Metal Storm logo
Nickelback

16.06.2006 - 21:07
Pierre Tombale
Elite
I wonder what you people think about Nickelback.
I've seen them live last month and they convinced me with performance and quality.
I have none of their albums yet. It is said that their albums are rather short in playing time.

Discography:
All The Right Reasons (2005)
The Long Road (2003)
Silver Side Up (2001)
The State (2000)
Curb (2000)
site: http://www.nickelback.com/
16.06.2006 - 21:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
jugding on what i listened from them (the singles) they sound rather repetitive. But this will always be a superficial analysis because i dnt have any album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.06.2006 - 12:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
It is one of my favorite TV-bands. That's how I call bands that are on MTV but are worth listening too, when they I come across them. There aren't many of those.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.06.2006 - 14:01
marinBG
I think they are OK. I've tried to listen to their last album, but the only good songs they have are the real hit singles. All the rest is boring.
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
17.06.2006 - 23:17
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I used to listen to this band, mostly because my sister would put their "Silver Side Up" album over and over again what made me even memorize some of their songs. I would say that they aren't bad but there is something about their music that does not catch me and it is not their fame, their exposure in the media because I assure you that I do not judge bands because of that. It could be that their albums aren't as consistent as we would like them to be, they have several fillers in them. I read that they were going to do a tribute in their new album to the parted guitar god, Dimebag Darrell, by making a medley from the Pantera's albums but then I read that they just put a solo from Dime in one song from them. I don't know the title of the song.
----
Christless
18.06.2006 - 00:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
The Pantera connection was more complicated and stemmed from a darker place. Chad became friends with drummer Vinnie Paul and the late guitarist Dimebag Darrell while on tour with Jerry Cantrell, and wound up working with Dimebag on a cover of Elton John's "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting," which appeared on the "Charlie's Angels" soundtrack. After the legendary guitarist was shot and killed onstage, a devastated Kroeger wrote an aggressive song called "Side of a Bullet," as a lasting tribute to his friend. "After I put the song together, I really wanted Vinnie's blessing," Kroeger says. "So, I called him up and played the track for him over the phone. He said, 'I'd love to have you do a song about my brother.' Vinnie then sent some guitar outtakes and we pieced together a solo and put it on the song. The result is a new Dimebag Darrel solo."

A quick search through Nickelback's official site (www.nickelback.com) gives us that.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.06.2006 - 03:48
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Now that I read the name I recall having read it before. Thanks anyway. I downloaded the song and it is not bad but the message is what matters the most I would say. I don't recall hearing that groovy guitar playing from the band before so I guess they put this in the song since it is dedicated to Dimebag. The last work of the solo hardly seems as a "solo put together" but I guess it was just a great work done by them.

Now that I heard this song I think I found out what it is that takes me away from this band. I think it is the vocalist, Chad, for his voice, to me, sound kind of generic. You know, when some movie needs a Rock Soundtrack and hires some guys to play some Rock but they hardly come up with something original? That is how I see his voice.
----
Christless
20.06.2006 - 04:24
Soliloquy
whow...nickelback...really? you guys are lucky that you guys arent from canada. they get so over played here, and get so annoying. on top of that, i just can not stand chad cruger's voice! their drummer is sort of decent though. but chad just kills it for me! its him and thousands ofother bands that have the same broken male voice.

but yeah...i mean, my sister is going to thier show on the 14th of july. the sad thing is that that is my birthday. so she would spend her birthday with those guys. but then again, i have my friends, and i can jam with them
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
20.06.2006 - 13:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Soliloquy.

Don't pity yourself, I think Nickelback is a THOUSAND times better than all the rap crap and R&B that is overplayed here in The Netherlands.

But well, they aren't anything original, but once in a while it is nice to hear song, as long as it doesn't get too much.
----

21.06.2006 - 22:30
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I remember for the longest time I was like...typical redneck American music. But no! Totally from Canada, have to say I didn't expect it. I liked Silver Side Up [except for How You Remind Me, it makes me want to destry orphanages everytime I hear it!!!] . And I like their bassist [fellow 5-string, which is really uncommon on the radio/TV].
22.06.2006 - 06:52
J.K.Carnage
Account deleted
I like nickelback, I remember I made such a big fuss about them. They have acouple songs that really stand out that I like. Other songs just feel like any ol' rock band. Leader of men the acoustic version I think is pretty awesome.
22.06.2006 - 14:47
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
I still love this band, though I wish they'd try something new with their songwriting. The pattern is more or less always the same.

Verse

Verse

Chorus

Verse

Chorus

Bridge

Repeat Verse

Chorus

Still, great rock band to chill to.
----
22.06.2006 - 15:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Elijah on 22.06.2006 at 14:47

I still love this band, though I wish they'd try something new with their songwriting. The pattern is more or less always the same.

