Metal Storm logo
Orgy

22.12.2006 - 09:47
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
In this thread you may talk about, share with fellow Metalstormers your personal experience(s) or experiences of friends or simply experiences that you have gotten to know and which have involved sexual intercourse with more than three persons at the same time. Here I post a picture in order for you to have an idea of a typical group sex scene:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/593/groupsexpm8.jpg

Feel free to share these experiences in spite of them ending up being traumatic (for whatever reason), hilarious, or even getting into the most extreme, unimaginable, and shocking stories that we could ever get to know.

As for me, I was this one time in this party that came to be the celebration of a friend's birthday. I was very drunk, I really cannot remember how many beers I drank that night and then...

Orgy is a Californian Alternative Rock band which fuses Rock with electronic music in their style. I find that their vocalist, Gordon, has a voice which fits perfectly within their electronic sound. Some of the band's members (at least the last time I saw them) had an androgynous appearance after how they used make up and clothing when they were onstage and in pictures and videos. They have released three albums up until now:

1) Candyass
2) Vapor Transmission
3) Punk Statik Paranoia

Among those three I only have the first two albums which I own centuries ago. Recently, I have been in what I call a rediscovery of the old bands that I used to listen to (more like revisiting them) and I started to listen to their first album, Candyass, and I found myself enjoying those songs. Their second album, Vapor Transmission, was kind of less good than the first. Even when their second album had some songs that could rival the first, this album was less consistent and found me only enjoying the first five or six songs while the others seemed to me more like fillers in comparison to the rest. From their latest album I haven't heard a single song yet.

Now, what do you think about this band?
----
Christless
22.12.2006 - 19:10
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I know only 1 song of this band, from the album Candyass: "Blue Monday", my favorite song for a long time when I was like 14 years old, I guess the band is good if I judge them from this song
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
23.12.2006 - 06:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Orgy is a band I forgot about...they kinda weened me into industrial music...then I got into the heavier shit after listening to them...like VAC...
23.12.2006 - 06:10
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@ The Alchemist:

That is hard to tell, especially when that song is a cover from the English band New Order which arose out of the ashes of Joy Division. When I first heard the Blue Monday song from Orgy I felt that I had heard something similar to that song previously and then I got to know that it was in fact a cover. The cover is pretty good indeed.

If I were to suggest some songs from this band, the songs Stitches, Platinum, Dissention, Opticon and Fiction (Dreams in Digital).
----
Christless
23.12.2006 - 06:19
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@ Kap'N Korrupt:

Do you mean Velvet Acid Christ with AVC? That is the same thing that happened to me with Orgy, I left it behind with time and now I am listening to their stuff again these days.
----
Christless
23.12.2006 - 07:29
Bitch Boy

The intro is really cool, and I clicked on the link but there was nothing interesting

Well, I only have 2 songs: "Blue Monday" and "Fiction (dreams in digital)". The video for the last one is amazing!!
23.12.2006 - 10:20
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Bitch Boy on 23.12.2006 at 07:29

The intro is really cool, and I clicked on the link but there was nothing interesting

Well, I only have 2 songs: "Blue Monday" and "Fiction (dreams in digital)". The video for the last one is amazing!!

haha, well, that is a matter of opinion. Some may say that they enjoyed what they saw there.

You know, it comes to be pure coincidence that because I am in this Orgy review I just downloaded this same video a couple of days back. I like this video a lot too especially because of how the song revolves in what seems to be the topic of a woman (I still haven't analyzed the lyrics properly) and how the video relates to the song by presenting a woman (very pretty by the way) which is tide to all this machinery a la Matrix and thus the video fitting perfectly to the futuristic sound of the band. However, I kind of didn't like the ending of the video because I could have preferred to keep believing that the lady was in fact a pretty woman instead of the sad truth.

Anyway, if anyone read this and is intrigued by this video, here I give you a link to it at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AjsKChjYPU

It comes to be at least a nice watch in my opinion.
----
Christless
23.12.2006 - 21:01
Bitch Boy
Thanks for the video. The lady's dress is really cool, I also would have liked he girl to stay as she was originally.
24.12.2006 - 06:02
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Darth: Yeah man, Orgy got me into hard industrial dance which got me into industrial metal as I was already into metal anyway...
24.12.2006 - 06:33
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@Bitch Boy:

Yeah, is like having our bubbles exploded. This video is so opened to interpretations. I can only wonder what they meant with it and parting from that I am left creating a story behind it.

@Kap'N Korrupt:

Oh, you mean "hard" and "heavy" industrial stuff regarding musical groups or artist that have more focus in this within their music, right? I thought that you said heavier than Orgy in terms of sound. That is why I asked because Velvet Acid Christ, at least what I have heard from them, is not as heavy as Orgy because VAC has a more prominent use of electronic music than Orgy while the latter relies in heavy guitar distortion in a great number of their songs.
----
Christless
24.12.2006 - 06:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Velvet Acid Christ is heavier then Orgy in terms of industrial noise, ambience and atmosphere...maybe not in the metal department or anything like that...I think that's what I was getting at...
25.12.2006 - 05:18
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I guess I know what you mean.
----
Christless
20.06.2007 - 06:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I only know a couple songs: "Fiction (Dreams in digital)", "Blue monday" and "You spin me round" (original by Dead or alive). I think they're a really dynamic band, full of ebergy. I really like the lyrics in Drams in digital, but I'm not sure to get their albums yet.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!