Metal Storm logo
Tape trading

05.12.2006 - 06:42
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
Tape trading is something I've wanted to get into for a long time so I can finally start getting some material from obscure bands or just stuff that's out of print. The only thing stopping me is the fact that few people actually do it nowadays and that I don't know hardly anything about it. Are there any tape traders (former or current) on metalstorm? If so, what do I need to know before I try to get serious about it?
05.12.2006 - 06:56
Zombie, M.D.
What kind of music are you into?

Just comb message for whatever genre youre into, I guess. At least for black metal its pretty common for there to be a trade forum. Smaller distros typically advertise there as well.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
05.12.2006 - 18:49
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
no one tape-trades in the original sense (i.e. trading dubs) anymore because its been rendered completly obsolete thanks to the internet.

trading originals still happens all the time. most metal forums have a trading section. ive been meaning to sort out my list. its already over the 100 mark but i need to sort out some more stuff. too much impulse buying. ive cut down on it now.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
27.02.2007 - 18:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by [user id=641] on 05.12.2006 at 06:42

Tape trading is something I've wanted to get into for a long time so I can finally start getting some material from obscure bands or just stuff that's out of print. The only thing stopping me is the fact that few people actually do it nowadays and that I don't know hardly anything about it. Are there any tape traders (former or current) on metalstorm? If so, what do I need to know before I try to get serious about it?

I am extremely interested in trading tapes so if anyone wants to do some send me pm or add me in messenger so we can talk about it...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
28.02.2007 - 01:08
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Oh yeah, tape trading is a real great idea...there are so many bands that I really want material from...I have a bunch of black/death compilations from obscure labels where they only put out a limited amount of copies of the split EP or LP ages ago...unfortunately I don't have anything to give in return which would defeat the purpose of "trading"...
28.02.2007 - 13:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
It could work, let everyone make wanted list and I will see, what I can found here, we have three good labels that distribute many of europeans UG bands, sometimes I am really wonder hoe do they manage to bring that staff here, for example last week I found tape from Belorusian medieavl black metal band called skytemple, and I can't found anything about them on internet, and they are really awesome....
----
04.03.2007 - 02:52
Empress
This is one of the few metal boards that does not have a trade board forum on it..surprisingly. I have 700 cassette tapes that I will be dumping shortly as I am in the process of downloading these to my PC hard drive. Once that is complete these will be up for grabs...some are recorded, some are store bought...but the bottom line is they are taking up too much space and have to go.

Once I finish recording all my CD's these too will go up for trade as well. The only real downside to trading is not everyone is a quality trader so it is usually done at your own risk!
04.03.2007 - 12:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Empress on 04.03.2007 at 02:52

This is one of the few metal boards that does not have a trade board forum on it..surprisingly. I have 700 cassette tapes that I will be dumping shortly as I am in the process of downloading these to my PC hard drive. Once that is complete these will be up for grabs...some are recorded, some are store bought...but the bottom line is they are taking up too much space and have to go.

Once I finish recording all my CD's these too will go up for trade as well. The only real downside to trading is not everyone is a quality trader so it is usually done at your own risk!

Well, if you have some offically released stuff (please no bootlegs) for trade/sale I might be interested.

I don't know what you own and sell, but if you have a list I'll be glad to have a look.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.03.2007 - 12:46
Judas
The Amputator
I used to have Darkthrone's 'Cromlech' on tape, as well as a bootleg tape of Blind Guardian, entitled 'LiveGuardians89', but in the year that I was away from home, they seem to have grown legs and disappeared, most irritatingly.

If I find them, and anyone is interested, I'll post it here so you know whom to contact!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
05.03.2007 - 14:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
OK, I have done my list so if someone is interesting in trade let me know and I will send you my list on e-mail, but please only if you are really interested, if you just want to have some fun looking at my list, please don't, I have much work...
----
05.03.2007 - 15:01
Empress
Quote:
Well, if you have some offically released stuff (please no bootlegs) for trade/sale I might be interested.

I don't know what you own and sell, but if you have a list I'll be glad to have a look.

I have all sorts...but I still have to recorded everything to my pc first and right now this is not working as planned. I have new hardware equipment I purchased for my pc and have the software installed but it only wants to play the cassettes. I can't seem to get them to download into MP3 format and get it to play back. I have been on the forum for that vendor but haven't had the time yet to go back and figure out if we installed the wiring wrong or if I need an upgrade software package yet.

I'll keep you posted.