Metal Storm logo
British Metalstormers

08.03.2008 - 15:25
Nebel_Hexe
Account deleted
Old thread locked, time for a new thread.

Post news, gigs and what not here...
08.03.2008 - 18:18
Baz Anderson
Staff
so Nightwish are confirmed for Bloodstock 2008.. interesting..
the four big bands are Nightwish, Opeth, Dimmu Borgir and Helloween then - I don't think they will get any other big big bands.. but we'll see

I just hope bands lile Iced Earth and Primal Fear will still get a decent amount of time to play!
08.03.2008 - 18:44
Nebel_Hexe
Account deleted
Aaah I don't think I will be going after all then... haha, none of the bands appeal to me, not even Moonsorrow or Eluveitie anymore.
I hear our local band Eastern Front have a video up on the Bloodstock site somewhere so people can vote and if they win they play, don't know who else is in the competition.

I was just looking at how much of a laugh the Download line up was and the website graphics are even more laughable, at least Bloodstock's website doesn't disappoint in that area haha.
08.03.2008 - 18:58
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha, well £150 for Download festival - I am not going if I am paying!
it is funny really, I have always turned my nose up at going to Download festival - but this year they have Judas Priest playing!! COME ON!!!!!! how annoying is that?!!
I need to make sure I see them this year..
so maybe I will see if I can get press accreditation and see what the whole Download thing is like after all
08.03.2008 - 19:08
Nebel_Hexe
Account deleted
Too much money, especially if you just want to see only a couple of the bands, just try and get there without getting caught by security or whatever and get in for free hahah.
16.03.2008 - 11:47
rachie
Account deleted
yeah. my boyfriend is going for kiss and priest, i think its a waste of money tbh, both bands are going to tour at some point this year [or else *shakes fist*] so the chances are they'll do better sets at their own show than in a festival slot.

i want to go to bloodstock, but as things are, i can't even afford magic circle, so i doubt i'll be at bloodstock. i'm at def. at wacken though
gutted about that, i want to go to magic circle. unless i can force either my [ex] manager or brother-in-law, i can't go
22.03.2008 - 14:03
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Anyone else having a shit easter weekend? Hardly ever ill and trust it to happen now.
----
This is an outrage...
23.03.2008 - 20:07
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh, I have been ill as well the past week - really bad.. I am better now though thank goodness.

I am preparing to go down to Bristol next week with my partner as she is in the Upstaged quarter final - so we are hoping she, and her group will win the £10,000
she says I will be on TV on Monday night.. so if you have nothing else to do Monday night, put Upstaged on at around 23:10 or whenever it's on and see.. it's on BBC3

also this is a shout to anyone who has nothing to do on Tuesday - vote for PoleKitten +5 as often as you can on upstaged.co.uk and see if you can help them win! haha
24.03.2008 - 22:16
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Pole dancing huh? I think that's worth a watch!
----
This is an outrage...
26.03.2008 - 09:50
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Written by Baz Anderson on 23.03.2008 at 20:07

I will be on TV on Monday night.. so if you have nothing else to do Monday night, put Upstaged on at around 23:10 or whenever it's on and see.. it's on BBC3

also this is a shout to anyone who has nothing to do on Tuesday - vote for PoleKitten +5 as often as you can on upstaged.co.uk and see if you can help them win! haha

I missed it, how'd she do? Plus you manage to make it on TV?
----
This is an outrage...
26.03.2008 - 16:46
Nebel_Hexe
Account deleted
Mon dieu! *prances around the room in excitement*.
Morbosidad are coming to the UK in London (venue not confirmed yet possibly Bar Monsta or something like that) this October, I must go, got a message from their vocalist earlier saying it would be cool if I could get there and stuff. It's going to be fookin' ace!
http://www.myspace.com/morbosidad

I really want to go and see Revenge in London but looks like I'm not going to be able to make that one, gargh.
26.03.2008 - 19:35
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh! the girls won!!! they are through to the semi final now!
I was in the box with them all yesterday for a couple of hours as a guest and also I was interviewed by Scott Mills or whatever he is called on the results show that is on BBC3.. so yeh, I was on TV!!

I am going to be interviewed again on the Friday - on the day of the semi final, so I will be on TV again on BBC3 - the show will start at 23:15 or sometime around then - look out for me!! hahaha

so yeh, I am in the hotel room now in Bristol with my Jo - this is just a flying visit really so I could get my In Flames review on (which is on now)
26.03.2008 - 19:36
Anton Alcolust
Written by [user id=24216] on 26.03.2008 at 16:46

Mon dieu! *prances around the room in excitement*.
Morbosidad are coming to the UK in London (venue not confirmed yet possibly Bar Monsta or something like that) this October, I must go, got a message from their vocalist earlier saying it would be cool if I could get there and stuff. It's going to be fookin' ace!
http://www.myspace.com/morbosidad

I really want to go and see Revenge in London but looks like I'm not going to be able to make that one, gargh.

there will be an european tour or something like that with Nocturnal Grave in october , i have a friend who'll organise the 2 french gigs , and the best of the best will be the Belgium's gigs , with another band's guest : Blasphemophagher ! i got this confirmation from RR Bastard . I think i'll see Morbosidad 2 or 3 time this year
----
A.M.S.G.
26.03.2008 - 20:43
rachie
Account deleted
anyone know of somewhere cheap [i mean ubercheap] to stay in leeds? if i can't find a hotel or something, i can't go to paganfest, and seeing as i'm now not going to wacken/magic circle/bloodstock etc, i'd like to leave the country for a wee bit this summer!
26.03.2008 - 20:58
Baz Anderson
Staff
I am also having problems with what to do after the Paganfest show as well... so if you come up with a solution - a comfy place me and my friend can stay too, then let me know! haha
26.03.2008 - 21:36
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Written by [user id=26885] on 26.03.2008 at 20:43

anyone know of somewhere cheap [i mean ubercheap] to stay in leeds? if i can't find a hotel or something, i can't go to paganfest, and seeing as i'm now not going to wacken/magic circle/bloodstock etc, i'd like to leave the country for a wee bit this summer!

