Metal Storm logo
Elder Scrolls Online

22.04.2013 - 02:56
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
So since ESO is rapidly approaching (beta testing began last month) I figure it's probably time to start a thread to discuss what may be the next big MMO.

It was also recently announced that the game will also feature a first-person view, I'm intrigued by this since [to my knowledge] it will be the first MMO to feature a first-person view.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

22.04.2013 - 12:59
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Interesting, I didn't know about it... I'm a big fan of Morrowind and Skyrim, so an MMO which is set in this universe sounds nice. But I hope the developing of this game won't slow down the making of the next single-player episode. Is this developed by the same team?
22.04.2013 - 15:44
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by [user id=36134] on 22.04.2013 at 12:59

Interesting, I didn't know about it... I'm a big fan of Morrowind and Skyrim, so an MMO which is set in this universe sounds nice. But I hope the developing of this game won't slow down the making of the next single-player episode. Is this developed by the same team?

No, it's been outsourced to a different company for that very reason. And it's been in dev by the other company for about 5 years now. Since you haven't heard of it yet you can go here for a little extra curricular reading if interested.
----

22.04.2013 - 16:12
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 22.04.2013 at 15:44

No, it's been outsourced to a different company for that very reason. And it's been in dev by the other company for about 5 years now. Since you haven't heard of it yet you can go here for a little extra curricular reading if interested.

Thanks, I checked it. It looks promising so far, I like the pictures (although it seems they used the engine from Oblivion here, but it's logical since it's been in development for 5 years), and that all of the provices will be playable (to some degree). Sucks that there will be no dragons though

Actually I've never played any MMO yet (mainly for money issues, I don't like to pay every month or so for the same game), but I plan to try it.

edit: lol, it seems I checked some wrong pictures it's definetly a different engine.
13.05.2013 - 03:32
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I think the personal experience of elder scrolls would be ruined by MMO style. It'd be cool to play with maybe 1-2 friends but ugh, not massive multiplayer. I always got the best experiences from the series from it's cool sense of solitude. I felt like it was a world. now it'll just be another playground.
----
Coldgrits
13.06.2013 - 20:07
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Check out the latest greatest gameplay trailer. Lookin' so sweet. Includes first persona play and it WILL be on next gen consoles. #SoExcited

----

19.06.2013 - 23:46
Written by psykometal on 22.04.2013 at 15:44

Written by [user id=36134] on 22.04.2013 at 12:59

That delay actually pleases me. Hopefully in five years' time I'll have been able to find a job in order to finance my video game/music habit. I swear, if I'd have taken up heroin instead that would have been cheaper.
----
And I shall not be dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair
20.06.2013 - 00:21
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by *NorthernLights* on 19.06.2013 at 23:46

That delay actually pleases me. Hopefully in five years' time I'll have been able to find a job in order to finance my video game/music habit. I swear, if I'd have taken up heroin instead that would have been cheaper.

It's not delayed for another 5 years, it's been in dev for 5 years already. It comes out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One next year.
----

21.06.2013 - 02:03
Written by psykometal on 20.06.2013 at 00:21

Written by *NorthernLights* on 19.06.2013 at 23:46

It's not delayed for another 5 years, it's been in dev for 5 years already. It comes out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One next year.

Oh well guess I'll continue my tradition of being at least a year late to the videogame party. I saw the trailer and it looks pretty cool, though. Where does it fit in the overall Elder Scrolls timeline?
----
And I shall not be dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair
21.06.2013 - 04:13
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by *NorthernLights* on 21.06.2013 at 02:03

Oh well guess I'll continue my tradition of being at least a year late to the videogame party. I saw the trailer and it looks pretty cool, though. Where does it fit in the overall Elder Scrolls timeline?

1000 years before Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
----

14.04.2014 - 14:18
Wargus
Account deleted
Is anyone - besides me - playing ESO ? I just started playing a nightblade, as part of the Aldmeri Dominion. Still trying to figure everything out, "wasted" some skillpoints in 'bow' (dual wield does far more damage).
Experiencing some chat lag, but for the rest the game runs pretty smoothly for me. I'm aware that there are still some questbugs and stuff, but so far I haven't encountered any yet (I'm only lvl 9 tho).
22.09.2015 - 04:42
Guib
Thrash Talker
So I just reinstalled ESO and patched (that fucking bitch 25ish gig patch). Anyone playing ?
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.09.2015 - 11:24
IronAngel
I bought it for 10 euros after they'd canned the subscription fees. It still felt like a waste of money.
24.09.2015 - 03:59
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
It's an alright game, not great, but not too bad either. The pvp area keeps pissing me off, though.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"