Metal Storm logo
PERTURBATOR: The metal to electronic link you may be looking for

17.08.2014 - 09:33
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Usually when I describe an artist to be totally metal while not fitting our contemporary standard of actually being metal, it usually is in reference to an older band that would later influence our favorite classic heavy metal bands. But not today, fuckers. >:C I present to you a contemporary act, that in my eyes (or ears) hit all the right notes, appeasing to my heavy metal sensibilities. Heavy fucking grooves, sinister atmosphere, sweet fucking melodies, a relentless and ominous mood... Maaaaan, shit's just fucking WHOLESOME. Figured I couldn't get away with staff-pickin' this shit, SO HAVE AT IT.

http://perturbator.bandcamp.com/album/dangerous-days
17.08.2014 - 19:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Sounds similar to the Planet Terror OST by Robert Rodriguez, only more upbeat. Not too shabby at all.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.08.2014 - 21:12
ANGEL REAPER
I like Perturbator and co. from New Retro Wave
especially this album :
http://perturbator.bandcamp.com/album/i-am-the-night
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.08.2014 - 07:16
Diverge
This is unbelievable. :O I was skeptical of the forum thread title, but it may very well be accurate.
28.08.2014 - 19:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Heh, I think I've come across this before. There's a youtube channel I follow that posts unashamedly cheesy 80's style retro-future synth type stuff and I think I may have found it via that (or from searching artists derived from stuff posted there). I love this kind of thing, and this doesn't sound like an exception at all.

[EDIT]

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.08.2014 at 21:12

Oh wait, this is the channel I was referring to
28.08.2014 - 21:48
ANGEL REAPER
Written by [user id=4365] on 28.08.2014 at 19:41

Heh, I think I've come across this before. There's a youtube channel I follow that posts unashamedly cheesy 80's style retro-future synth type stuff and I think I may have found it via that (or from searching artists derived from stuff posted there). I love this kind of thing, and this doesn't sound like an exception at all.

[EDIT]

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.08.2014 at 21:12

Oh wait, this is the channel I was referring to

so what do you think of this E.P :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyIFQr1wryPKTGEB3dNxktq2htXoRetIV
i really like it ,god stuff,especially this:
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
28.08.2014 - 22:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 28.08.2014 at 21:48

so what do you think of this E.P :
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyIFQr1wryPKTGEB3dNxktq2htXoRetIV
i really like it ,god stuff,especially this:

Actually posted that a while back here, so I assume I like it

http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=48499&topicsearch=&page=2
28.08.2014 - 22:04
ANGEL REAPER
Written by [user id=4365] on 28.08.2014 at 22:01

Actually posted that a while back here, so I assume I like it

http://metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=48499&topicsearch=&page=2

good stuff!
----
29.08.2014 - 01:25
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Funny stuff. That 80's retro vibe does have a nostalgic taste
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
29.08.2014 - 23:09
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm totally into the whole 80s synthwave thingie lately (Peturbator, VHS Glitch, Carpenter Brut and Nightcrawler being my "big 4 four of synthwave" ATM) and Perturbator's Dangerous Days is a blast. I believe my fave album by Perturbator. Fave track: War Against Machines. That track is pure 80s cyberpunk soundtrack anthem.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
21.09.2014 - 15:02
Ilham
Giant robot
Perturbator has nothing to do with metal, he just is on a metal-based label and has metal-ish song titles. It's just pure retro techno/synthwave. And it's great. If any of you like his stuff you should check out Lazerhawk, exactly the same category. Skull And Shark is the latest album, went out in 2013.

Bonus, clip features a young Viggo Mortensen. Anything with Viggo in it gives me a huge bonus.

25.02.2015 - 09:00
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ilham on 21.09.2014 at 15:02

Bonus, clip features a young Viggo Mortensen. Anything with Viggo in it gives me a huge bonus.

Late reply, but I was shown this clip one drunken night by a friend in Pittsburgh, PA after cruisin' to Pertutbator on the drive up, and I'd have to say that this is pretty fuckin' righteous. \m/ I like the part where it is totally BADASS.
05.06.2016 - 23:57
WayTooManyCDs
I'm honestly kind of surprised that Perturbator doesn't have a profile here. Yeah, sure, they're entirely electronic but :wumpscut: is in a similar category and they're here.

Anyhow, this dude is a beast and is a clear standout in a genre where everyone sounds pretty much the same. It says something when you have guest vocalists from other groups and your songs turn out better than anything their main group has ever churned out. I'm glad he is seeing so much success and hope he gets even more.
06.06.2016 - 21:45
Paz
Elite
I consider myself a fan. The Uncanny Valley has really grow on me since the release date. But please, don't add him on MS!
01.10.2016 - 20:00
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Paz on 06.06.2016 at 21:45

But please, don't add him on MS!

lol, why not?
01.10.2016 - 20:05
3rdWorld
China was a neat
And yeah I used to follow that channel as well I guess but I think one of those channels with a huge amount of retrosynth albums just got removed.

Anyway, yeah found Petrubator from here I guess and been a huge fan. It somehow feels "complete", satisfying and delicious to listen to unlike other brainwarped and noise electronics I listen to. Pert's debut used to be my bedtime album for a long time. Gives an unbelievable 80's vibe. This video just sums it up perfectly.

Just can't get enough of this new "scene" or "movement", whatever it is.
11.01.2017 - 16:25
Fiendfyre
Perturbator are absolutely amazing, really love their stuff and they have helped get me into a new genre (which I must confess, I haven't explored anywhere near as much as I would have liked). Just really gutted the two times they have played the UK I have had previous gigs booked!
26.01.2017 - 21:37
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Listening to The Uncanny Valley for the last few days and its not an easy dance or darksynth album like GosT's recent one. But the synth work is an absolute treat.
02.02.2017 - 06:16
3rdWorld
China was a neat
GosT > Pertubator though. And composition is more akin to metal too.