Anywhere in Leeds should be dirt cheap. I rented a flat there for about £250 a month, i'm sure you can find a cheap B&B, especially in the really crap areas like Beeston.
----
This is an outrage...
27.03.2008 - 01:52
Anton Alcolust
Written by [user id=24216] on 27.03.2008 at 00:02

That sounds ace!
I hear they're playing at Festung Bittefield in Germany in October aswell so I may be seeing them at least twice this year.

yep it's on their myspace , on the Morbosidad European Tour blog or something like that . but it's not at the Festung Open Air , just at Festung, the place , they organise some gig during the year too , but it's really far ! i think i'll see them the one or 2 time in france , and i'll be sure in belgium to see again the italian's maniacs Blasphemophagher hahaha that will be alcoholocaust !
----
A.M.S.G.
29.03.2008 - 22:10
rachie
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 26.03.2008 at 20:58

I am also having problems with what to do after the Paganfest show as well... so if you come up with a solution - a comfy place me and my friend can stay too, then let me know! haha

i haven't found anything yet, i know travelodge is £49 a room, but it's such a shan wee room you'd be better camping. now there's an idea...
21.04.2008 - 19:37
Nebel_Hexe
Account deleted
Gladiators, ready!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnydpStuV8
And more info on the new Gladiators here: http://www.gladiatorszone.co.uk/gladiators/
23.04.2008 - 00:06
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Written by [user id=24216] on 21.04.2008 at 19:37

Gladiators, ready!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnydpStuV8
And more info on the new Gladiators here: http://www.gladiatorszone.co.uk/gladiators/

Yeah coming to Sky One I saw, we're already planning a Gladiators fancy dress party to welcome in the new series, the door will have a strict spandex/lyrca leotard only policy.
----
This is an outrage...
23.04.2008 - 01:26
Nebel_Hexe
Account deleted
Hahah.
I don't have Sky One, did have Sky a while back but they put prices up a lot for the package we had, but I think my dads going to get it again JUST to watch it o_o.
23.04.2008 - 17:52
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha, yeh - I will have to get my mum to record it or something - I don't have sky here.

and happy St George's day!!
23.04.2008 - 18:04
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
I'll be spending 6 weeks on a training period in England this summer. I'll be working in a stud farm in the middle of the Buckinghamshire countryside. If any of you is around, it could be nice to meet some fellow MSrs
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
23.04.2008 - 18:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Happy St. George day and damn those was times whan Anatolia belong to Hellas , even we lost teritory but legacy there are so strong good think there turks n greeks live in peace
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.04.2008 - 09:55
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
More people are probably aware of St Patricks day since Guiness roll out their hats every year which get all over the place. As for St Georges Day, i've been hearing about it over the past couple of weeks just because of councils and the PC police trying to ban parades in case it offends people.
----
This is an outrage...
26.04.2008 - 15:54
Baz Anderson
Staff
it is a shame not so many people know St. George's day - especially seeing as everyone seems to like waving the "England flag" around at football matches, etc.
we need a day to celebrate being English - but we just don't do anything on this day at all!!

Written by Sekhmet on 23.04.2008 at 18:04

I'll be spending 6 weeks on a training period in England this summer. I'll be working in a stud farm in the middle of the Buckinghamshire countryside. If any of you is around, it could be nice to meet some fellow MSrs

Buckinghamshire is quite a long way from me, but if you feel like coming up to Lincoln - be my guest. I'll show you around everything we have here!
30.04.2008 - 23:58
Nebel_Hexe
Account deleted
UK black metal band Eastern Front are on totalrock.com until 11pm tonight chatting to Christiane on her show Sonic Attack.
Aswell as talking to the band and playing some of their tracks she will play a mixture of black/death metal.
01.05.2008 - 09:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=24216] on 30.04.2008 at 23:58

UK black metal band Eastern Front are on totalrock.com until 11pm tonight chatting to Christiane on her show Sonic Attack.
Aswell as talking to the band and playing some of their tracks she will play a mixture of black/death metal.

Its long time since I lsitened that radio, but now I can says Im not in UK and enter soem kind area code

Dunno what it meANS

But I miss Crushers metal Mayhem and midnight Dinamite
----

apos;'
[image]
01.05.2008 - 20:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Now Its work totalrock awsome BTW those who are into old school metal and german type of metal try
http://www.rockantenne.de/

http://www.rockantenne.de/rock/sites/news/tuff_stuff.php

This is in thirday at 22:00(ger time) awsome , rearly awsome radio, baz probobly gonna like it
----

apos;'
[image]
01.05.2008 - 23:36
Nebel_Hexe
Account deleted
KRUSHER! I miss that guy! What happened to him?! I hope hes well.
I listened to totalrock for some time, I loved Krushers show most of all, he has such a great humour.
I remember a quote of his though I can't remember it fully but it went along the lines of:
"Have peas with your vodka, not only is it refreshing, it is also very healthy for you too".
XD
After a while I got really bored with radio after he disappeared until I discovered Christiane's Sonic Attack