Metal Storm logo
The Clash

29.11.2008 - 12:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The Clash transcends many genres of music and does it well. Joe Strummer was also a savagely underrated musician and died waaaaay too young, like all prodigious musicians do. this thread is designed to serve the purpose of discussing the music, impact on punk music and the overall awesome that The Clash encompasses.

DISCUSS!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.11.2008 - 12:51
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
This forum wasn't created yet!? very odd, but thank you for doing so.

The Clash where the first real punk band of my life. I got into them with the song Rock the Casbah like most people. I remember my mom had London Calling and Combat Rock (great, great albums) and I listened to them a lot. Truly they are legends of the Genre and in their own right.

They where (if I'm thinking correctly) one of that last big punk bands of the Punk era and if I'm right it sure ended on a good note
----
Coldgrits
30.11.2008 - 17:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I could've sworn there was a Clash thread..I guess it just got lost and deleted...oh well...

The Clash is great...who doesn't like them anyway? They have a great collection of songs! My favorite is London Calling...
01.12.2008 - 07:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by [user id=2084] on 30.11.2008 at 17:30

I could've sworn there was a Clash thread..I guess it just got lost and deleted...oh well...

The Clash is great...who doesn't like them anyway? They have a great collection of songs! My favorite is London Calling...

Ghetto Defendant is my favorite. very underrrated song.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.12.2008 - 12:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=2084] on 30.11.2008 at 17:30

Me to, I know I posted there

Its good punk band, I like it but I never had listend full album, I get bored from punk and oi music if I shood listen whole album , but this band si dieferent even sometimes its hard to listen, IMO its lil punk rock Rush
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.12.2008 - 22:29
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
@Bad English: "punk rock Rush" lol

The Clash is definitely a very classy band. I can't think of anyone who doesn't like them. Still, they can't be called overrated, and that's something.
The bassist, Paul Simonon (if it was his name, I may not remember), is now in The Good, the Bad and the Queen, a project led by Damon Albarn. It deserves to be checked out, too, even by those who don't like Blur.
13.03.2009 - 17:59
metalhead3
The clash was very important for punk and they have some good songs
23.02.2013 - 00:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Punk's not dead...and this song's awesome

----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep