Metal Storm logo
Artillery

17.06.2006 - 06:09
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Artillery are an awesome and overlooked Danish Thrash legend... the released back in the 80s "Fear Of Tomorrow", that is among my top 5 Thrash albums of all times, with very direct straight-to-vein riffs and great vocals.... Unfortunately it's the oly album I own by them, and I'm looking forward for the rest of their discography because "Fear Of Tomorrow" is outstanding...

Any opinions on Artillery???
17.06.2006 - 08:23
EvilOstrich
Account deleted
Artillery, now here's an extremely overlooked and underrated band. Fear of Tomorrow and Terror Squad are on par with just about anything the 80's had to offer. They were head and shoulders above many of their contemporary's both in songwriting and musicianship. Its a shame that not too many people know who they are though......
18.06.2006 - 07:22
Dormant Misery
Account deleted
I only just got a hold of 'Terror Squad' and I'd have to say it's right up there with all of the big name 80s thrash bands. Killer riffs, great solos, time changes that keep you interested and banging your head, aggressive old school vocals and memorable songs. Highly reccomended. Ive gotta check out their other releases.
20.09.2006 - 14:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good bands i realy like it i had hear 2 albums here
http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/Artillery.html
http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/Artillery2.html
Werry good old school atmosfere and i think its one of best old school danish bands ewer, Kind Diamond are King diamond, but this are ick ass old school band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.09.2006 - 15:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
How can it be that I missed this thread before?

Artillery were an awesome thrash outfit back in the day. By far Europe's best IMO, Fear of Tomorrow and Terror Squad are thrash classics, and BY Inheritance comes close too.

ALthough from Denmark they play classic Bay Area thrash.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2006 - 20:07
Mega-Slayer
I have been looking into this band for awhile,and I want their first 2 albums,there are just hard to find.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
20.09.2006 - 20:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mega-Slayer on 20.09.2006 at 20:07

I have been looking into this band for awhile,and I want their first 2 albums,there are just hard to find.

You cam listen them www.vibrationsdoom,com lock at my first post tehre are full link
----

apos;'
[image]
21.09.2006 - 02:50
Mega-Slayer
Written by Bad English on 20.09.2006 at 20:23

You cam listen them www.vibrationsdoom,com lock at my first post tehre are full link

Hey thanks man,great site has lots of info,had to download realplayer,but who cares.You can listen to pretty much anything.
----

21.09.2006 - 03:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mega-Slayer on 21.09.2006 at 02:50

Hey thanks man,great site has lots of info,had to download realplayer,but who cares.You can listen to pretty much anything.

haha man in vibrationofdoom you can listen but can not dounloud, seems in all sites where are real player w ecan kisteb but boot dounloud
----

apos;'
[image]
21.09.2006 - 06:54
Mega-Slayer
Written by Bad English on 21.09.2006 at 03:42

Written by Mega-Slayer on 21.09.2006 at 02:50

haha man in vibrationofdoom you can listen but can not dounloud, seems in all sites where are real player w ecan kisteb but boot dounloud

Yeah you cant burn them on to a cd,but it is cool to be able to listen to the whole song,instead of 30 secs.
My only complaint is the quality of the songs aren't the best.
----

21.09.2006 - 13:27
KUFFAR
Account deleted
Gtreat old scholl thrash band! Life in the Trash :
02.12.2007 - 21:29
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
I love this band, definetly the best Danish Thrash. Khomaniac is definetly one of my five favourite Thrash songs os all time m/. It sucks that these guys are so overlooked, I could name a bunch of Thrash bands that are more well known with less musical talent then Artillery.
02.12.2007 - 23:43
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Artillery are amazing. I really like Terror Squad, and I'm hoping to see them here in Denmark in febuary.

I'm actually quite surprised of how well known they are outside of Denmark.
----
THRASH!!!
05.12.2007 - 23:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DrunkenFuck on 02.12.2007 at 23:43

Artillery are amazing. I really like Terror Squad, and I'm hoping to see them here in Denmark in febuary.

I'm actually quite surprised of how well known they are outside of Denmark.

I agree but thos ewho libe in 80ties(Marcel H ) know a lot of good bands from time, and nowdays i - net are so w ecan dig out more about such bands
----

apos;'
[image]
23.03.2008 - 13:09
Wintermute
I only have "By Inheritance". Great album, great band.

Bombfood is one of the greatest thrash songs ever written.
----
Life is a waste of time.... time is a waste of life.
23.03.2008 - 19:56
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Wintermute on 23.03.2008 at 13:09

I only have "By Inheritance". Great album, great band.

Bombfood is one of the greatest thrash songs ever written.

I totally agree! I just really started listening to By Inheritance a while ago, and while all the songs are great (especially Khomaniac and Don't Believe) Bombfood just floored me! I think it's their greatest album. I listen to it a couple of times everyday!

"Soldieeeeer" ... Awesome...
----
THRASH!!!
24.03.2008 - 01:12
Wintermute
Soldieeeerrr!
You're not worth a damn!
Take orders, is all that you can
Obey theemmmm
They'll teach you every rule,
Bombfood!!! you're nothing but a tool !!!

