Metal Storm logo
Tower Defense

17.07.2012 - 07:33
MetalSpider
Does any play these kind of games...whether it's on a phone, tablet or on the PC?

I was bored one day not too long ago and was just browsing through an arcade website full of random games, and I came across a tower defense game. So I googled Tower Defense games and came up with quite a lot of them. Now I really haven't tried many of them except for one: Gemcraft Labyrinth. It's an addictive tower defense game. Fuck I love it lol! I'm trying to find more like it...games that have a good balance between graphics and fun, different gameplay.

There is also Tap Defense on the iPhone...that was a lot of fun.

So does anyone play Tower Defense games? What are the good ones out there? Anyone know? Hopefully this topic is popular enough to warrant a thread.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
17.07.2012 - 20:03
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
I'm not sure if it's classed as a tower defence game but I've completed All Hallows Eve (I think it's on miniclip) a few times. You're on a balcony in a mansion or haunted house and have to shoot the incoming waves of zombies, holding them off until the sun rises. Very repetitive but addictive.
17.07.2012 - 21:21
Vombatus
Potorro
I use to play alot the mutiple tower defense maps of Warcraft III on battlenet. My favorite, by far, were the tower defense wars (3 vs 3 players, sending creeps for income and building crazy mazes to kill stuff sent on you). I was so good at it, specially the Wintermaul Wars version. They even had a Metalmaul Wars version of it hahaha.

Also tried Gemcraft, know some people that are really addicted to it and all, but it failed to grab my attention more than an hour.
17.07.2012 - 23:09
MetalSpider
Written by [user id=2943] on 17.07.2012 at 20:03

I'm not sure if it's classed as a tower defence game but I've completed All Hallows Eve (I think it's on miniclip) a few times. You're on a balcony in a mansion or haunted house and have to shoot the incoming waves of zombies, holding them off until the sun rises. Very repetitive but addictive.

I've played a game like that before...it's fun but yeah very repetitive.

I guess it's somewhat like a tower defense game, but not the kind of tower defense game I'm thinking of/looking for. I'm more about the building towers along a path that monsters or whatever follow in order to reach a destination...and you have to prevent it by building these towers.
----

18.07.2012 - 05:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by MetalSpider on 17.07.2012 at 23:09

I guess it's somewhat like a tower defense game, but not the kind of tower defense game I'm thinking of/looking for. I'm more about the building towers along a path that monsters or whatever follow in order to reach a destination...and you have to prevent it by building these towers.

Heroes nof Newarth?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.07.2012 - 06:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
BLOONS TOWER DEFENSE ALL DAY MUTHAFUCKAS.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.07.2012 - 06:53
MetalSpider
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.07.2012 at 05:42

Heroes nof Newarth?

No not really what I had in mind but that does look like an interesting game though. I might just check it out.
----

18.07.2012 - 06:59
MetalSpider
Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.07.2012 at 06:37

BLOONS TOWER DEFENSE ALL DAY MUTHAFUCKAS.

I like this one mofucka!!! But Gemcraft Labyrinth is still quite addicting to me.
----

22.07.2012 - 23:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I used to play a modified single player version of Azure Tower Defense in Warcraft III. I basically made all the creeps go in just one direction and get all the initial money from the rest of the 8 players to kill the creeps. I finished it just once as it was quite difficult, especially with the invisible bosses
05.08.2012 - 16:14
Genghis Kal
Account deleted

Plants Vs Zombies is a good one, except you don't build towers you plant... plants!
05.08.2012 - 20:24
MetalSpider
Written by [user id=2943] on 05.08.2012 at 16:14

Plants Vs Zombies is a good one, except you don't build towers you plant... plants!

Hmmmmmm I'll have to try this one too! I'm having a lot of fun with Bloons Tower Defense 5 and SAS Zombie Assault Tower Defense. By the same company...their games are good!
----

05.08.2012 - 20:41
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
I enjoyed Gemcraft Labyrinth a lot, but couldn't get in the previous two... Now I'm waiting for the next one
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
10.11.2012 - 09:58
slinx
Check out Defender Chronicles and Defender Chronicles 2 on Iphone. Really fun and entertaining unique TD games. It has a story, but its one of those stories like Diablo where you can ignore it and just kill shit.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
10.04.2014 - 18:02
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Gemcraft 2 is out, and I'm totally sucked in it. Goodbye real life
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
26.08.2014 - 07:28
EnterDeath24601
Account deleted
I used to love Bloons Tower Defense when I was in middle school.
26.08.2014 - 08:39
whatsacow
Only really played Defense Grid and Sanctum 2. Liked both of them though! Also played PvZ but that's a little too simple for my tastes. Oh, and there are some cool ones on Starcraft 2 arcade
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?