Metal Storm logo
Athletics

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 22.08.2009 - 22:45
Why there still isnt topic about athletics? are there only football lovers on MS

i love watching athletics competitions since long time ago and i bet i am not alone, so lets discuss
31.08.2009 - 13:52
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 29.08.2009 at 09:37

My brother just wants to start with javelin throwing...but he is almost 19 years old already...
i started when i was 14 and I still do better than some who start like 8/9. 19 is still young, though other commitments and interests may see him not practise as much
----
loves 小巫
01.09.2009 - 03:57
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
I love watching MetRx Worlds Strongest Man, those dudes are strong anybody else watch it? They went to California when I was out there so I missed it. Anyone been to one of those competitions or seen one of those guys in person? Aside from that I love when Militaries from around the World Compete.
01.09.2009 - 20:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hm...i never heard about such an athletic discipline...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

05.09.2009 - 01:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So Sanya Richards, Yelena Ysinbaeva and Kenedisa Bekele to divide the $1M bonus from last Golden League to be held...meeting in Brussels was full of stars, but not that full of great performances...well ok - Bolt ran 4th fastest 200m in history, Powell owned Gay on 100m...Warriner won 400m while Merrit didnt started here...Ysinbaeva - one jump=win, WR break attempt failed...2.00 was enough for Vlasic to win in high jump...WR break attempt on 2000m women failed...

there is but one strange thing - one WR was broken in Brussels - 4x1500m relay by Kenya team...but...have you ever heard about such a race?
and that i thought 600m or 5x80m are weird enough
----

10.09.2009 - 22:58
Njord
njord
More log to the fire:

"The controversy over gender row champion runner Caster Semenya deepened today ? after reports claimed sex swap tests have shown she is a HERMAPHRODITE.

South African gold-medallist Semenya, 18, has both male and female organs, it was claimed. And sources close to the International Association of Athletics Federations ? who ordered extensive tests on the teen after her amazing 800m win at the World Athletics Championships last month ? say the results mean she could still be stripped of her medal.

But an IAAF source was today quoted as saying: "There certainly is evidence now that Semenya is a hermaphrodite. But the trouble is the IAAF now have the whole ANC and the whole of South Africa on their backs. Everything is going to have to be done absolutely by the book, no question of a challenge to our findings."

"There's all sorts of scans you do. This is why it's complicated. In the past you used to do a gynaecological exam, blood test, chromosome test, whatever. The problem for us is to avoid it being an issue now which is very personal: of the organs being a hermaphrodite, of not being a 'real' woman. It's very dramatic."

source: The Sun
10.09.2009 - 23:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ok...how long before the WAC started they know she(?) will be participating...why they start to investigate already after she won...now there is an affair huge as moon...
----

14.09.2009 - 13:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Anyone watched World Athletics Final this weekend?

it was again very good competition...couple of WLs or CRs and as well some NRs and PBs

and damn, Blanka Vlasic's another attempt for breaking 210 cm...she was really close this time and with PB at 208 cm, I bet the 209 WR wont survive 2010
----

30.03.2020 - 21:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
World Athletics statement on 2021 dates for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games

https://www.worldathletics.org/news/press-releases/world-athletics-statement-on-2021-dates-for-t
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.11.2021 - 08:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
World Athletics maintains Russia doping ban

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/87765744.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Only what has balls, I think in team sports we must do same specially UEFA and FIFA, and new country must be in a list Belarus. We can use sport sanctions to to make them think nove rnext maneuver in Ukraine and Belarus close to Poland and Baltic borders. In totallitar regime sports means more as in western world, so.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.11.2021 - 08:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
The only way to even the playing field is to let everyone dope.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."