Gotta love it
----
Life is a waste of time.... time is a waste of life.
24.03.2008 - 12:34
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Wintermute on 24.03.2008 at 01:12

Soldieeeerrr!
You're not worth a damn!
Take orders, is all that you can
Obey theemmmm
They'll teach you every rule,
Bombfood!!! you're nothing but a tool !!!

Gotta love it

Yeah!
----
THRASH!!!
04.06.2008 - 22:01
Baz Anderson
Staff
I have really gotten into Artillery the last couple of days..
the first three albums, the second and third ones especially are really really good!!
20.06.2008 - 20:55
Candlemass
Defaeco
The melodies in 'By Inheritance' are epic!!
What killers! This is one of my all time thrash metal albums!!
TRUE CLASSIC OF THE GENRE.
There debut also rocks.
15.01.2009 - 03:59
JENNYJUDAS87
Account deleted
Great thrash band of all times!
20.06.2009 - 20:20
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
So has anyone listened to the new album already? I find it not really satisfying at all. The title track, 10000 Devils and a solo on Uniform are the only high lights... everything else is just average or boring.

EDIT. Also this album has nothing to do with the word "technical." It's simple thrash bordering with heavy metal.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
20.06.2009 - 22:24
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I've heard only a few songs so i don't have an opinion yet. the point is that i liked their style now much more than the way they played in the past...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
21.06.2009 - 13:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by K✞ulu on 20.06.2009 at 20:20

So has anyone listened to the new album already? I find it not really satisfying at all. The title track, 10000 Devils and a solo on Uniform are the only high lights... everything else is just average or boring.

EDIT. Also this album has nothing to do with the word "technical." It's simple thrash bordering with heavy metal.

I dont understand why people keep on referring to them as technical thrash cause they never were technical. If they are technical so is every single bay area thrash band.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.06.2009 - 13:26
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2009 at 13:16

I dont understand why people keep on referring to them as technical thrash cause they never were technical. If they are technical so is every single bay area thrash band.

so why don't you change them to "Thrash"??? you are a mod so you can, right?
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
21.06.2009 - 14:00
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.06.2009 at 13:16

And this is exactly what I've been thinking too. Even By Inheritance, which is more complicated than the two previous albums, I wouldn't categorize it as technical thrash myself.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
23.06.2009 - 02:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
@Deadmeta & Ktulu, I just chanegd the style to Bay Area Thrash. Currently gat home after Hellfest so more time for that sort of stuff :-)

Btw talking about Thrash Sacred Reich were great.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.06.2009 - 09:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.06.2009 at 02:15

@Deadmeta & Ktulu, I just chanegd the style to Bay Area Thrash. Currently gat home after Hellfest so more time for that sort of stuff :-)

Btw talking about Thrash Sacred Reich were great.

specially "Ignorance" is a great album! (but i've not heard The American Way which is mentioned here as their best -because of the rating)..

thanks for the change
----
07.10.2019 - 11:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Artillery (The Official Page)
21 hours ago
Dear loyal friends and fans
It is with a heavy heart, a great deal of shock and a lot of disbelief that we have inform you that founding member, friend - and brother, Morten Stützer, no longer is with us. He passed away at the way-too-early age of 57 on the evening of October 2nd. He was surrounded by his family.

We are absolutely devastated. Morten's contributions to the band has been invaluable. Besides his incredible musicianship, Morten's knowledge on so many aspects of life as well as his witty way of being will be so sorely missed.
One thing that is not to forgotten however, is the legacy that Morten has left behind in this world.

Morten's contributions and work in music has brought so much joy and entertainment to so many people throughout the world - and will continue to do so for generations to come. In this fact, we find a great deal of comfort.
Needless to say, this will NOT be the end of ARTILLERY. In Morten's spirit, and as an ode to Morten, Artillery will soldier on.

Morten will be missed, but never forgotten.
Good bye, Morten.
----

apos;'
[image]
28.10.2019 - 06:09
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Bad English on 07.10.2019 at 11:11

Artillery (The Official Page)
21 hours ago
Dear loyal friends and fans
It is with a heavy heart, a great deal of shock and a lot of disbelief that we have inform you that founding member, friend - and brother, Morten Stützer, no longer is with us. He passed away at the way-too-early age of 57 on the evening of October 2nd. He was surrounded by his family.

We are absolutely devastated. Morten's contributions to the band has been invaluable. Besides his incredible musicianship, Morten's knowledge on so many aspects of life as well as his witty way of being will be so sorely missed.
One thing that is not to forgotten however, is the legacy that Morten has left behind in this world.

Morten's contributions and work in music has brought so much joy and entertainment to so many people throughout the world - and will continue to do so for generations to come. In this fact, we find a great deal of comfort.
Needless to say, this will NOT be the end of ARTILLERY. In Morten's spirit, and as an ode to Morten, Artillery will soldier on.

Morten will be missed, but never forgotten.
Good bye, Morten.

Woah man I didn't know that. This is sad RIP
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here