2013 at 13:19

Watching it on a local network and it is really fun, seems like the kind of show where you need to get really familiar with the characters before enjoying it ... wasn't love at first sight for me but I'm really enjoying it now.

likewise. my wife had been watching it, she made a point of having me watch the Geraldo/Nancy Grace episode, "Inside Probe" - the sort of show recap in parody "investigative show" format was amusing enough that I started watching somewhat regularly.

not my favorite show, but it's enjoyable to put on and burn 25 minutes on the couch after a stressful day o' work.
----

01.07.2013 - 21:55
Lit.
Account deleted
Tempting. I was a huge fan of MNIE, so I guess I'll check it out.
02.07.2013 - 06:51
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
My name isn't Earl, 'Ahem'
----
Coldgrits
02.07.2013 - 11:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Decent show, nothing special though. The whole Scientology cloud that hangs over the production of the show is a bit off putting too.