Verse
Verse
Chorus
Verse
Chorus
Bridge
Repeat Verse
Chorus

That is the pattern used by most bands. Almost every pop singer will use that pattern.
----

22.06.2006 - 16:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
I don't really like them and their sound couldn't really captivate me, but then again I only know them from what I hear on the radio.

I only liked one song of them. It was their first single "How You Remind Me" and it wasn't that bad actually. In fact, I liked it at that moment, it was released, until I really heard it too much and simply couldn't stand it anymore (that's the thing with most pop songs, in the beginning everybody likes it, so they play it 28times a day until you're so bored listening to it...)
I recently heard it ("How You Remind Me") again after all these years, and I enjoyed listening to it but they're really nothing special.

Nickelback would be one of those bands which - on some festival - I don't necessary would like to see, but easily take in on a distance with a cold beer in my hand
----
Your favorite band sucks.
22.06.2006 - 16:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Thryce on 22.06.2006 at 16:05

Nickelback would be one of those bands which - on some festival - I don't necessary would like to see, but easily take in on a distance with a cold beer in my hand

Yeah exactly. That's a good comparison.
----

25.06.2006 - 21:51
TimmyPix
Yeah they're good, and if you take away the vocals some of the music is fairly heavy (Flat On The Floor, Because Of You). Also the drum intro to Follow You Home is pretty cool. But I love the cover of Saturday Night's Alright, Dimebag's solo rules!

All in all a good band, better than most of the mainstream rock floating around.
----
And remember kids, don't play with matches - flamethrowers are much more fun!
26.06.2006 - 01:40
Pierre Tombale
Elite
Written by Lucas on 22.06.2006 at 16:08

Written by Thryce on 22.06.2006 at 16:05

Yeah exactly. That's a good comparison.

and it's also some good music when you have guests that don't like metal

I finally bought me All The Right Reasons which is quite good. Only Photograph is a quite annoying song.
26.06.2006 - 03:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
What a horrible band...they're always in my town...always here on tour...a lot of their fans exist here and they drive me crazy...they're just another one of those emo commercial rock bands...yeah, they had a few good songs here and there but to me they're just over-played radio fauder...
26.06.2006 - 04:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by [user id=2084] on 26.06.2006 at 03:43

What a horrible band...they're always in my town...always here on tour...a lot of their fans exist here and they drive me crazy...they're just another one of those emo commercial rock bands...yeah, they had a few good songs here and there but to me they're just over-played radio fauder...

I agree. Bands like these are ruining music. I'm really getting tired of these bands that are basically created by record labels to make money.
28.06.2006 - 23:42
adorina
Account deleted
Nickelback is a band I end up listening to sometimes when feeling all nice and happy. Their songs are quite nice at times, but I couldn´t imagine listening to one of their albums for too long. Somehow Nickelback seems to be the perfect background music for making out, or so it just happens, constantly and by chance, with no intent whatsoever How You Remind Me is actually one of my all time favorites.
30.06.2006 - 01:19
nick35
Account deleted
i love nickelback but their first too albums suck in my opinion. the long road is the best and silverside up and all the right reasong are about just as good. They could do without all the slow poppy songs. I guess you gotta attract the girls somehow.:)
02.07.2006 - 00:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
That song Hero from the spiderman soundtrack really bothered me...it really oversaturated the radio...it was always on muchmusic...I think that song made me hate them...I don't really remember disliking them too much until after that...
02.07.2006 - 02:25
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
"Hero" was a really bad collaboration.
----
02.07.2006 - 03:38
Daru Jericho
I really can't stand Nickelback and that 'Photograp' song always gets stuck in my head. Check out this funny video that some dude made. Really, it;s too funny.

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/photograph.html
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

04.07.2006 - 19:58
nick35
Account deleted
photograph was the worst song they ever made but their other stuff is a lot better
04.07.2006 - 21:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@Daru Jericho, my god that was awesome! Real good work..
----

04.07.2006 - 22:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've just heard their radio songs and I think they all sound the same ... pretty lousy band so far IMO.
----
07.07.2006 - 06:27
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
That video prooves again that they write crappy songs and that I can never understand a damn lyric he says
29.08.2006 - 04:56
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
This band is continuosly played.Every song I have heard sounds the exact same,leaving me to wonder,can they only write one song?This band is awful,completely awful.There songs flooding the radio all the time,every year.I have never seen a band release so many songs and albums like these guys.They seem to have a new album or song every couple of months.So after the era of one of their shitty songs,another shitty one,floods the radio.I have a long going joke about their singer with my friends,where I simply slur words,because can anyone really understand this guy?
03.09.2006 - 19:14
Soliloquy
another reason why this band makes me wanna cry. well...sort of cry. their guitarist uses a Dillion. dillions are really rare guitars that are just amazingly to die for. they play like dreams. they look like dreams, and are hand made as well...and this band uses them! they might as well grab a gibson and join all those other bands that do the exact same thing...

but then again, i do have to give the guy some props for using dillions. its not like everyday where you walk into a guitar shop and ask for a dillion over a fender/gibson/jackson/ibenez....but meh
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde